Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Chunga's on NIP/TUCK?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:29 pm 

Hey, I was just mindlessly watching the show Nip/tuck (I've got 5 channels, not a whole lot of selection when you need to burn brain cells and time!)   and during this dinner scene where these people were negotiating a foursome, the score underneath was undeniably a rendition of Chunga's Revenge.  WTF????? sounded like a synth accordion sound playing the lead.  weird.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:09 pm 

Thanks Damien!   boy that sure threw me for a loop.  I'm still left to ponder though, how did Chunga's wind up on that show?  it's a brain boggler!! it definately worked for the scene though.  Exciting yet foreboding.  thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:01 am 

I saw that! Freaked me out too...Got that Gotan cd with Chungas on it, a friend burned it for me....apart from CR, it aint too hot...IMO...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:09 am 

Interesting coincidence...I was driving home yesterday listening to the local NPR station when a version (not FZ)of Chunga was playing in the background...about 6pm CST!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:10 am 

seems to be the background music hit of the year!<br>

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:04 am 

Actually, it was on the NPR on 10/10 and it was also the Gotan Project'c version.  <br><br>From the NPR webpages:<br><br>(Note the Composer....?)<br><br><br>MUSIC INTERLUDES<br>'Chunga's Revenge'<br>LISTEN<br><br>Artist:Gotan Project Composer:Christoph H. Muller, Eduardo Makaroff CD Title:La Revancha Del Tango Label:BEGGARS XL RECORDING BEGGARS XL RECORDING Catalog Number:40164  <br><br> <br> <br><br><br>  <br>»Want a transcript?  <br>(Information collected by NPR will be used solely for internal NPR or NPR member station purposes and only if you selected 'yes' above. See NPR's privacy policy for more information.)<br> <br><br><br>Archives Transcripts Stations Shop About Contact Us Help <br>Copyright 2005 NPR Terms of Use Permissions Privacy Policy  <br>  <br>  <br>PURCHASE<br>Featured Music<br>La Revancha Del Tango<br>by Gotan Project<br> <br>Your purchase helps support NPR. How?<br><br> <br>  <br>AS HEARD ON<br>All Things Considered, October 10, 2005  <br>

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:35 am 

Salutations one and all. I also watched Nip/Tuck on this side of the pond last night. I missed all the dialogue in that scene 'cos I was so excited about FZ being used in such a mainstream TV show. Thought i'd check up on line for info. I stumbled across you guys. Thanks for filling in the gaps. <br>Regards, G.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:59 am 

Was funny...got back from seeing Motorhead last night and this was on....While watching, I thought, "I recognise this!", but couldnt place it at first......Didnt go into one about it at the time, cos my girlfriend and her friends were watching it intently.....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:21 pm 

I'm sure somebody somwhere will try to use FZ music and try to pass it off as their own.