Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:29 pm
Posts: 1983
Location: south midlands, UK
Watching the clips of frank doing (e.g.) muffin man with the blue trousers, and watching frank with pink jumpsuits clicking his fingers.
The blue trousers are way cooler. Was he getting bad advice?
I'm a talentless nobody, before anyone makes that point....
TT

_________________
and I know, I think
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 6:16 am
Posts: 840
Location: Royal Wootton Bassett
Without sounding like a fag the whole sex appeal, bravado and energy seemed at its highest from 76-79. Just look out those concerts, baby snakes and much more. He swaggers around the stage like a true rock n' roll god. Slim, shirt off, hair down and just making his guitar scream like it's his fucking bitch.
My wife loves those videos, but she thinks he's sexy anyway.
BANG all of a sudden he is always covered up and standing on the same part of the stage for most part of the show, often conducting.
Maybe it's because he hit 40.
Saying that he seemed to have so much energy, stage presence and humor again in '84.

_________________
Image

Trendmonger wrote:
...and but also


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 4:25 am
Posts: 3473
Location: SANTA MARIA,CA USA
He may have also been experiencing some of the early onset of his prostate cancer as well.....from what FZ had said, it started from around '79- '83ish, but went undiagnosed until '89 or '90. I've seen backstage pics of him with cranberry juice (helps to wash out the system, maybe helping the prostate.) around this time, especially near the end of Baby Snakes. I'm with you about the way he used to prowl the stage up until the early 80's. Sad.

_________________
One two, buckle my shoe!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:40 pm
Posts: 6984
Location: South wales
dove_grey wrote:
He may have also been experiencing some of the early onset of his prostate cancer as well.....from what FZ had said, it started from around '79- '83ish, but went undiagnosed until '89 or '90. I've seen backstage pics of him with cranberry juice (helps to wash out the system, maybe helping the prostate.) around this time, especially near the end of Baby Snakes. I'm with you about the way he used to prowl the stage up until the early 80's. Sad.
That ain't making no sense.He drank Cranberry juice on the end of Bay Snakes 1977 to help with(against) prostate he never knew he had.

_________________
Arf you out of your fucking mind.Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 6:16 am
Posts: 840
Location: Royal Wootton Bassett
I thought he was drinking it because he had urinary problems for a long time.

_________________
Image

Trendmonger wrote:
...and but also


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:20 am
Posts: 1063
Location: In a drum
His best showman times were with the Flo & Eddie band. Frank, Mark and Howard were awesome together (so happy together! :mrgreen: )

_________________
Beautiful! God, it's God, I see God!.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 6:16 am
Posts: 840
Location: Royal Wootton Bassett
wakawazooinregalia' wrote:
His best showman times were with the Flo & Eddie band. Frank, Mark and Howard were awesome together (so happy together! :mrgreen: )


It's really fuckin' great to be alive!

_________________
Image

Trendmonger wrote:
...and but also


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:20 am
Posts: 1063
Location: In a drum
NuclearProstate wrote:
wakawazooinregalia' wrote:
His best showman times were with the Flo & Eddie band. Frank, Mark and Howard were awesome together (so happy together! :mrgreen: )


It's really fuckin' great to be alive!

And with the Mud Shark secret word comes the Mud Shark arpeggio! A marvellous little arpeggio, and now the ritual dance of the young male mud shark!

_________________
Beautiful! God, it's God, I see God!.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group