Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:37 am 

At Monday's ZPZ show in St. Louis DZ stated that they are indeed currently working on the High Def transfer of Roxy.....

Just thought you'd like to know.....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:44 pm 

Yomama wrote:
At Monday's ZPZ show in St. Louis DZ stated that they are indeed currently working on the High Def transfer of Roxy.....

Just thought you'd like to know.....

Thanks, and that's nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:09 pm 

right, since i don't have hi-def...yet. yet another reason to delay the release. i figured at some time they would be switching to hi-def dvd's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:54 pm 

dove_grey wrote:
right, since i don't have hi-def...yet. yet another reason to delay the release. i figured at some time they would be switching to hi-def dvd's

You probably have plenty of time to upgrade Dove. Or even wait until a new technology comes along.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:11 pm 

ha, ha. oh yeah, i'm sure there'll be something else on the horizon to take over blue ray as well. oh well. save my dimes and dollars, i s'pose. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:09 am 

well, 2 years ago on the concert in switzerland DZ answered me on my questions about the roxy dvd quit the same

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:14 am 

Basel: if I said you'd won the Zappa Forum Scepticism Trophy, would you believe it? :wink:
Good to hear there's actually something on the rails... hope it leads to something...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:58 pm 

BBP wrote:
Basel: if I said you'd won the Zappa Forum Scepticism Trophy, would you believe it? :wink:
Good to hear there's actually something on the rails... hope it leads to something...

It's been on the rails. It's gone around the world at least once.

:wink:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:32 am 

Since it's been forever since I posted, I am lost of when or [/b]IF?the video from those performances on the Roxy will ever be released???

Can
anyonebe more specific?

I've read the comments about Dweezil telling audients that
these performances by my absolute fave live band of Frank's, & i've seen SO MANY!!!!but I never heard exactly wtf he said?!

Lastly. I've been awaiting these release of these historical shows ever since the re-release of the "Baby Snakes" dvd on which it said the dvd(s)of this would [b]be available right away!
but it never happened?

Probably because the "ZFT" wanted to release them on "Hi-Def" but that really makes no sense, as there are millions of Zappa fan's who won't have a 'Hi-Def' tv for a long while, if ever! Because everyone(like me)that has digital cable, won't ever(never say 'ever', because eventually everyone will have to buy a hi def tv!)NEED a 'Hi-Def' tv, so why not release these Great fuckin' performances now, & later also in hi def?????

Also, "TZFT" could be making million's of 'Robert's"(DeNiro-dollars)right now & then make even more when the "Hi-Def' version's are availble! So, why not release em now?

Any specific help from ya'll would be appreciated! Tks, "Cannon's" SM

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:30 am 

blackzoner wrote:
Since it's been forever since I posted, I am lost of when or [/b]IF?the video from those performances on the Roxy will ever be released???

Can
anyonebe more specific?

these performances by my absolute fave live band of Frank's, & i've seen SO MANY!!!!but I never heard exactly wtf he said?!

Lastly. I've been awaiting these release of these historical shows ever since the re-release of the "Baby Snakes" dvd on which it said the dvd(s)of this would [b]be available right away!
but it never happened?

Probably because the "ZFT" wanted to release them on "Hi-Def" but that really makes no sense, as there are millions of Zappa fan's who won't have a 'Hi-Def' tv for a long while, if ever! Because everyone(like me)that has digital cable, won't ever(never say 'ever', because eventually everyone will have to buy a hi def tv!)NEED a 'Hi-Def' tv, so why not release these Great fuckin' performances now, & later also in hi def?????

Also, "TZFT" could be making million's of 'Robert's"(DeNiro-dollars)right now & then make even more when the "Hi-Def' version's are availble! So, why not release em now?

This is what we know for sure: Nothing.

This is when we will find out about the Roxy DVD: Right before it's released.

This is when we will know what's on it: When we get it.

This is how the ZFT operate.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:24 am 

blackzoner wrote:

Can
anyonebe more specific?

but it never happened?

by making a hi-def transfer now, they can downconvert to sd and have an HD one without having to do two transfers. HD tranfers run about 350 dollars an hour. This is for the timing and coloring of the film plus the amoutn of time (in realtime, it takes to lay back onto HD master tapes or drive.) So one hour of footage will be roughly 2.5 - 3 hours transfer. Multiple camera shoot, three nights of concert = a buttload of money. Its best they do it HD right now and get it done so they can release both SD and HD formats.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:54 am 

calvin2hikers wrote:
It's been on the rails. It's gone around the world at least once.

This.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:04 pm 

Jules Verne envisioned going around the world faster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:00 pm 
Banned

I've gone around the world in 50 days.

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:57 pm 

Did you know that "gullible" isn't in the dictionary?

:P