Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:33 pm 

I just caught the very end of it, I came in and said, Hey, that's Ahmet, and then it was over.<br><br>Later on, on Letterman, after he finished reading tonights Top Ten List, the band played what sounded like Willie The Pimp.<br><br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 2:12 pm 

I saw Ahmet hosting somne fighting robots show a while back.  He was funny as hell on it, but I think it was cancelled. <br><br>I REALLY hate those singer talent programs almost as much as I dislike Arsenio, but I'ma justa gonna hafta checka ita outa.<br><br>VCF

Revel in your otherness. MK

STILL pissed at Tipper. VCF

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 5:38 pm 

I KNOW!<br>I posted about this under FZ & OZ on tv.<br>I HATE the show but I end up watching it to see AZ.<br>

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 12:22 am 

Have not seen the show. I avoid these reality shows like the plague. Having said that, I may tune it in just to get  a dose of the Zappa wit

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 6:12 am 

I saw Star search that night, only because Amhet was on it.  <br><br>One time I swear I heard Paul Schaffer's CBS orchestra play Trouble Everyday, on Letterman before.  The Willie the Pimp cover wouldn't suprise me at all.  <br><br>Arsineo is funny as hell, Star Search sucks pretty bad tho.  I loved him in Coming to America with Eddie Murphy, its a classic.<br><br>

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 6:29 am 

Image<br><br>HIT ME WITH THE DIGITS!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 5:18 pm 

Yeah, bad career move on all their parts.  I mean Ben Stein was in Ferris Bulers Day Off, for frig sakes!  <br><br>Arsenio is just to damn funny.  <br><br>Comeing to America, when Arsenio & Eddie are the barbers.  They're argueing about Mohamid Ali \ Cashus Clay.<br><br>Damn I get a kick out of that bit.<br><br>

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 5:46 pm 

Sorta watching it right now--background noise while I'm online. Except when it's his time to vote--what a freakin' funny guy!!! Takes after his Papa  ;D ;D ;D ;D

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 11:56 am 

OH NO!!<br>Star Search is over. So NOW how will I get a dose of AZ?!<br>HUH?!<br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 7:35 pm 

Hmmm...does anybody know how to get on Star Search?  And...do you think they'd let me wear a "www.zappa.com" t-shirt if I do get on?   ;)<br><br>Gypsy Moon Dream<br><br>PS -- *predicting what Ahmet would say*  "Well...you're breathing and I understood every word you sang so...I give you one star...just for the shirt."   ;D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:58 am 
[quote author=GypsyDream link=board=tv-film;num=1050553270;start=0#13 date=06/03/03 at 22:35:34]Hmmm...does anybody know how to get on Star Search?  And...do you think they'd let me wear a "www.zappa.com" t-shirt if I do get on?   ;)<br><br>Gypsy Moon Dream<br><br>PS -- *predicting what Ahmet would say*  "Well...you're breathing and I understood every word you sang so...I give you one star...just for the shirt."   ;D[/quote]<br><br>   GMD !!!<br>  Judging from what I've seen from the show,Breathing and wearing a shirt are all you need to get on the show... :)<br><br>   barnie...8)<br>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 6:48 pm 

[quote author=bcarney link=board=tv-film;num=1050553270;start=0#14 date=06/04/03 at 05:58:16]Judging from what I've seen from the show,Breathing and wearing a shirt are all you need to get on the show... :)[/quote]<br><br>I am the "Karaoke Queen" of New Jersey!   ;)<br><br>Gypsy Moon Dream<br><br>PS -- Just a little tid-bit...I sang "Karaoke" before it was invented.  *giggle*  When I was little, I used to occasionally flip to the "Muzak" (remember the so-called "elevator music" which would have a violin or sax instead of the singer's voice?) radio station and sing along!  *hee-hee*   ;D  Hey!  I love to sing...I need to sing!   :)