Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 406 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:01 am 

monstermovie wrote:
For those who are sensitive to life outside Earth and/or (just like me) simply love Science Fiction I suggest to read a fascinating book (at least I was fascinated):<br>"Seeding Stars" by James Blish.<br><br>Ciao ;)

Monstermovie, you definitevely have to find that book:

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:52 am 

Post subject:

Post subject:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:53 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:53 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:54 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:54 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:55 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 6:03 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 6:04 am 

Post subject:

Post subject:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 6:05 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 6:05 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 6:09 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 6:10 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 6:11 am 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Hacker fears 'UFO cover-up'

In 2002, Gary McKinnon was arrested by the UK's national high-tech crime unit, after being accused of hacking into Nasa and the US military computer networks.

[url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/help/3681938.stm]
Exclusive BBC Interview
>>>>>CLICK ME I'M A VIDEO<<<<< [/url]

He says he spent two years looking for photographic evidence of alien spacecraft and advanced power technology.

America now wants to put him on trial, and if tried there he could face 60 years behind bars.

Banned from using the internet, Gary spoke to Click presenter Spencer Kelly to tell his side of the story, ahead of his extradition hearing on Wednesday, 10 May. You can read what he had to say here.

Spencer Kelly: Here's your list of charges: you hacked into the Army, the Navy, the Air Force, the Department of Defense, and Nasa, amongst other things. Why?

Gary McKinnon: I was in search of suppressed technology, laughingly referred to as UFO technology. I think it's the biggest kept secret in the world because of its comic value, but it's a very important thing.

Old-age pensioners can't pay their fuel bills, countries are invaded to award oil contracts to the West, and meanwhile secretive parts of the secret government are sitting on suppressed technology for free energy.

SK: How did you go about trying to find the stuff you were looking for in Nasa, in the Department of Defense?

GM: Unlike the press would have you believe, it wasn't very clever. I searched for blank passwords, I wrote a tiny Perl script that tied together other people's programs that search for blank passwords, so you could scan 65,000 machines in just over eight minutes.

SK: So you're saying that you found computers which had a high-ranking status, administrator status, which hadn't had their passwords set - they were still set to default?

GM: Yes, precisely.

SK: Were you the only hacker to make it past the slightly lower-than-expected lines of defence?

GM: Yes, exactly, there were no lines of defence. There was a permanent tenancy of foreign hackers. You could run a command when you were on the machine that showed connections from all over the world, check the IP address to see if it was another military base or whatever, and it wasn't.

The General Accounting Office in America has again published another damning report saying that federal security is very, very poor.

SK: Over what kind of period were you hacking into these computers? Was it a one-time only, or for the course of a week?

GM: Oh no, it was a couple of years.

SK: And you went unnoticed for a couple of years?

GM: Oh yes. I used to be careful about the hours.

SK: So you would log on in the middle of the night, say?

GM: Yes, I'd always be juggling different time zones. Doing it at night time there's hopefully not many people around. But there was one occasion when a network engineer saw me and actually questioned me and we actually talked to each other via WordPad, which was very, very strange.

SK: So what did he say? And what did you say?

GM: He said "What are you doing?" which was a bit shocking. I told him I was from Military Computer Security, which he fully believed.

SK: Did you find what you were looking for?

GM: Yes.

SK: Tell us about it.

GM: There was a group called the Disclosure Project. They published a book which had 400 expert witnesses ranging from civilian air traffic controllers, through military radar operators, right up to the chaps who were responsible for whether or not to launch nuclear missiles.

They are some very credible, relied upon people, all saying yes, there is UFO technology, there's anti-gravity, there's free energy, and it's extra-terrestrial in origin, and we've captured spacecraft and reverse-engineered it.

SK: What did you find inside Nasa?

GM: One of these people was a Nasa photographic expert, and she said that in building eight of Johnson Space Centre they regularly airbrushed out images of UFOs from the high-resolution satellite imaging. What she said was there was there: there were folders called "filtered" and "unfiltered", "processed" and "raw", something like that.

I got one picture out of the folder, and bearing in mind this is a 56k dial-up, so a very slow internet connection, in dial-up days, using the remote control programme I turned the colour down to 4bit colour and the screen resolution really, really low, and even then the picture was still juddering as it came onto the screen.

But what came on to the screen was amazing. It was a culmination of all my efforts. It was a picture of something that definitely wasn't man-made.

It was above the Earth's hemisphere. It kind of looked like a satellite. It was cigar-shaped and had geodesic domes above, below, to the left, the right and both ends of it, and although it was a low-resolution picture it was very close up.

This thing was hanging in space, the earth's hemisphere visible below it, and no rivets, no seams, none of the stuff associated with normal man-made manufacturing.

SK: Is it possible this is an artist's impression?

GM: I don't know... For me, it was more than a coincidence. This woman has said: "This is what happens, in this building, in this space centre". I went into that building, that space centre, and saw exactly that.

SK: Do you have a copy of this? It came down to your machine.

GM: No, the graphical remote viewer works frame by frame. It's a Java application, so there's nothing to save on your hard drive, or at least if it is, only one frame at a time.

SK: So did you get the one frame?

GM: No.

SK: What happened?

GM: Once I was cut off, my picture just disappeared.

SK: You were actually cut off the time you were downloading the picture?

GM: Yes, I saw the guy's hand move across.

SK: You acknowledge that what you did was against the law, it was wrong, don't you?

GM: Unauthorised access is against the law and it is wrong.

SK: What do you think is a suitable punishment for someone who did what you did?

GM: Firstly, because of what I was looking for, I think I was morally correct. Even though I regret it now, I think the free energy technology should be publicly available.

