Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Gail, Thank you.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:57 pm 

Can't express how neat it was to see you on History Detectives. Of course, the aired version was not first pass; but it was eeexcelleeent that you recognized the painting and took them right to the music store. We could see the joy and reminiscence in your eyes.

we miss him too.

Consider a numbered run of prints of that collage?

Regards,

Post subject: Re: Gail, Thank you.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:14 pm 

If any one is interested in seeing it look here. > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0nP3UzQrXQ

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:19 pm 

Thanx MS Zappa for all you do.We do love you in our own twisted way.That's a good thing.You and Frank raised a fine brood too.Now I have a way to prove it's Franks signature on A Zappa Affair program he sighned for me.Great explanation of why FZ signed the way he did.He did get consistant in that mark of his,on my program it's the same! I'll treasure it always.
Thank Joe for all his Vaulmeister work also.Exellent re-releases by all the ZFT crew.Thanx again. :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:58 pm 

A Zappa Affair ? in Berkeley ? Just found out that my dads second cousin played in that group.An orchestra I believe as this person I know played in one. I was talking about Frank Zappa to some friends and family members and was told then. I will try to get some stories as I am going to San Fransisco in November with a few friends and will try and visit with them then.
Never been that far out west so this will be my first trip west past Reno.
I think we will take a train. Any one been on that route ?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:12 pm 

Little_Sally wrote:
A Zappa Affair ? in Berkeley ? Just found out that my dads second cousin played in that group.An orchestra I believe as this person I know played in one. I was talking about Frank Zappa to some friends and family members and was told then. I will try to get some stories as I am going to San Fransisco in November with a few friends and will try and visit with them then.

When you get out west you and your friends should meet up with Kapt. Kiirk in SF. The Kapt. is a very nice man and is a native of "The City". He could give you and your girlfriends a nice tour and show you the sites. I think you guys would get along great. :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:05 am 

KUIII wrote:
Little_Sally wrote:

When you get out west you and your friends should meet up with Kapt. Kiirk in SF. The Kapt. is a very nice man and is a native of "The City". He could give you and your girlfriends a nice tour and show you the sites. I think you guys would get along great. :)

Sure,not a problem.KUIII's right I was born in SF and raised around the bay area.If your on the train,Amtrak,I believe it's the Starlight special that takes you over the Donner Pass route.Very beautiful country,almost as spectacular as Yosemite's Tioga pass is.You'll love it,slime.o.ooftv.lives in SF and is a very nice man too.Maybe we could all hook-up for a visit to The Vapor room and see some of the sights around town after.I do know some great out of the way places to eat in the middle of the city and I'm sure slime knows some places of interest too.If KUIII can make it and it's hot we always got shade! :mrgreen:
I met Plook,before we knew we were on Zappa.com together in SF too! At a Less Claypool concert on NYE of all places and times.(DZpZ opened for LC) I even took a pix of Plook ringing in the New Year on the same outside alcove as me! Things like that happen to me all the time in the SF and Bezerkeley areas.In SF it's the norm to run into folks from all over the world that you know.SF is the worlds cultural billabong,where the hip come to drink and recharge.See ya there or be square. :wink:
BTW: The train goe's right through Davis,so getting there is easy for me.

On another note and on topic,thanx again Gail.Through Zappa.com I've met alot of really cool folks here.Thanx for that,pussycat! :wink: :D