Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:00 am 

Ok Ok, I've been gone for a long time, & asked this in another forum before, so I thought i'd try here to see if I get better results, or ANY?!!<br><br> So can ANYONE tell me WHEN we'll get to buy the "Roxy" dvd that looks so incredible & will be So Lenghty(since it's more than 1 gig FZ & The Band payed there) since the "Baby Snakes" dvd had such a great trailer for the "Roxy" gigs on it???<br><br> I mean the "Baby Snakes" dvd's trailer for the Roxy material made it seem like it's release was IMMINENT! So where is this??<br><br> Ever since I bought the great vhs of "The Dub Room Special" way back when Frank was still alive & running the stuff released from "The Vault", i've been fascinated wanting to see more from this great band! And while I saw FZ & his various bands in MANY incarnations, & I love them all, I always felt the band that performed at the Roxy(but include Ralph Humphrey on drums too)was my fave, & I was lucky enuff to see that band here in 1973!<br><br>So can ANYONE pls inform me about this? I mean with all due respect to Gail(I know it's not easy sweetie)<br>she just doesn't run this thing with the efficiency that Frank did, & therefore we must wait intolerable ammounts of time between releases! ???<br><br>I need my Roxy fix dammit, so pls, pls someone tell me this dvd will be released soon?? ::)<br><br>Btw, (i'm sure i'm not alone on this)I want ALL the old video's that used to be availble on vhs released on dvd, as I didn't get a few titles(way back then) because of money! Now; the release of the "BS" dvd was a great start, & so was the release of "Does Humor Belong In Music" on dvd(altho I always thought that was edited way too much & was my least fave FZ vid, because THAT WAS A GREAT LIVE CONCERT!)but I need the "ROXY"-"The Real Story of 200 Motels"-"The Burnt Weenie Sandwich"-"The Video From Hell" & "Uncle Meat" released on dvd!! <br><br>So, PLEASE, everyone who agrees with me on this, lets somehow do what we can to get these wonderful & historical events released on dvd asap! :( >:(  Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:51 pm 

[quote author=blackzoner link=board=rant;num=1096992054;start=0#0 date=10/05/04 at 09:00:54]Ok Ok, I've been gone for a long time, & asked this in another forum before, so I thought i'd try here to see if I get better results, or ANY?!!<br><br> So can ANYONE tell me WHEN we'll get to buy the "Roxy" dvd that looks so incredible & will be So Lenghty(since it's more than 1 gig FZ & The Band payed there) since the "Baby Snakes" dvd had such a great trailer for the "Roxy" gigs on it???<br><br> I mean the "Baby Snakes" dvd's trailer for the Roxy material made it seem like it's release was IMMINENT! So where is this??<br><br> Ever since I bought the great vhs of "The Dub Room Special" way back when Frank was still alive & running the stuff released from "The Vault", i've been fascinated wanting to see more from this great band! And while I saw FZ & his various bands in MANY incarnations, & I love them all, I always felt the band that performed at the Roxy(but include Ralph Humphrey on drums too)was my fave, & I was lucky enuff to see that band here in 1973!<br><br>So can ANYONE pls inform me about this? I mean with all due respect to Gail(I know it's not easy sweetie)<br>she just doesn't run this thing with the efficiency that Frank did, & therefore we must wait intolerable ammounts of time between releases! ???<br><br>I need my Roxy fix dammit, so pls, pls someone tell me this dvd will be released soon?? ::)<br><br>Btw, (i'm sure i'm not alone on this)I want ALL the old video's that used to be availble on vhs released on dvd, as I didn't get a few titles(way back then) because of money! Now; the release of the "BS" dvd was a great start, & so was the release of "Does Humor Belong In Music" on dvd(altho I always thought that was edited way too much & was my least fave FZ vid, because THAT WAS A GREAT LIVE CONCERT!)but I need the "ROXY"-"The Real Story of 200 Motels"-"The Burnt Weenie Sandwich"-"The Video From Hell" & "Uncle Meat" released on dvd!! <br><br>So, PLEASE, everyone who agrees with me on this, lets somehow do what we can to get these wonderful & historical events released on dvd asap! :( >:(  Thanks.[/quote]<br>What do you mean when? Have you been living under a rock? It's been out for several weeks now. My advice; get a copy. NOW!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:12 am 

[center]Frank Zappa<br>and these Mothers<br>played at The Roxy<br>on Sunset Blvd.<br>8, 9 & 10 December 1973.<br><br>Live from the Vault<br>in time for the closing<br>of the eons<br>Intercontinental <br>Absurdities<br>hereby presents in all<br>its original splendor<br>& non-government<br>supported program<br>of unreleased<br>stimulating digital<br>audio entertainment<br>composed, produced<br>and performed<br>(& mixed in 1987)<br>by FZ. <br><br>THE ROXY PERFORMANCEs <br><br>December 9, 1973 <br><br>20 Original Songs<br>3 Complete Shows<br>4 Hours Uncut <br><br>George Duke<br>Tom Fowler<br>Napoleon Murphy Brock<br>Chester Thompson <br>Ruth Underwood<br>Ralph Humphrey<br>Bruce Fowler<br>Zappa <br><br>uniquely qualified<br>the proud<br>The Mothers [/center]<br><br> A 3:14 trailer for "The Roxy Performances" was <br>posted to http://www.zappa.com. The file was called:<br>     RoxyTrailer.mov<br>and its location was: <br>http://www.zappa.com/~roxytrailer/RoxyTrailer.mov

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:07 pm 

So, in other words nobody really knows, plus the fact that you already posted this subject before with the same results. We are all waiting for it. :o

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:24 am 

I just hope it is here in time for my grandkids to show their grandchildren.<br> :-/

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:10 pm 
Banned

It won't be released soon, but it will be released. You'll just have to be patient.

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:56 pm 

[quote author=Isaac link=board=rant;num=1096992054;start=0#7 date=10/10/04 at 00:10:19]It won't be released soon, but it will be released. You'll just have to be patient.[/quote]<br><br>Yeah, unlike what you have been the last 30 something years.   ;D<br><br>Man, just a release date would be fantastic!  Then I could schedule a vacation day from work!