Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: That damn Roxy DVD
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 14757
Tripmyster wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
I think I did.


Not likely !


You burned me!

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: That damn Roxy DVD
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:06 pm
Posts: 15
Dweezil recently spoke about the DVD project. I have the audio here:
http://zappilla.tumblr.com/post/1161385649/selected-audio-taken-from-a-talk-with-gail

Here are some vides from the event:
http://www.vimeo.com/heathen


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: That damn Roxy DVD
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:06 pm
Posts: 15
Heathen wrote:
Dweezil recently spoke about the DVD project. I have the audio here:
http://zappilla.tumblr.com/post/1161385649/selected-audio-taken-from-a-talk-with-gail

Here are some vides from the event:
http://www.vimeo.com/heathen


URL changed

http://pathofthebeam.tumblr.com/post/1161385649/selected-audio-taken-from-a-talk-with-gail


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: That damn Roxy DVD
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:32 pm
Posts: 171
Location: Novi, Michigan
Does all of this waiting and speculation about the Roxy DVD remind anyone else of the stuff that happened with Guns 'n' Roses a few years ago? Their "Chinese Democracy" album was rumored to be 'almost ready to release' for about ten years before it finally came out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: That damn Roxy DVD
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 14757
Yeah, I made a joke in another thread that we'd all get a Dr Pepper when it was released.

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: That damn Roxy DVD
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3500
Location: Vancouver, BC
calvin2hikers wrote:
Yeah, I made a joke in another thread that we'd all get a Dr Pepper when it was released.


Well, considering some GNR fans did receive free cans of Dr. Pepper after Chinese Democracy was finally released, it just might work for us with the Roxy DVD... :wink:

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: That damn Roxy DVD
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 14757
Disco Boy wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
Yeah, I made a joke in another thread that we'd all get a Dr Pepper when it was released.


Well, considering some GNR fans did receive free cans of Dr. Pepper after Chinese Democracy was finally released, it just might work for us with the Roxy DVD... :wink:


But this release might actually not suck and be worth the wait, m i rite

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: That damn Roxy DVD
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3500
Location: Vancouver, BC
calvin2hikers wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
Yeah, I made a joke in another thread that we'd all get a Dr Pepper when it was released.


Well, considering some GNR fans did receive free cans of Dr. Pepper after Chinese Democracy was finally released, it just might work for us with the Roxy DVD... :wink:


But this release might actually not suck and be worth the wait, m i rite


Yep! :mrgreen:

Though, I don't mind some of the tracks on Chinese Democracy... :oops:

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: That damn Roxy DVD
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 14757
Disco Boy wrote:
Well, considering some GNR fans did receive free cans of Dr. Pepper after Chinese Democracy was finally released, it just might work for us with the Roxy DVD... :wink:


But this release might actually not suck and be worth the wait, m i rite[/quote]

Yep! :mrgreen:

Though, I don't mind some of the tracks on Chinese Democracy... :oops:[/quote]

Though, I don't mind some of the tracks on Chinese Democracy

Don't sweat it. I don't think I've heard one bit of it.

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: That damn Roxy DVD
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:23 am
Posts: 3148
Location: Chicago, IL
Nah, I now want a Bluray. :mrgreen:

_________________
Current favorite new spin: The Ghost of a Saber-Tooth Tiger (Sean Lennon's new act)

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: That damn Roxy DVD
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:24 am
Posts: 930
Location: Oh, in the sky
PenguinInBondage wrote:
Nah, I now want a Bluray. :mrgreen:



Great! That'll take another 12 years.

_________________
I'm not bald; I'm taller than my hair.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: That damn Roxy DVD
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:23 am
Posts: 3148
Location: Chicago, IL
Philmore wrote:
That'll take another 12 years.


'Kay - fine.... BETAMAX or VHS - whichever is quickest :mrgreen:

_________________
Current favorite new spin: The Ghost of a Saber-Tooth Tiger (Sean Lennon's new act)

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: That damn Roxy DVD
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 14757
I've heard it's nearly done and is one full half hour. But don't listen to the voices in my head.

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: That damn Roxy DVD
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:23 am
Posts: 3148
Location: Chicago, IL
calvin2hikers wrote:
I've heard it's nearly done and is one full half hour. But don't listen to the voices in my head.


A "full" half-hour? No Sir - I will not listen to those voices. :| :cry:

_________________
Current favorite new spin: The Ghost of a Saber-Tooth Tiger (Sean Lennon's new act)

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: That damn Roxy DVD
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 14757
PenguinInBondage wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
I've heard it's nearly done and is one full half hour. But don't listen to the voices in my head.


A "full" half-hour? No Sir - I will not listen to those voices. :| :cry:


Well, 29:59.

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group