Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2002 8:06 pm
Posts: 1992
Location: Canada
http://www.*SPAM*.com/Movies.aspx?mo ... *SPAM*

_________________
'N then I might just Jump back on An' ride Like a cowboy Into the dawn to Montana


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:13 am
Posts: 1725
Location: FLINT-USA
Jesus,that's really bad,but Issac will probably love it! :wink:

_________________
Image

Ain't It Funky Now...

http://www.facebook.com/lbruister
http://www.last.fm/user/LaMarr_Bruister


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2002 8:06 pm
Posts: 1992
Location: Canada
Yes Gail Sue them hard!!

It is a song on p0ker with extracts from Willie The Pimp and they have put one shot picture of Frank in the video too!

_________________
'N then I might just Jump back on An' ride Like a cowboy Into the dawn to Montana


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:39 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:04 pm
Posts: 2806
Location: Chicago, sort of.
Wow, that's pretty blatant!

_________________
Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 14767
I was afraid to click a link that said p0kertube!

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2002 8:06 pm
Posts: 1992
Location: Canada
calvin2hikers wrote:
I was afraid to click a link that said p0kertube!
Why? u know me i am clean 8)

_________________
'N then I might just Jump back on An' ride Like a cowboy Into the dawn to Montana


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 14767
Zut_boF wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
I was afraid to click a link that said p0kertube!
Why? u know me i am clean 8)


That doesn't mean I would ever pick you.

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:13 am
Posts: 2271
Location: englandia
PlayMoneyKing
''The rap is ok, but the music in the background is shite, too repetitive, bollocks.''

haha, wot a pleb!

_________________
''minimart - it's basically a scaled-down supermarket, fits inside a petrol station. sells pies, antifreeze..''


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:08 am
Posts: 1026
Location: The place where they keep the imaginary diseases
Quote:
"One of the reasons you file a trademark is to protect the works of a person," Gail Zappa told SPIEGEL ONLINE in a telephone interview. "I felt we were getting into territory where we were putting the audience at risk in terms of who Frank was. You become concerned."

"My obligation, which I cannot be relieved of by anyone other than Frank Zappa, is to protect the intent and integrity of his music," she says. "That's my job. I have no choice."


Do you think that she authorized this?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2002 8:06 pm
Posts: 1992
Location: Canada
jabba wrote:
Quote:
"One of the reasons you file a trademark is to protect the works of a person," Gail Zappa told SPIEGEL ONLINE in a telephone interview. "I felt we were getting into territory where we were putting the audience at risk in terms of who Frank was. You become concerned."

"My obligation, which I cannot be relieved of by anyone other than Frank Zappa, is to protect the intent and integrity of his music," she says. "That's my job. I have no choice."


Do you think that she authorized this?
I am sure not

_________________
'N then I might just Jump back on An' ride Like a cowboy Into the dawn to Montana


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:07 am
Posts: 1337
Location: Paris, France
Well I am sure there is worse business going on (see http://www.zappa.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.p ... ht=#384862).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:03 pm
Posts: 6098
Location: Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
I think Pat Sajak has started a lawsuit already.... :wink:

_________________
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 14767
jabba wrote:
Quote:
"One of the reasons you file a trademark is to protect the works of a person," Gail Zappa told SPIEGEL ONLINE in a telephone interview. "I felt we were getting into territory where we were putting the audience at risk in terms of who Frank was. You become concerned."

"My obligation, which I cannot be relieved of by anyone other than Frank Zappa, is to protect the intent and integrity of his music," she says. "That's my job. I have no choice."


Do you think that she authorized this?


Of course she did. My sources tell me that Gail plays 90 hours of online p0ker a week. They also told me that the next president would be Charlie Callas, so take it with a grain of salt.

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:18 pm
Posts: 2951
Location: Between the Badges
calvin2hikers wrote:
jabba wrote:
Quote:
"One of the reasons you file a trademark is to protect the works of a person," Gail Zappa told SPIEGEL ONLINE in a telephone interview. "I felt we were getting into territory where we were putting the audience at risk in terms of who Frank was. You become concerned."

"My obligation, which I cannot be relieved of by anyone other than Frank Zappa, is to protect the intent and integrity of his music," she says. "That's my job. I have no choice."


Do you think that she authorized this?


Of course she did. My sources tell me that Gail plays 90 hours of online p0ker a week. They also told me that the next president would be Charlie Callas, so take it with a grain of salt.

