It is currently Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: I'm With the Band on HBO
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:48 am 

Zooey Deschanel to play Miss Pamela

Click for link to article

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:01 am 

The following is taken from the comments below the article:

WHile I am thrilled that Zooey is playing me in this show, I do not appreciate the way this article comes across. I didn’t brag, there was no emptiness, and I was NEVER demeaned or discarded by my rock star boyfriend, and I didn’t have affairs with movie stars either. this person has obviously never read “I’m WIth the Band.” And my ex husband Michael Des Barres and myself are also producers in this series,
thanks, Pamela Des Barres

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:27 pm 

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Zooey Deschanel to play Miss Pamela

Click for link to article

Zooey Deschanel is great. I suggest some nude sex scenes to get into the actual spirit.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:34 pm 

Sounds cool, wonder if anyone is gonna play Frank. I haven't read the book yet, but it's on my to do list.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:34 am 

piperian396 wrote:
Sounds cool, wonder if anyone is gonna play Frank. I haven't read the book yet, but it's on my to do list.

It would be funny if they just got Griffin Dunne again.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:04 pm 

madcow1515 wrote:
piperian396 wrote:

It would be funny if they just got Griffin Dunne again.

It's not like he's been in a ton of stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:06 pm 

Hi,

I would rather have Chloe Sevigny play her.

A lot more guts as an actress ...

I happen to like both of those books she wrote, even though the 2nd one is a total pain to find, and the only thing that bothers me about this being filmed is that they are going to make LZ look like cartoon fashionistas with whips and everyone else like a bunch of idiots.

And in the end, there was a lot of good stuff that was also being done, that will be totally ignored ... by people thinking is fun to trash the women and the bands along the way ... it's not enough to have the media put down of those days and age of our peers, but a film like this in the wrong hands, is insulting ... and more and more ... about how bad we were and had nothing going for us. And Pam ... you and I know that is not true ... and I would not have sold it, unless you could have creative control of it ... and I really think that the 2nd book is much better for a movie as it has a sub-plot that the first one did not have ... the Frank Zappa Memorial Rehab Center! ... frequented by so many, including you!

I don't know ... I am not sure that I want to see this ... I would find Pam rolling with someone in bed a lot more interesting than try to see something romanticized and displayed in the wrong light all around.

I can imagine that this is a nice cheque for you Pam ... but ... in the end ... if it were me, I would kill it ... the day you can stand up with all of us and defend that time and place for its very beauty and help us get our place in history as the artists and creative people that we were instead of crazed out maniacs stuck on sex and bullshit for the media to kill our generation even more ... let me know! We have work to do!

And to stay on "board" (and thread) ... even Gail and her work is a serious part of this. A lot of the stuff around Frank centers on lack of respect because of his lyrics and making fun of upper class classico buffons. I can't imagine HBO having any respect for the time and place at all ...

... sorry ... /soapbox off