Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: zappa dvds
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 4:40 am 

People. Let's release zappa dvds. There isn't on the market to buy!!!

Post subject: Re: zappa dvds
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 6:17 am 

Location: 13th Floor Elevator, Enron Hubbard Bldg. Deep in the Heart of (Houston) Texas
<br>[quote author=son_of_green_genes link=board=tv-film&num=1033573200&start=0#0 date=10/02/02 at 07:40:00]<br>People. Let's release zappa dvds. There isn't on the market to buy!!!<br>[/quote]<br><br>Not *authorized* ones, at least. More's the pity. It pisses me off to see Pirates selling burned DVDs of the old videos on E-Bay. I'd MUCH rather give the money to Gail & the Family Trust for legitimate product. I only hope that when they finally DO, they'll reward us fans by giving us lotsa extra features (assuming that outtakes, interviews, etc. actually exist--in more than a few cases, such as 200 Motels, the unused footage was destroyed). I personally am somewhat frustrated by the appearant  slowness of product rerelease, but I can only assume that the market isn't exactly beating down a path to the Zappa's door to get this stuff rereleased. :o

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 7:38 am 

Location: Wandering aimlessly through the American wasteland...
<br>[quote author=MaxPower link=board=tv-film&num=1033573200&start=0#2 date=10/02/02 at 10:26:27]<br>I don't want to sound like a butthole but The Residents released Icky Flix. A dvd of music video and  I doubt there was a huge demand for it. I dont understand why there isn't any Zappa dvds, I'm sure there is more demand for Zappa than The Residents.<br>[/quote]<br>I hope to be getting Icky Flix any day now from Djangos!  And I just discovered that the tray that I thought was a drool collector turns out to be a DVD player.  Happy-happy, joy-joy!<br><br>Go to the Firesign Theatre web site and see what those 4 or 5 crazy guys have been up to.  Release City!<br><br>Pass the napkins, please.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 8:18 am 

The easiest/fastest thing the FZT could do, would be to just release the old Honker Home Videos on DVD. Remastering the old soundtracks is just a matter of EQ (no mixing involved). However, I'm sure the fan base would complain that the same old material was being sold to them again! Please give the FZT time to create a special product with new extra bonus material!!!<br><br>If 'product volume' is a problem, I would suggest that all future CD/DVD's be produced in an individually numbered run of 1000 or 2000. That way all items could sell out faster, be collector items, and prevent counterfeiting, not to mention  satisfy the fans.<br><br>When Honker Home Video was started, I thought that was the wave of the future. Too bad FZ didn't complete more videos during his lifetime (if he did please release them). He must have filmed something!?! What about a Guitar DVD? There are many bootlegged Zappa videos on the market, including all of the Honker stuff & complete live concerts, please release something soon and make some money!!<br><br>FZ DVD's would be the best!<br>Mr. Chungas

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 5:42 pm 

I bought all the videos when they were released by Honker and I will buy ANY DVD that is released through the Zappa Trust.   :P<br><br>P.S. I wouldn't give a piece of confinement loaf for the bootleg/pirate DVD/VCD's off Ebay  :'(

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 2:51 pm 

Yeah definitely !!!<br><br>As I own only up to half of Frank´s video-stuff, I´d buy ANY DVD that the ZFT will release !!! <br>But I ONLY want it to be an OFFICIAL product for then I know I´ll really get SOMETHING !!!<br>Hopefully they started remixing, remastering and cutting and whatever some years ago - I want some DVD-material asap, for my VHS-tapes tend to wear out ... but I just can´t stop watching "Does humor belong in music" and "200 Motels" ... and I really DO want to see the other stuff sometime !!!!<br><br>PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!  :'(  :'(

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:24 am 
Banned

[quote author=Peaches En Regalia link=board=tv-film;num=1033573200;start=0#10 date=07/06/04 at 09:04:25]200 Motels is supposed to be on DVD[/quote]<br><br>Not yet. It was mentioned as a possible future release.<br><br>With the ZFT, you never know what they'll release next.<br>They're unpredictable.<br><br>Example: we never saw Joe's Corsage coming, now did we?

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:25 am 

Baby Snakes is enough for me- for the time being. And of course Does Humor Belong in Music!