Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: the roxy DVD
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:33 am 

OK gail, you win.<br><br>I will RIP before watching that piece of art.<br><br><br>but seriously - it's been a decade now and so many people  are begging to pay good money for this. and we're all getting older you know...<br><br><br>Why won't you just make an announcement - you have it in hand or no!!!

Post subject: Re: the roxy DVD
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:54 am 

exactly. ever heard of the term "making pressure"?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:57 am 

...underneath:<br>[img width=214 height=312]http://www.uluckyducky.com/Virginia.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:30 pm 

Image<br><br>I heard she bit THE BIG ONE......

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:06 pm 

[quote author=calvin2hikers link=board=tv-film;num=1092054815;start=0#6 date=08/09/04 at 20:30:42]<br>I heard she bit THE BIG ONE......[/quote]<br><br>She probably bit a number of big ones. It IS a full length movie.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:37 am 

Probably, but isn't this the girl that committed suicide?<br>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:21 am 
Banned

The ZFT has other things on their mind ... for now. ;)

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:24 am 

[quote author=JiminyMan link=board=tv-film;num=1092054815;start=0#10 date=08/12/04 at 10:21:58]The ZFT has other things on their mind ... for now. ;)[/quote]<br><br>Idiot!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:07 pm 

This is the first time I've posted anything on here, so I don't know if it's gonna work or not, but what I reeeeeealy wanna know is: Where can I get the 'Roxy' dvd as trailered on the 'Baby Snakes' dvd? Why is FZ's stuff so damn hard to find? The guy was undoubtedly the most inspirational, gifted, exciting, funny, inventive composer of the last hundred years and here I am scratchin around on the Net trying to find his stuff!<br>Even the Barko Swill site doesn't list it. Am I missing something here, or just lookin in the wrong place?<br><br>I was lucky enough to see Frank in concert ( in London ) twice. Th last time I saw him, he had the 'Best Band You Never Heard In Your Life' lineup. My biggest regret is that I didn't get the hell up outta my seat in the balcony and get down to the stage, to see him work from close up. After watching 'Baby Snakes' and seeing the amazing way he 'interacted' with the audience letting them play with his hair / kiss him / shake hands / embrace I was totally blown away...Can you imagine that happening now, with the dross masquerading as musicians and singers? I think not. I would give anything to have shaken FZ by the hand, and say 'Thank You' for totally changing my life. I big chunk of me died when Frank did.<br>I would love to get hold of anything on dvd and especially the Roxy shows. I think that lineup was my favourite, especially the totally amazing Ruth Underwood<br>So I hope someone out there can point me in the right direction!<br><br>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:59 pm 

[quote author=MooAahman link=board=tv-film;num=1092054815;start=0#12 date=09/07/04 at 00:07:15]This is the first time I've posted anything on here, so I don't know if it's gonna work or not, but what I reeeeeealy wanna know is: Where can I get the 'Roxy' dvd as trailered on the 'Baby Snakes' dvd? Why is FZ's stuff so damn hard to find? The guy was undoubtedly the most inspirational, gifted, exciting, funny, inventive composer of the last hundred years and here I am scratchin around on the Net trying to find his stuff!<br>Even the Barko Swill site doesn't list it. Am I missing something here, or just lookin in the wrong place?<br><br>I was lucky enough to see Frank in concert ( in London ) twice. Th last time I saw him, he had the 'Best Band You Never Heard In Your Life' lineup. My biggest regret is that I didn't get the hell up outta my seat in the balcony and get down to the stage, to see him work from close up. After watching 'Baby Snakes' and seeing the amazing way he 'interacted' with the audience letting them play with his hair / kiss him / shake hands / embrace I was totally blown away...Can you imagine that happening now, with the dross masquerading as musicians and singers? I think not. I would give anything to have shaken FZ by the hand, and say 'Thank You' for totally changing my life. I big chunk of me died when Frank did.<br>I would love to get hold of anything on dvd and especially the Roxy shows. I think that lineup was my favourite, especially the totally amazing Ruth Underwood<br>So I hope someone out there can point me in the right direction!<br><br>[/quote]<br>Sorry, it aint available yet.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:21 pm 

"If you wish to know more about the release of the Roxy DVD go to Helen Waite."<br><br>Funny name, no wonder those releases take so long...... ;D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:36 pm 

Soooooo, when's the damn thing coming out?   ;D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:38 am 

[quote author=NANOOK76 link=board=tv-film;num=1092054815;start=15#17 date=10/07/04 at 07:29:26]Never, stop asking :-X :-X :-X[/quote]<br><br>That's right....<br><br>WHERE THE FUCK IS IT??<br>WE'VE<br>BEEN<br>WAITING<br>LONG<br>ENOUGH!!<br>DAMN IT!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:00 pm 

the whole world is waiting for the roxy dvd!!!!<br> ;)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:01 pm 

So I said: I wanna  find out when the Roxy dvd is coming out  ?<br>Batchain said: Go to Helen Waite.<br><br>Ohhhhhh..I geddit! Go to Hell and Wait!!! hahahahaha<br>I'm doin that already!!!<br><br>Man, I'd go to Helen Back to get hold of a copy of that sucka!<br><br>But seriously ( if you insist ) How the hell do I get hold of Helen Waite ( if she reeeeeally exists and isn't just some kinda Bart Simpson play - with - words name like Amanda Huggenkiss )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:41 pm 
Banned

jaypfunk wrote:
WHERE THE FUCK IS IT??
WE'VE
BEEN
WAITING
LONG
ENOUGH!!
DAMN IT!!

Everyone! If you post in all caps with size 9 caps, Gail will magically conjure up the Roxy DVD! Come on now:

I LIKE SCREAMING IN LARGE TEXT!
RELEASE ROXY!
ROXY!
ROXY!
ROXY!

Moron. :roll:

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Last edited by Isaac on Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.