Maybe this should be on your advice page, but maybe you can tell me why I always think of this song when I think of GZ:

Well, when youre sitting there
In your silk upholstered chair
Talking to some rich folks that you know
Well I hope you wont see me
In my ragged company
You know I could never be alone

Take me down little susie (creamcheese), take me down
I know you think youre the queen of the underground
And you can send me dead flowers every morning
Send me dead flowers by the mail
Send me dead flowers to my wedding
And I wont forget to put roses on your grave

Well, when youre sitting back
In your rose pink cadillac
Making bets on kentucky derby day
Ill be in my basement room
With a needle and a spoon
And another girl to take my pain away

Take me down little susie (creamcheese), take me down
I know you think youre the queen of the underground
And you can send me dead flowers every morning
Send me dead flowers by the mail
Send me dead flowers to my wedding
And I wont forget to put roses on your grave

Take me down little susie (creamcheese), take me down
I know you think youre the queen of the underground
And you can send me dead flowers every morning
Send me dead flowers by the us mail
Say it with dead flowers at my wedding
And I wont forget to put roses on your grave
No I wont forget to put roses on your grave

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Don't Be Stupid Unless You Want To


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:26 pm
Posts: 2243
I was wondering when someone would get around to sampling Willie The Pimp. I mean, it's so obvious. I gotta admit I thought it would be Kanye West, especially after he sampled Can.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:16 am 
Offline
Banned
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:25 pm
Posts: 4071
Location: Silver Spring, Maryland
Hey there, Zut_boF, why didn't you send a private email to the litigious Gail Zappa
rather than promoting the video by linking it to a forum consisting of Frank Zappa fans?
:?

Post Script: Who is "Holly"? :mrgreen:

_________________
"If Frank Zappa cut a fart and mixed it to stereo, I'd buy it!" - jimmie d


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2002 8:06 pm
Posts: 1992
Location: Canada
jimmie d killed the forum wrote:
Hey there, Zut_boF, why didn't you send a private email to the litigious Gail Zappa
rather than promoting the video by linking it to a forum consisting of Frank Zappa fans?
:?

Post Script: Who is "Holly"? :mrgreen:
Because i wanted the fans informed too 8)

_________________
'N then I might just Jump back on An' ride Like a cowboy Into the dawn to Montana


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 14767
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
jabba wrote:
Quote:
"One of the reasons you file a trademark is to protect the works of a person," Gail Zappa told SPIEGEL ONLINE in a telephone interview. "I felt we were getting into territory where we were putting the audience at risk in terms of who Frank was. You become concerned."

"My obligation, which I cannot be relieved of by anyone other than Frank Zappa, is to protect the intent and integrity of his music," she says. "That's my job. I have no choice."


Do you think that she authorized this?


Of course she did. My sources tell me that Gail plays 90 hours of online p0ker a week. They also told me that the next president would be Charlie Callas, so take it with a grain of salt.

Maybe this should be on your advice page, but maybe you can tell me why I always think of this song when I think of GZ:

Well, when youre sitting there
In your silk upholstered chair
Talking to some rich folks that you know
Well I hope you wont see me
In my ragged company
You know I could never be alone

Take me down little susie (creamcheese), take me down
I know you think youre the queen of the underground
And you can send me dead flowers every morning
Send me dead flowers by the mail
Send me dead flowers to my wedding
And I wont forget to put roses on your grave

Well, when youre sitting back
In your rose pink cadillac
Making bets on kentucky derby day
Ill be in my basement room
With a needle and a spoon
And another girl to take my pain away

Take me down little susie (creamcheese), take me down
I know you think youre the queen of the underground
And you can send me dead flowers every morning
Send me dead flowers by the mail
Send me dead flowers to my wedding
And I wont forget to put roses on your grave

Take me down little susie (creamcheese), take me down
I know you think youre the queen of the underground
And you can send me dead flowers every morning
Send me dead flowers by the us mail
Say it with dead flowers at my wedding
And I wont forget to put roses on your grave
No I wont forget to put roses on your grave


Because it reminds you of her?

That's the simple answer. The more complex one? Sorry, I'm quite the simpleton.

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:29 pm
Posts: 9570
3rd party check
3rd party check
tryna double up with a 3rd party check

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:58 pm
Posts: 411
Location: along the border line
I like it.

_________________
Image

"Ya like horses?"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:51 am 
Offline
Banned
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:44 pm
Posts: 7813
Location: Underneath Virginia
Looking over this, the song is called "Stu Unger" by the Canadian hip hop group Side C. The group is on an independent label and the video is fan-made. The rap's not bad, but the group doesn't altogether interest me. How do you know that the sample wasn't cleared?

LaMarrBruister wrote:
Jesus,that's really bad,but Issac will probably love it! :wink:


Click me

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

_________________
I want dis little pussy
Baby wants some o' dis
And some o' dat
Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat


Jimmie D Fan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:26 am
Posts: 88
Location: Maryland
Cool sample.

Isaac wrote:
Looking over this, the song is called "Stu Unger" by the Canadian hip hop group Side C. The group is on an independent label and the video is fan-made. The rap's not bad, but the group doesn't altogether interest me. How do you know that the sample wasn't cleared?

LaMarrBruister wrote:
Jesus,that's really bad,but Issac will probably love it! :wink:


Click me

[size=0]Isaac[/size]


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group