Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: MOI in Medium Cool DVD
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:01 am 

Does anyone have any definitive info about the presence of the MOI in recent releases of the movie Medium Cool on DVD? I've read conflicting articles here and there. One that says that a band that is not the MOI is shown but that the MOI's music is heard. Another one says something about legal difficulties leading to a removal of the MOI music. I've heard a lot of good things about this movie, not just the MOI's part in it, but if the DVD version is tampered with I'm not sure I want to buy it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:43 am 

Nope. Nothing the like. <br><br>Only disturbing thing I once saw is a German documentary about the history of Pop. In the late 60's episode FZ and the MOI are mentioned and some images are shown (from the Bremen Songfestival and such) and a bit later on, in totally different context you can hear King Kong in a bootleg version over some streetfight in Frankfurt...strange collage! :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:49 pm 

[quote author=zliq link=board=tv-film;num=1132560108;start=0#1 date=11/21/05 at 09:43:20] ... Nope. Nothing the like ... [/quote]I don't know what you mean. Medium Cool was a 1969 film directed by Haskell Wexler. There have been DVD reissues of this film but there is conflicting info available on what editing may have actually been done on those reissues. I'm hoping that someone who has seen a recent DVD of this film can enlighten me.

Post subject: Medium Cool
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:39 am 

I remember watching this movie on TV many years ago. Chunks of MOI music (Mom & Dad) and dialogue ("I will love the police as they kick the shit out of me on the street") were in the soundtrack.<br><br>http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064652/trivia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:59 pm 

Thanks for the feedback guys, but my problem is that I want to buy a new copy of one of the DVD releases of this movie and I don't want to discover that one of my main reasons for buying it (even though it does seem to be an interesting film as well) turns out to removed. Has anyone here seen or got one of these DVDs?