Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: DVD-R issues
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:58 am 

[quote author=Pengui11 link=board=tv-film;num=1112643676;start=0#0 date=04/04/05 at 12:41:16]So I torrented a couple DVD's one is the '88 barcelona show and the other is the '81 "Torture Never Stops" Halloween Show. I copied the Video_TS folder onto the blank disc as I was told and burnt it but it does not play. Barcelona is PAL so I blamed it's not working on the european system but the '81 show is NTSC and it still doesn't work. I am using a Macintosh with OSX and using Burnz software to burn the DVD because burning with my finder isnt working. Am I missing an elusive step or is this a common problem. The only solution I can think of is ripping the VOB files to mpeg4 video and Aiff audio and putting them toegther in iMovie andmaking chapters and all that jazz but thats a lot of work. Luckily I can watch the VOB files on my computer so I am not completly lacking however I would like to watch it on DVD players. Any solution would be greatly appreciated.[/quote]<br><br>You need to use a software program like Nero 6 that actually has the capability of burning DVD-VIDEO discs. You can't just burn the video_ts folder to a blank, it doesn't work because all you did was make a data DVD-ROM disc simular to just making a regular CD burn of the files. Hope that makes sense.<br>I am not sure if Nero 6 works with MACs. Nero 6 also breaks the region codes while burning. I have DLed a bunch of stuff that was PAL and Nero makes it region free when it burns.<br><br><br>

Post subject: Re: DVD-R issues
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:05 am 

Actually, it's not necessary to use a burning program that can burn DVD movies. Burning the Video_TS folder to a blank DVD should work, but you have to make sure you also burn the Audio_TS folder. Although the Audio_TS folder is blank DVD players expect to find it on the disc.<br><br>Also, how many DVD players did you try to play the DVD on? Some players don't like burned DVDs at all, while some will play DVD-R but not DVD+R or vice versa.<br><br>You can find some excellent resources and more help at this site:<br><br>http://www.videohelp.com/