Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:47 pm 

Does anyone know if there are any Zappa concert performances on VIDEO or DVD that include drummer Vinnie Colaiuta?<br><br>

"Hey, does anybody here know where Palmdale is? Ya do! Good"!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:53 pm 

[quote author=LeighWales link=board=tv-film;num=1102326468;start=0#0 date=12/06/04 at 01:47:48]Does anyone know if there are any Zappa concert performances on VIDEO or DVD that include drummer Vinnie Colaiuta?<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>Yep! There is this wonderful video documentary by German tv called "WE DON'T MESS AROUND" It was a  live concert without audience in the circus Krone tent in 1978 Munich.<br>German TV<br>60 min, NTSC, A-/A and 60 min, PAL, A/A (1st gen)<br>Dates reported: February 2nd, July 1st, and August 1978.<br><br><br>And of course the Saturday Night Live performance of 1978. (Dancing Fool video is available on the Halloween 1978 dvd audio, also video footage on that of Suicide Chump Halloween 1978 )<br><br>Saturday Nigth live 1978<br>[table][tr][td]Image<br>[/td][td]Image[/td][/tr][/table]<br>We don't mess around<br>Image

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:00 pm 

This sounds EXACTLY like a question I would ask. 8)<br><br>On the "Halloween" DVD-A there is a video clip of the band performing Suicide Chump and I'm pretty sure it's Vinnie, but I don't think they ever actually show him (can't remember).<br><br>Vinnie and the band do a great "call and response" kinda thingy with John Belushi as the Samauri on Rollo on the SNL thing.<br><br>I've never seen that Circus program.   :(<br><br>VCF

Revel in your otherness. MK

STILL pissed at Tipper. VCF

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:23 pm 

I have looked up some reviews of the Halloween DVD and they all show Vinnie as the drummer for the whole thing. Yet the replies I have received suggest he is only on there for two tracks. <br><br>for example here:<br>http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/classicpop/reviews/frankzappa_halloween.shtml<br><br>and here:<br>http://www.audiorevolution.com/music/revs/frankzappa.shtml<br><br>Thanks to everyone for the replies.

"Hey, does anybody here know where Palmdale is? Ya do! Good"!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:19 am 

[quote author=Sebastiaan link=board=tv-film;num=1102326468;start=0#5 date=12/07/04 at 01:27:58]For more Vinnie on film check ... 'We don't mess around'. Great stuff!  <br>[/quote]<br><br>Especially "Seal-Call Fusion Music" and "Dead Air/I'm on Duty". ;D "We Don't Mess Around" was actually a rehearsal for a show that a German TV station taped. The audio was also released as parts of the Beat the Boots release "At the Circus". All-in-all, it's a must have, especially if you want to see Frank playing the accordion. ;D<br>

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:16 pm 

[quote author=Billy link=board=tv-film;num=1102326468;start=0#6 date=12/07/04 at 10:19:25]<br><br>Especially "Seal-Call Fusion Music" and "Dead Air/I'm on Duty". ;D "We Don't Mess Around" was actually a rehearsal for a show that a German TV station taped. The audio was also released as parts of the Beat the Boots release "At the Circus". All-in-all, it's a must have, especially if you want to see Frank playing the accordion. ;D<br>[/quote]<br><br>...and most important the way the air smells that comes thru the holes of the accordion...<br><br>...Mauricio Kagel eat your heart out... ;D<br><br>Image<br>