Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:59 pm 

I saw the P/O gig in Atlanta last week (just the saturday show) and was disappointed to see Ike just sitting on a stool looking bummed out for most of the set. I considered the possibility that he could have been ill. I hope he isnt like that at every show. I was really looking forward to seeing them for the first time. Nappy Brock blew my mind. He made up for the band's lack of stage presence. Does anyone know about Ike?<br><br>Roman Gabriel Todd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:47 pm 

yeah, he does that a lot.  i dont know, maybe he just doesnt like standing for the whole show.  i do enjoy when he steps up to the plate and knocks an outside now solo out of the park, however.  8)  you see if jimmie d was here, he would have the answer lickety-split (hes their sound guy/driver).  welcome to the forum, stay a while why dontcha? :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:00 am 

I was at both shows in Atlanta. It seemed to me like Ike was tired that night too. Sunday it just gelled a little more, everyone was looser and having a great time. I'm glad I got to stay for both shows as they played a lot more of my personal favorite songs on Sunday- overall I think even Ike was stronger the second night, despite a smaller turnout. I thought "Andy" was amazing! For me it was great to see Denny play more, I had just seen him with the Magic Band and I'm thrilled to get to hear so much great music live after just  listening to it on vinyl for 20 years.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 1:34 pm 

OK - I just received a video of both shows - the 2nd night was much better! ike was talking, laughing and moving. I wish i would have went to sunday's show instead. i guess saturday was just a bad night for them.<br><br>Roman Gabriel Todd