Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:32 pm 

Hi,

Other than the guy being a jackass because he plays metal-punk with purple hair and thinks that he has a bigger dick than everyone else ... he will never meet a true groupie like that, btw!!! ... in the end, your line is fucked up and not kool.

Jerry might not be the best, and he never claimed to be ... but his legacy to a lot of music is the one thing that most of us do not do in music, and you would be too scared to even try ... and that was in the really old days, when they would play for hours and experiment ... and this was one of the things that helped the music scene a lot more than we give it credit for. It was a lot of that which ended up giving "progressive" music it's name ... and those London'ers are too damn imperialistic to even think that they could have learned something from some hippies in the west coast or from some imjums out in nowhereville ... that them london'ers spent their time raping, killing, robbing ... and ... well ... you all know those stories!

But there is a lot of recorded work of his that is very good and deserves the acclaim, albeit it, it was almost never the same in concert and he was probably either too lazy, or he might have thought that the studio polish stuff was full of crap and he wanted to do what he wanted to do.

So, JP ... stuff it ... and I hope that one day, Jerry's ghost shows up and scares the living shit out of you ... better yet, when the time comes for you to make a call on "making it or not" ... the judge is Jerry ... and I'm gonna say ... right now ... good luck MF'r ... you're gonna need it!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:27 am 

bugler wrote:
Prospero wrote:
Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
Does anyone know if marijuana interacts well with steroids?

I too would like to find out.

Back to topic, I must state that Grateful Dead is the only other band aside from Zappa (and perhaps Thelonious Monk) for which I cared enough to get the most I could get my hands on (albums, dick pick's, road trips and complete concert sets (things similar to YCDTOSA, etc)). From what I read (Ben Fong-Torres) their performances were really drug-influenced at the time of the Acid Tests. Then the band became somewhat more professional. Jerry Garcia (and the many keyboardists) was pretty much the only one who seemed to struggle with drugs in the 70s and 80s. That and bad eating and sleeping habits led him to face many health problems until his death.

Musically, it took me some time to enjoy the Dead. It took me time to enjoy Frank's music too. I cannot compare Zappa's bands to Grateful Dead. Zappa is much more spectacular in all its technicality (which most importantly never sounds like too much). Grateful Dead does however offer an alternate universe. It is more relaxed and conservative (roots-wise I mean: blues, country, folk etc, and less experimental). I think the Dead mood breaks the Zappa mood nicely when tired of it (if you ever get to that point). The musicians converse well on stage. I believe they have good improv instincts that are best represented on live albums (which are well worth looking into).

I suggest you get the Winterland 73 concerts (better than Live/Dead without the drugs). I understand how Zappa fans can hate Jerry Garcia. He is an emblem of drug abuse. I personally never did or even tried any drugs, only tittes and beer.

marijuana is a racist term. CANNABIS interacts well WITH EVERYHING. Too bad Frank didn't smoke that instead of those cancer sicks. he'd still be here today............

Since when was marijuana a racist term.
I have never heard the term used with any sort of 'racist' connotation.
The word might have a spanish portmanteau origin, but to claim it as racist seems a bit over-PC.

OK. Just read some articles online about nasty bigoted Americans and the racist nature of USA drug laws. Interesting stuff. Not widely known this side of the pond.
:shock:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:45 am 

There's a lot of stuff not widely known about the USA across the pond............didja know the USA controls world drug policy by way of the "embargo card"?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:27 am 

Jerry's Funeral in '95:

Nice Pants Dude

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:17 am 

Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
Jerry's Funeral in '95:

Nice Pants Dude

fucking retards. take a bath.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:17 am 

phony hippies

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:27 pm 

LOL Look at this douche:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8