The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Duckman on DVD?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:31 pm 
Banned

From http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Duckman-DVDs-Planned/8731:

Quote:
Our good friend Susanne Ault, of trade magazine Video Business, has put together a new story posted yesterday at VB's website, titled "CBS DVD to increase its release slate: Label plans to roll out 105 to 110 titles". In it, Susanne discusses how CBS DVD "now retains creative oversight over series from former sibling Paramount Television, including Beverly Hills 90210 and Twin Peaks, and Showtime, home of Dexter and The L Word...(and d)espite Viacom and CBS now being separate companies, Viacom's Paramount Home Entertainment and CBS DVD work together, with Paramount handling sales and distribution and the two companies sharing marketing duties." This, by the way, is essentially why we here at TVShowsOnDVD tend to refer to releases as being from "CBS/Paramount", due to the shared nature of the production and distribution.

Susanne's article goes over how CBS DVD intends to release 13-18% more TV-DVD titles in 2008 - roughly 105-110 planned releases - as compared to their 2007 slate. In it, she covers three major pieces of news for fans. Two of them concern HD DVD-format releases, and we've posted about those separately. The DVD-specific news in Susanne's story, though, will bowl over fans who have been waiting for a release for a looong time of...Duckman!

Klasky-Csupo (Rugrats, The Wild Thornberrys) produced this 1994 animated series, with a cast that includes the voices of Jason Alexander (Seinfeld), Gregg Berger ("Grimlock" from Transformers), singer Dweezil Zappa, Nancy Travis (Becker) and Tim Curry (The Rocky Horror Picture Show). It is currently the 83rd-most-wanted unreleased series among TVShowsOnDVD voters, and has massive support around the internet for a home video release. It looks like this is coming out at long last. Here is what Susanne's story says:

(CBS DVD Executive VP and General Manager Ken) Ross hopes to keep satisfying consumer demand through 2008 with the release of Duckman, a cult '90s animated program. An online petition for the series' DVD bow has garnered more than 7,000 signatures.

"There has been a level of fan demand for this show for a long time," said Ross, who declined to specify exact reasons for the DVD release hold-up. "We really had to wrap our brain around figuring a way to do it."

Exact street date or pricing has not yet been set for Duckman, but it's possible that multiple seasons will be released within one package next year.

"Our philosophy is that we are TV, so we are going to work harder than anybody to try to find a way to put a series out if there is a demand for it," said Ross. "We bring that same mentality to any and everything we can do."

That last statement by Mr. Ross is quite an extraordinary one, and here at TVShowsOnDVD (and with the help of our owners at TVGuide.com), we invite him and CBS DVD to keep in direct touch with Gord and myself to stay further in tune with what is on the minds of fans, and try to brainstorm on ways to make it happen. If they want our help, we would love to provide it!

In the meantime, we know Duckman fans are dancing around the room in celebration of this terrific news, but as stated we do not have a release date yet. It's safe to assume we'll see it in 2008, and we hope to break that news to you just as soon as we can. So stay tuned!

From http://www.videobusiness.com/article/CA6517163.html:

Quote:
Ross hopes to keep satisfying consumer demand through 2008 with the release of Duckman, a cult ’90s animated program. An online petition for the series’ DVD bow has garnered more than 7,000 signatures.

“There has been a level of fan demand for this show for a long time,” said Ross, who declined to specify exact reasons for the DVD release hold-up. “We really had to wrap our brain around figuring a way to do it.”

Exact street date or pricing has not yet been set for Duckman, but it’s possible that multiple seasons will be released within one package next year.

“Our philosophy is that we are TV, so we are going to work harder than anybody to try to find a way to put a series out if there is a demand for it,” said Ross. “We bring that same mentality to any and everything we can do.”

IINK, the best FZ fansite ever, has a list of episodes for which Frank provided music for. 8)

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:59 pm 

holy shit! glad my signature helped :wink:

favorite animated show second to the simpsons (seasons 3-12)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:05 am 

Oh hey! The first two seasons apparently were released in September...
Unfortunately I'm creditcardless and overseas, so I fear I have to ask my pop to help.

Anyone got it yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:03 pm 

Asking for it for xmas. Didn't Dweezil also provide a voice for the show?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:25 pm 

Yes he did. He was the voice of Duckman's oldest son - name escapes me at the moment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:30 am 

Yes i got it the day it came out. glorious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:30 am 

32shortfilms wrote:
Yes he did. He was the voice of Duckman's oldest son - name escapes me at the moment.

Ajax! And he did a pretty good job at it too.
Just wondering: when did the Simpsons start with Ralphie-the-cute-retard? In earlier episodes, Ralph is normal.