Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Ren & Stimpy DVD - 10/12
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:13 am 

It looks like the first two seasons of Ren & Stimpy are finally going to be available on DVD on 10/12!  <br><br>They even mention FZ in the synopsis on Amazon.com, except they misspell his name as "Frank Zapper".<br><br>For anyone who hasn't seen the episode where FZ plays The Pope, you should check these discs out.<br><br>-Klaatu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:18 am 

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaho!!!<br>It's about mother fucking time!!!<br><br>Image<br><br>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:47 pm 
Banned

This set is a MUST HAVE for anyone with a sense of humor. 8)

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Last edited by Isaac on Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:00 am 

Praise the lord, for he has brought us Ren and Stimpy uncensored on DVD!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:29 am 

[quote author=Klaatu link=board=tv-film;num=1096560804;start=0#0 date=09/30/04 at 09:13:24]<br>They even mention FZ in the synopsis on Amazon.com, except they misspell his name as "Frank Zapper".[/quote]<br>That's how they pronounce it in some parts of England!  ;D<br>

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:01 am 

[quote author=jaypfunk link=board=tv-film;num=1096560804;start=0#1 date=09/30/04 at 09:18:26]Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaho!!!<br>It's about mother fucking time!!!<br><br>Image<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>Yes, it is...<br><br>But, once again it seems as if no-one is taking in consideration the handfull of Dutch Ren and Stimpy fans who would LOVE to have this !!!<br><br>I am one of those and have been looking on Amazon.com, but they say the DVD will only play in the US or Canada... :'(<br><br>Can it be this box will not be released in Europe ?<br><br>I live in Holland and seriously need this box, how and where do i get it ???<br><br>I don't have a credit card, so...<br><br>If you can help, e-mail me at=<br>musicisthebest2112@hotmail.com<br><br>Thanx, Abby<br>

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:21 am 

Won't a multi-region dvd player be able to handle it? Mine cost £30 from the supermarket and plays virtually anything....(except things in fuckin' quad 5.1 cos I've only got 2 speakers)<br><br>PS - where ya been Ab ?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:46 am 

[quote author=BBSNX link=board=tv-film;num=1096560804;start=0#7 date=10/11/04 at 05:21:29]Won't a multi-region dvd player be able to handle it? Mine cost £30 from the supermarket and plays virtually anything....(except things in fuckin' quad 5.1 cos I've only got 2 speakers)<br><br>PS - where ya been Ab ?[/quote]<br><br>Thanx for the tip, i'll go out and have a look for one of those...<br><br>PS-where have I been ?<br><br>I've been in Southern France for 6 months...<br>From the 1st of april until the 30th of september.<br>I came back in Amsterdam the 2nd of october and hadn't been on The Forum for 6 months, i did occasionaly have a quick look, but didn't log in.<br><br>I have been working on a campsite, as a courier, in the Ardeche Region. A great experience and i had lots of fun and beautiful weather. The only unfortunate thing is that i had to miss out on the RUSH concert the 1st of october in Rotterdam...<br><br>So the first thing that i did when i came back is go to a record store and buy the Rush In Rio 3cd set AND the Rush In Rio DVD !!! What a show, and Neil Peart can kick Terry Bozzio's ass anytime...<br><br>Man, that guy can play drums, unbelievable !!!<br><br>Today i've spend a day searching for a copy of Bob Dylans Biography ''Chronicles 1''...<br>Result=it's sold out everywhere...<br><br>Almost bought Jenna Jameson's new biography instead... ;D<br><br>Abby<br>

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:38 am 

[quote author=AbnucealEmukaah83 link=board=tv-film;num=1096560804;start=0#8 date=10/12/04 at 04:46:06]<br><br>I've been in Southern France for 6 months...<br>Neil Peart can kick Terry Bozzio's ass anytime...<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>ARE YOU OUTTA YOUR FUCKING MIND??<br>That French air must be rotting your fucking brains. Peart has been playing the same old fucking boring shit for the last 25 years.<br>Terry is a fucking drumset innovator! Terry single-handedly turned the drumset into a solo instrument.<br>Peart is boring and stiff! And in his early days all he did was try and cop most of Cobham's fill anyway.<br>Terry rules!! Always has. Watch Baby Snakes again to remind yourself! Or listen to Crusin' For Burgers on Zappa In New York. Peart could never play like that!!<br><br>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:19 am 
Banned

Klaatu wrote:
They even mention FZ in the synopsis on Amazon.com, except they misspell his name as "Frank Zapper".

