Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:19 pm 

Alright, now this one's a little weird, but your opinions would be MUCH appreciated.....<br>I watched the movie Oh Brother Where art thou a while ago, like when it came out, so why I'm thinking of this now I don't know, but it's been bothering me forever. <br>Now the dialect in this movie is rather similar to the Thing-fish dialect, not a big coinicidence, but some things I heard sounded so similar, so throughout the movie, naturally I was thinking of Thing-fish, now about halfway through the movie, in a scene where they are riding in the back of a truck, and happen to be driving by their old chain gang.   For a second as they drive by, you can see the backof a  huge potato head with what looks like the tip of a duck bill peeking out.  I rewound it many times and paused it and pondered.   Is it so strange?    Does anyone have this movie and care to check out what I'm talking about?   for anyone who hasn't seen it, it is also a really good movie worth your attention regardless...  but...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:37 pm 

Good one. Did anyone see Miller's Crossing? It was good, but not as many people remember it. How about Barton Fink? Crazy ass movie...loved it, I was trying to recall the name of it, and all I could think of was Barney Fife  ;D ;D THAT would've been something. Raising Arizona was just on the tube the other night... I loooove that yodelling at the beginning of the movie. Once again, I nominate (for the millionth time) John Torturro to play Frank Zappa if they ever do the biopic. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:16 am 

I realize the connections between Amos n andy and the south and such, I was just trying to state that it already had put a thingfish spin into my mind, and then that fleeting image.....  Please somebody reaffirm this for I feel insane!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:04 pm 

<br><br><br>Is that the one where I bought a minivan!?<br>Image[/center]<br>[/quote]<br>