Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Sick of clay
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 5:18 pm 

I think Frank went crazy with strobing between two different videos WAY too much in some of his various video releases. That stuff doesn't hold up to repeated viewing for me. That's one of the only practices he did that I just didn't like.<br><br>It would be best for the upcoming DVD of The Dub Room Special to include the "un-fucked with" version of the concert in addition to the original version.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 10:51 pm 

Quote:
anyone willing to agree?
<br><br><br>Yes.<br><br><br>I'll watch 'The Amazing Mr. Bickford' if I want to see claymation... having the same footage in other videos just exercises my fast forward button.<br><br><br>Course I also fast forward through all the backstage stupidity on 'Baby Snakes' too.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 7:55 pm 

it's too bad you can't watch a clay-free version...i agree the pop-ups detract from the artisry

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 3:04 pm 

I could handle the pop-ups without the "popping" audio.  The animations screw-up the "live band" visual, which I could live with if I could hear the music, but the gurgling sounds screw-up the music.  I'll agree.  But I must admit I was very impressed with the claymation the first time I watched Dub Room oh so long ago.  <br><br>I wonder if Frank did it intentionally to "mask" an Inca solo that he didn't like (since the OSFA [hey, that's a Sofa anagram] Inca had the Helsinki solo)??????????<br><br>VCF

Revel in your otherness. MK

STILL pissed at Tipper. VCF

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 3:40 pm 

I both agree and disagree. I agree that I would rather watch the full live concert, but it is a "Dub Room Special"<br>So If it wasn't it would be "Zappa live in ......."<br>actually i think the claymation goes with the music in a twisted way. obviously that's the way Frank wanted it.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 8:17 pm 

[quote author=white person link=board=tv-film;num=1051928908;start=0#7 date=05/05/03 at 18:43:01][center][font=arial]Piece o' cake,....<br><br>....not to mention the 21st C. Schizzy Man multi-era-live mix feature!<br>Just release it, ZFT!...[/font][/center][/quote]<br><br>i had to read that twice, so i checked the p.r. & it says: [tt]choose to hear "21st Century Schizoid Man" as played by an impossible combination of King Crimson members past and present[/tt]...<br><br><br>pretty slick indeed, it's like you get to mix it down anyway you want (i think that's what it's saying you can do) ....what if/what if/what/what if/what if/what if/what if you could do that with some fz tracks, it's like re-writing history almost....w.person, thanks mucho for that  :)<br>