I want to be tried in my own country, under the Computer Misuse Act, and I want evidence brought forward, or at least want the Americans to have to provide evidence in order to extradite me, because I know there is no evidence of damage.

Nasa told Click that it does not discuss computer security issues or legal matters. It denied it would ever manipulate images in order to deceive and said it had a policy of open and full disclosure, adding it had no direct evidence of extra-terrestrial life [yeah, sure...].

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/click_online/4977134.stm

Make sure to check that out...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 4:57 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:03 pm 

better watch for the skin deep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:33 am 

Hey, Flat. Don't tread on my thread... That is not funny anymore, since it is not original (you have posted it before on the Who am I thread) and nobody explicitely laughed... I am trying to raise your level of awareness of the natural world:

SO here is something funny for ya, since you want hand relief, would it help to send you to go fuck yourself? :wink:
It is just a joke, I will still keep checking the Frankie goes to Hollywood thread 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 4:59 am 

Quite rightly admonished, G.G., and iyam suitably shriven. Mea culpa: I was in a silly and not overly creative mood (musta been something I ingested...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 6:51 am 

No hard feelings Flat., I just can't afford to be ridicularized on a subject I judge to be very serious. And now, some raw unbritle cover-up?

UFO study finds no sign of aliens
Mark Simpson
BBC News

A confidential Ministry of Defence report on Unidentified Flying Objects has concluded that there is no proof of alien life forms.

[url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/help/3681938.stm]Image

>>>>>CLICK ME I AM A VIDEO<<<<<[/url]

In spite of the secrecy surrounding the UFO study, it seems citizens of planet Earth have little to worry about.

The report, which was completed in 2000 and stamped "Secret: UK Eyes Only", has been made public for the first time.

Only a small number of copies were produced and the identity of the man who wrote it has been protected.

His findings were only made public thanks to the Freedom of Information Act, after a request by Sheffield Hallam University academic Dr David Clarke.

The four-year study - entitled Unidentified Aerial Phenomena in the UK - tackles the long-running question by UFO-spotters: "Is anyone out there?"

The answer, it seems, is "no".

Meteors may have been responsible for some UFO sightings

The 400-page report puts it like this: "No evidence exists to suggest that the phenomena seen are hostile or under any type of control, other than that of natural physical forces."

It adds: "There is no evidence that 'solid' objects exist which could cause a collision hazard."

So if there are no such things as little green men in spaceships or flying saucers, why have so many people reported seeing them?

Well, here is the science bit.

"Evidence suggests that meteors and their well-known effects and, possibly some other less-known effects are responsible for some unidentified aerial phenomena," concludes the report.

"Considerable evidence exists to support the thesis that the events are almost certainly attributable to physical, electrical and magnetic phenomena in the atmosphere, mesosphere and ionosphere.

"They appear to originate due to more than one set of weather and electrically-charged conditions and are observed so infrequently as to make them unique to the majority of observers."

People who claim to have had a "close encounter" are often difficult to persuade that they did not really see what they thought they saw. The report offers a possible medical explanation.

"The close proximity of plasma related fields can adversely affect a vehicle or person," states the report.

"Local fields of this type have been medically proven to cause responses in the temporal lobes of the human brain. These result in the observer sustaining (and later describing and retaining) his or her own vivid, but mainly incorrect, description of what is experienced."

There are, of course, other causes of UFOs - aeroplanes with particularly bright lights, stray odd-shaped balloons and strange flocks of birds, to name but a few.

Future studies into this subject are unlikely

It is not clear how much time and effort the MoD has spent looking at the skies in recent years, but it appears there are no plans for an in-depth UFO report like the one written in 2000.

A MoD spokesperson said: "Both this study and the original "Flying Saucer Working Party" [already in public domain in the national Archives] concluded that there is insufficient evidence to indicate the presence of any genuine unidentified aerial phenomena.

"It is unlikely that we would carry out any future studies unless such evidence were to emerge."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4981720.stm

Yeah, right, no intelligent ETs on earth yet! I was quite surprised yesterday when they put in BBC's site the interview with Gary McKinnon I have posted above. For every slack they give on the subject there is a counter strike of missinformation... Those who live shall see...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:12 am 

As a matter of fact, UFO do exist.
The "U" means unidentified, right? :D

Flying Saucers may sometimes occur.
What a strange custom to waste the dish this way.

How to believe that the stupid leaders of our small undeveloped human tribes could have had secret negociations with visitors who can travel at the speed of light?
Could the Africans and Ameridians tribes leaders secretly negociate with the Europeans visitors and hide their existence? LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:05 am 

Maroual wrote:
As a matter of fact, UFO do exist.
The "U" means unidentified, right? :D

Yeah, in its original form, today UFO is commonly used to refer to alien spacecraft...

Maroual wrote:
Flying Saucers may sometimes occur.
What a strange custom to waste the dish this way.

That is a naïve statment: to belive every picture available is a grotesque fraud, but, one can't blame you. I was once blind regarding these matters too...

Maroual wrote:
How to believe that the stupid leaders of our small undeveloped human tribes could have had secret negociations with visitors who can travel at the speed of light?
Could the Africans and Ameridians tribes leaders secretly negociate with the Europeans visitors and hide their existence? LOL

That shows a clearly missinterpretation of so called human primitive cultures (or maybe just plain racism). To belive that they were undeveloped is more so naïve... Some pre-colombiam nations had a very advance astronomical knwoledge. TO asume there is a current alien-gov't conspiracy requires a big leap in just knowing the cover up for the phenomena do exist... Just look for the information and sort out the good from the bad info... As a matter of fact all the letters and document above are from oficial source released under the FOIA - Freedom of Information Act.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 406 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next