Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:11 pm 

Love Her All I Can  by KISS off the Dressed To Kill album.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 7:49 am 

The Clash "Overpowered by Funk"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:12 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:19 pm 

And, unless it was here and became a casualty of the crash, one of my favorite childhood memories, "The Chambers Brothers" - "Time" (or was it, "The Time (has come today)"?) Remember all those songs that had those parenthetical names?<br><br>--Bat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:43 pm 

[center][img]<br>http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/images/avatars/1526504355430f469c70016.gif[/img]<br>[/center]<br><br> <br>Incence & Peppermint by The Strawberry Alarm Clock. 8)<br><br>

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:43 am 

Image<br>not a cowbell, i know, but i did see John Flansburg play the stick, it's literally a big stick with a microphone duct taped to the end of it...he then bangs it on the floor for the rthythm part of "Lie Still Little Bottle".... sometimes he sings into the stick, it has a zoob tube effect.. or he'll hold it out to an audience member to sing into.<br><br>i have heard stories about him playing his guitar through the stick.. kinda like a ring modulator kinda deal, i've never seen this..but some people say they have... i believe them!<br><br>he did let me play his guitar at one show, i cant remember the song i think maybe it was " Lucky Ball And Chain".... he then acted as if i had broken the guitar and it would not tune..he said "my guitar!..that guy broke my guitar... the guy in the hat... i'll see you after the show"<br><br>which he did...we had a nice chat!<br><br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:32 pm 

E.L.O.  "Evil Woman" or "Don't Let Me Down"(Brrrruuuce!)<br>can't remember exactly which one. Maybe BOTH<br>[center]Image[/center]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:45 pm 

Beatles - White Album - Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:08 am 

[center]Simple Minds: New Gold Dream (81,82-83,84)[/center]<br><br>[center]The wurzels: Combine harvester[/center]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:17 am 

Image<br><br>Lots and lots of cowbell. Eric Dolphy also plays on this album.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:47 pm 

[move]"The cowbell as a symbol of unbridled passion, ladies & gentlemen." ;D[/move]<br><br>[center]Image[/center]<br>Allow me to present for your clunking and thunking consumption, Sly & the Family Stone with their cowbell classic, "Everyday People."<br><br>" ...and so on and so on and scooby dooby doo..."<br><br>*[sub]thunk[/sub][sub]*thunk[/sub][sub]*thunk[/sub]<br>Mixed snugly in your right speaker ;)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:37 pm 

"Breaking The Girl" by The Red Hot Chili Peppers<br>[center]Image[/center]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:41 pm 
Banned

[center][quote author=Milton_Bradley link=board=rant;num=1112917364;start=60#64 date=11/21/05 at 17:37:44]Image[/quote]<br><br>When your lead starts breaking into Toys-R-Us every night, you know your band's in trouble.... ;D ;)[/center]

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:44 pm 

[quote author=Milton_Bradley link=board=rant;num=1112917364;start=60#64 date=11/21/05 at 17:37:44]"Breaking The Girl" by The Red Hot Chili Peppers<br>[center]Image[/center][/quote]<br>Never have their been funkier white boys. Fuckin' love the Chilli's. Especially the early shit with Hillel.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:28 pm 

Today on the radio I was hit with yet another cowbell classic. Very 80s with really insipid lyrics.<br><br> Ladies and Germs, I present to you The Allan Parsons Project with their Cowbell Classic "Games People Play"<br>Image<br><br>"Where do we go from hee-eeeer, now that all of the chil-dren have gro-oooon up...." ???

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:46 pm 

Here´s the (supposedly) complete list from the Cowbell Project.<br><br>ImageImage<br><br>http://www.geekspeakweekly.com/cowbell/data_search.pl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:56 pm 

In response to slime's picture --<br><br>Holy. Shit.<br><br>I once drew a picture of a nerdy, fat, Comic-Book-Guy type, clicking away at his computer, saying .. <br><br>"...a bitchin' studio overdub with Ike Willis on Cowbell ..."<br><br>I pulled it out of my ass.  I never knew it really happened.  (Even though he's not overdubbing in the studio..) Wow.

Post subject: THE TRUTH ABOUT COWBELL
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:02 am 

Blue Oyster Cult´s ERIC BLOOMspills the beans:<br><br>Q: I am sure you have probably gotten this question quite a bit over the last couple of years, but have you seen the Saturday Night Live parody of BOC on VH1’s “Behind the Music”. If so, what did you think about it?<br>A: Of course we've seen that sketch on SNL. I saw it live, but we didn't know about it, so it floored me. I have the audio on my desktop. We thought it was hilarious, but had a few odd mistakes. Chris Walken (superstar producer Bruce Dickenson) didn't produce the Reaper in real life. The cow bell guy Gene Frenkle (no such guy) calls the 'Buck-ish" character Eric. But we still enjoyed it.<br><br>Q: Do a lot of people ask you if there was actually a “Gene Frenkle” in BOC?<br>A: My own sister asked me if some guy really died in our band. There was never a "Gene Frenkle" -type character in BOC, although invariably, I meet someone after a show who says something like: "My cousin _________<--add any name here, told me he was the original _____<--add any band position, in BOC before it was called BOC. " Or my brother-in-law was on your crew in the 70's." Or My friend ______etc. jammed with you at ______etc."<br>

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:58 am 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:04 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:26 am 

The Jaggerz - The Rapper<br>Procol Harum - Monsieur R. Monde

They never won't

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next