It has been corrected. The synopsis now reads:

"Join Ren and Stimpy in their bizarre and gross world that features the oddly lovable duo in some outlandish situations coupled with hilarious jokes. THE REN AND STIMPY: THE COMPLETE FIRST AND SECOND SEASONS - UNCUT feature the guest voice of music star Frank Zappa and consist of amusing episodes combined with the gross-out humor that became popular when the show first premiered on Nickelodeon in 1991."

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Last edited by Isaac on Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:14 pm 

[quote author=Klaatu link=board=tv-film;num=1096560804;start=0#0 date=09/30/04 at 09:13:24]They even mention FZ in the synopsis on Amazon.com, except they misspell his name as "Frank Zapper".<br>[/quote]<br><br>"This is a song which tells the story of making the album. It also concerns Frank Zapper and the Mothers."<br>David Coverdale with Deep Purple introducing Smoke On The Water

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:37 am 

[quote author=Disco Boy link=board=tv-film;num=1096560804;start=0#13 date=10/13/04 at 03:04:12]<br><br>You keep referring to the "early stuff". What, have you been living under a rock for the past twenty years? Neil Peart can play anything Terry Bozzio can play and vise versa. It's just that since you have your head up your ass, you can't see that. Cruisin' For Burgers isn't the best example you could give to fully express what you're trying to establish. It's a pretty straight forward song. Many drummers could easily tackle that. You're obviously not that great of a drummer (no offense) if you think that. Not to mention that you couldn't hold a candle to Neil's ass, Johnny...<br>[/quote]<br><br>Well... you ubertard....<br>All I am saying is that I am just not that much into Neil's playing. I always thought he was good from like 1975-1980. But his style just got old to me and I thought it was too stiff on the 80s and 90s stuff. He's a fucking robot. Neil solos are flat out fucking boring and nowwhere as inventive as Bozzio's. All Neil does is use a bunch of stupid electronics and percussion loops and then plays over them. WHOOPIE!! Terry can amke himself sound like 5 drummers with no electronics. And Neil rubbed that same YYZ thing for toooooooooo long too. <br>As for Cruisin' For Burgers on ZINY.... I was refering more to the WAY Terry plays it. The way he can go from a whisper to flat out madness... very stylish.<br>Every hear the album Terry did with The Brecker Bros. called "Heavy Metal Bebop"?? Check it out sometime. Neil Peart wishes he has chops like that!!<br><br><br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:49 am 

The famous Zappa (as the Pope) episode: Powdered Toast Man<br><br>Image<br><br>Image<br><br>Image<br><br>Image

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:56 pm 

Neil Peart is a good drummer. But c'mon, compared to Cobham, Vinnie, Terry, Narada Michael Walden & Tony Williams, he looks more like a decomposing corps trying to claw his way out of a coffin.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:09 am 

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but is'nt this a Ren & Stimpy thread? If ya wanna bitch about Terry VS. Neil, make a new thread. Oh stiiiiiinky!

Post subject: Re: Neil Vs. Terry
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:28 am 

[quote author=dove_grey link=board=tv-film;num=1096560804;start=15#18 date=10/14/04 at 05:09:44]Forgive me if I'm wrong, but is'nt this a Ren & Stimpy thread?[/quote]<br>Your forgiven.  ;)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:59 pm 

Neil is great. But could he play The Black Page? Keep It Greasy? On the other hand, Bozzio and Coluita aren't near the songwriters that Peart is.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:20 pm 

[quote author=Disco Boy link=board=tv-film;num=1096560804;start=15#20 date=10/15/04 at 14:42:54]Grow a brain.[/quote]<br>Its funny how YOU got upset although I was talking about Neil.  ::)<br><br><br><br><br><br>[right]. lob face .[/right]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:19 pm 

[center][table][tr][td]kick bozzios ass  ??? ...<br>he couldn't come close to t's chops on <br>purple fucking lagoon, <br>torture &ocean i.t.u. solution<br>[/td][/tr][/table]<br><br><br><br>[move][font=arial black]neil thought he was a man, but he was a muffin[/font][/move]<br>[/center]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:27 pm 

[quote author=slime.oofytv.set link=board=tv-film;num=1096560804;start=15#23 date=10/15/04 at 20:19:33][center][table][tr][td]kick bozzios ass  ??? ...<br>he couldn't come close to t's chops on <br>purple fucking lagoon, <br>torture &ocean i.t.u. solution<br>[/td][/tr][/table]<br><br><br><br>[move][font=arial black]neil thought he was a man, but he was a muffin[/font][/move]<br>[/center][/quote]<br>No argument there.