The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Roxy DVD?
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 8:16 pm 

Don't hold your breath.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 4:00 am 

Yes, what's up with that one...<br><br>I mean, I don't wanna complain about the Zappa Family Trust, but why is everything taking them so long...???<br><br>It's a shame that NON of the major record companies want to put some money into putting out and promoting some new FZ material, dvd's, video's, cd's and what else...because that's what the Zappa's always had to do without...financial and promotional help from a company that believed in them and wanted to risk some money in them...<br><br><br>It seems now that the only money they have is from people like us, and that's not a good basic for a self-sustaining company...no matter how faithfull the FANS are...<br><br>They have those massive FZ archives and it's all just laying there, gathering dust....This has been said before, i know, but don't the ZFT realise what kind of goldmine they LITERALLY live on ???<br><br>It's all there, just clean some of the tapes up, burn it on to a CD and put it out...I don't even care if there's a nice digipack cover or 52 booklet to go with it...<br><br>To ''quote'' Led Zeppelin: I would even buy it if it we're wrapped in brown paper bag...<br><br>You could also put the cover art of future releases onto the Zappa site for everyone to download, so that they don't have to produce all those expensive booklets, just a little protection for the disc, for it's long way to it's new owner, that's all...

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 3:09 pm 

I guess the main reason the Roxy movie hasn't been released either in the theaters or DVD would be... It's historical value. It's more famous unreleased?!? It's one of Zappas funkiest bands, however I hope the movie is  not filled with talking comedy!!<br><br>Baby Snakes will most likely be released on DVD first. I hope they re-edit the movie to put more music in, the long version of the video is almost painful to sit through. I love Roy, but why must we see Roy for long unfunny lengths of time?<br><br>I would like to see all the old videos released on DVD, but I would also like to see unreleased vault material!!!!! <br><br>Frank has been dead for 10 years now PLEASE RELEASE SOME DVDS BEFORE ALL THE FAITHFUL ARE DEAD (or to broke to care)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)<br><br>Mr. Chungas<br>

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:46 pm 

[quote author=Mr.Chungas link=board=tv-film;num=1052371288;start=0#3 date=05/09/03 at 18:09:44]...<br>Baby Snakes will most likely be released on DVD first. I hope they re-edit the movie to put more music in, the long version of the video is almost painful to sit through. I love Roy, but why must we see Roy for long unfunny lengths of time?<br>...[/quote]<br><br>Mr. Chunga, have you heard anything WRT Baby Snakes being released on DVD?<br><br>I've been pining for this for years now.<br><br>Anyone know news about Baby Snakes?<br><br>Cheers, <br>-pet<br><br>

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 5:05 pm 

[quote author=HeavyPet link=board=tv-film;num=1052371288;start=0#4 date=10/27/03 at 18:46:48]<br><br>Mr. Chunga, have you heard anything WRT Baby Snakes being released on DVD?<br><br>I've been pining for this for years now.<br><br>Anyone know news about Baby Snakes?<br><br>Cheers, <br>-pet<br><br>[/quote]<br><br><br>Please, all, feel free to apply your Genuine Python BOOTS to my p3tulant, succulent r3ctus for the crime of posting WAY TOO SOON!  Mea culpa.<br><br>I just saw the What's New page, which would seem to Indicate that The Snakes DVD is on the way, for some definition of on the way.<br><br>Apologies, and carry on goodfolk!<br><br>-pet<br>  <br><br>              ( | )<br><br>               ^kick here.  ;)<br><br>