Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 1:32 pm 

Shut up and Play Yer Guitar! Was Playing from my VW Bus up on the mountain above Thousand Oaks.<br>It was 1987 and  budweiser for days and weeks (nuthin unusual back then),  Jeff and Alex gave me a whole handfull of mushrooms and I ate them all because I was hungry. It was night. <br>The sky kept clouding over blocking the moon with my negative thoughts, and then it became crystal clear with millions of stars, when I thought positively -when I had hope, and life had meaning, the sky cleared up but, when I thought sarcastically, sadly, or doubtful, it clouded up again. This was a tremendous beautiful druggy experience. [weird]. I remember coming out of the womb now because as I vomited the schrooms I recalled the birthing experience and how I puked my lungs clear so I could breath.<br>But, FZ played on and the music was/is sooo excellent!<br>Later alex copied a cassette tape from his "shut up" record albums. I still listen to that today and once even flew over decker canyon listening to it when waldo wouldn't light my ciggarette for me and we crashed over a cliff. And I was listeneing to it as I crashed down Sycamore Canyon into a ravine going thru the windshield of my volkswagon rabbit -nobody hurt music still playing... playing in my mind even still.<br>Thanks for letting me post this here.<br>Uncle Ned<br>It's almost 2003! Yay!<br>clean & soba now! Yay!<br><br><br>You think we can teach the general public to appreciate Frank? or, is he, like me.. too [weird]?<br><br><br>

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 4:25 pm 

[move]Keep on listening dude! And take good care of yourself![/move]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:01 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:54 pm 

[quote author=MentalTossFlycoon link=board=tv-film;num=1041291151;start=0#3 date=07/27/04 at 01:22:53]ACK!!!<br><br>I'm having Flashbacks.[/quote]<br><br>Wooowwww !!! Did yer see the traces on them lights ?! I've only had a soup too........<br>Image<br> :o<br>

Post subject: re: the shroomery
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:15 pm 

[center]check out this forum..... <br><br>over 20,000 registered users, almost one million posts about:[/center]<br><br>[center][font=arial black]magic mushrooms <--[/font][/center]<br><br>

Post subject: re: the shroomery
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:52 pm 

[quote author=Batchain115 link=board=tv-film;num=1041291151;start=0#7 date=08/15/04 at 06:41:47]....Sorry, Slime. No 'shrooms. ...[/quote]<br>it's back...they musta been having a level 5 trip & lost touch with their own egos<br><br>dosage calculator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:14 pm 

[quote author=Ned_Baxter link=board=tv-film;num=1041291151;start=0#0 date=12/30/02 at 15:32:30]Shut up and Play Yer Guitar! Was Playing from my VW Bus up on the mountain above Thousand Oaks.<br>It was 1987 and  budweiser for days and weeks (nuthin unusual back then),  Jeff and Alex gave me a whole handfull of mushrooms and I ate them all because I was hungry. It was night. <br>The sky kept clouding over blocking the moon with my negative thoughts, and then it became crystal clear with millions of stars, when I thought positively -when I had hope, and life had meaning, the sky cleared up but, when I thought sarcastically, sadly, or doubtful, it clouded up again. This was a tremendous beautiful druggy experience. [weird]. I remember coming out of the womb now because as I vomited the schrooms I recalled the birthing experience and how I puked my lungs clear so I could breath.<br>But, FZ played on and the music was/is sooo excellent!<br>Later alex copied a cassette tape from his "shut up" record albums. I still listen to that today and once even flew over decker canyon listening to it when waldo wouldn't light my ciggarette for me and we crashed over a cliff. And I was listeneing to it as I crashed down Sycamore Canyon into a ravine going thru the windshield of my volkswagon rabbit -nobody hurt music still playing... playing in my mind even still.<br>Thanks for letting me post this here.<br>Uncle Ned<br>It's almost 2003! Yay!<br>clean & soba now! Yay!<br><br><br>You think we can teach the general public to appreciate Frank? or, is he, like me.. too [weird]?<br><br><br>[/quote]<br>this is the best post ever.  and to think i almost missed it.  thanx fer diggin er up.   8)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:45 pm 

I found this topic interesting...(click me)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:04 pm 

[quote author=ERASERHEAD link=board=tv-film;num=1041291151;start=0#11 date=08/28/04 at 01:45:41]I found this topic interesting...(click me)[/quote]<br>yea, i read thru a few of their threads and it shows up a few times....you know you've been on a level 5 trip when you experience total loss of ego...shut up would be a very appropriate choice<br><br>zappa reference here -->[sub] Image[/sub] psilly simon's mushroom growin' guide 2 [sub]Image[/sub]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:34 am 

That sounds really rough Bat! I suffered from them in school (late 70's) and I was never prescirbed anything or didn't have  a good sense of what I was going through. I'd be in school and would just feel the need of wanting to be out of the building. I missed a lot of school and ended up not graduating - if only I had know that there might have been some help, I might have been able to stick it out.<br><br>

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:50 pm 

[center]Bat, thanks for providing yet another good read! I enjoy such stories because they always give me some form of releif when it's happening to me!!! Turning 17 last  week, I fiure I'm at the height of my experimental stage (actually, all this stage of my life has brought me is alcohol, and thats only on occasion, and pot). The reason I say "height" is because I'm currently enjoying smoking it 5-6 days a week, instead of just on weekends like I use to. <br>But, although I'm enjoying it, I have hit the realisation that I need to stop it sooner or later, as I know alot of people who very much so abuse it as way of releif. And they are FUCKED UP!  <br><br> ;D ;D<br><br>Anyway, I'm gettin' off point. I have suffered many attacks during my smoking stage, many. I have had times where my heart beats so hard you can see my clothes, not just my shirt, but my pants too, moving from the force of my heart-beat, and I just mentaly decay. I can't think of anything but "Shit, I'm gonna die. This is it. I'm through". I feel like my heart will just burst at any second. Fear sweeps over me. fear often SMASHES me when I smoke pot. Not paranoia, I'm not fearing something "might" happen, I convince myself it is happening. In other words, I scare myself shitless.<br><br>But when these attacks occur, I often think of these types of stories people tell, and it helps me calm down a bit, or beat it off alltogether.<br><br> ;D[/center]