Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 421 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:10 pm 

Cronenberg is hit-and-miss with me. I liked "Videodrome", "Scanners", "The Fly" and "eXistenZ", (but mostly because it's the kind of trashy horror sci-fi stuff I like) but I also thought "Crash" was a stinker.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:40 pm 

[quote author=Studebaker link=board=tv-film;num=1137497408;start=45#50 date=03/15/06 at 15:10:46]Cronenberg is hit-and-miss with me. I liked "Videodrome", "Scanners", "The Fly" and "eXistenZ", (but mostly because it's the kind of trashy horror sci-fi stuff I like) but I also thought "Crash" was a stinker.[/quote]<br><br>Now I've seen "The Fly" and really liked that, I dunno about the others. I really thought "Crash" was poo though.  ;D<br>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:35 pm 
Banned

monstermovie wrote:
By the way, I liked "Crash". This is the first time I agree with an Oscar award.

That's not what she was talking about. You're referring to the 2004 film called "Crash," which, alas, I haven't seen (although I really want to). She was referring to the 1996 David Cronenberg film with the same title, but completely unrelated to the 2004 film. I haven't seen the Cronenberg film either, but I think it sounds interesting, and I might want to see it. David Cronenberg's film wasn't even nominated for an Oscar.

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Last edited by Isaac on Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:53 pm 

[quote author=monstermovie link=board=tv-film;num=1137497408;start=45#47 date=03/15/06 at 04:00:10]I don't wanna offend those who like French Cinema  8) 8)<br> Sorry in advance  :-[<br><br>However, I dislike French movies (with some very rare exceptions) because:<br>1: there is no rhythm;<br>2: subjects are always the same (thresome finishing with the death of one or two), homosexuality, people turning crazy, cheap comedy humour, etc;<br>3: apart the subjects before, there is rarely a "story".<br><br>It is a pity because I think that French actors are, in average, very good.<br>I think (but I have heard interviews confirming my idea) that French directors are very "ideological" (as everything in France). They wanna show that they are able to do a different cinema than americans. But they fuck up (in my opinion of course).<br>Besson wants to be like an american director, but he also fucks up.<br><br>By the way, I liked "Crash". This is the first time I agree with an Oscar award.[/quote]<br><br>wow, monstermovie, welcome home!! i made tiramisu a few weeks ago and thought of you.<br><br> ;D<br>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:38 pm 

The last crappy movie I watched was "Waiting", with Ryan Reynolds. A friend from work lent it to me (she's quite warm for his form ::) ), and I'm so glad I did'nt have to pay! i think there are one or two moments that were funny. I enjoy "gross-out" humor when it's funny, but this was just not that funny. The thing that made me laugh was the full-on "director's cut" art house two-disc set they gave this. Plodding doc, outakes that are'nt funny, deleted scenes that you could tell why they were taken out. The only extra I enjoyed was the one in which two ex-waitresses and one ex-waiter told horror stories----now THAT would have been a good movie. I could understand why people in the customer service industry (like me ) might enjoy it, but it just did'nt do it for me.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:13 pm 

[quote author=guacamole queen link=board=tv-film;num=1137497408;start=45#53 date=03/15/06 at 18:53:43]<br><br>wow, monstermovie, welcome home!! i made tiramisu a few weeks ago and thought of you.<br><br> ;D<br>[/quote]<br><br>Hey Daisy ! How are you? You had the patience to create a new identity (is this due to the last Forum crash?). I must do the same one day or another (I am too lazy) but I will do it too.<br>Happy to know that my tiramisù recipe is "still working".<br> ;) <br>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:05 pm 
Banned

This movie sucked the big one! It's essentially a rip-off of An American Werewolf in London that was so bad that they had to credit John Landis so he wouldn't sue - what an insult to the master of the movie car crash!

Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Last edited by Isaac on Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:45 pm 

F-

No character development, too much gloss and no focus on story. Movies are getting shorter and shorter, no one has time to flesh anything out. Bummer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:56 pm 
Banned

Tiddles wrote:

F-

No character development, too much gloss and no focus on story. Movies are getting shorter and shorter, no one has time to flesh anything out. Bummer.

But is it at least better than Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings trilogy? :P

Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:42 pm 

BBP wrote:
True, it disturbed me. Though it's kinda funny seeing how he tries to keep up with Steve's soloing.

Haha, Bonny! Because my eyesight is so bad, i was kinda looking sideways at your post through the frames of my reading specs, and I thought you said "...how he tries to keep up with Steve's sobbing." It almost made me want to check this boring movie out again in case I'd missed something!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:55 pm 

It's not out but I'll just predict that Mission Impossible III will (to borrow a George Carlin statement) "smell like an anchovie's cunt."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:47 pm 

Studebaker wrote:
I was forced to watch "Alien vs. Predator" a while ago. What a piece of shit, no redeeming qualities whatsoever.<br><br>Image<br><br>"Worst movie.. ever. Rest assured I was on the internet within minutes registering my disgust throughout the world."

I watched this movie when I got free Skinemax. It was spanish dubbed. I watched the whole thing in spanish. But that didnt matter, I still knew it was a steamy pile. Kill Lance Henrickson! Ah thanks... Oh wait the Predator and the hot scientist are friends now. Oh wait he's dead. The movie is over. Wait, what? Wtf!

Graham wrote:
This turkey sucks, big time.<br><br>Image<br><br>

I like Bruce Campbell, but, yeah........stick to Army of Darkness and Evil Dead. Do nothing else. Please. Repeat after me. This is my boom stick. Ahh......yes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:18 am 

I saw the worst movie ever. It was really bad. It was "Jason X". It was bad for so many reasons. The music was really bad. The director was bad. The story was really bad. The actors were awful. And in the end, Jason gets rebuilt after being killed by an asskicking andriod who sleeps with her creator. He falls into the room where cell reconstruction is done. Yet no one remembers this for some reason...and he comes back, only now his tattered rags are metal. Wtf!?!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:49 am 

Jason Takes Manhattan was great for only one scene... when that black dude goes ape with his boxing chops and punches Jason about 30 times in the head... only Jason has a concrete chin and lays one punch on that guy and completely tears his head off in one hit. It flies down between two buildings... HAHA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:22 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:36 am 

I Heart Huckabees....

I watched most of it...

Fell asleep.

Woke up and my fiancee was asleep too....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:42 pm 

Just seen Legally Blonde in German (Natuerlich Blond). It's even boring in German...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:26 pm 
Banned

Bonzo wrote:
I Heart Huckabees....

I watched most of it...

Fell asleep.

Woke up and my fiancee was asleep too....

I agree. That was terrible.

Isaac

Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:13 pm 
Banned

:|

Isaac

Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Last edited by Isaac on Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:09 pm 

There've been rumors that not even Gilliam liked that one ^ :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:46 pm 
Banned

pigs03 wrote:
There've been rumors that not even Gilliam liked that one

Why would he? I'm interested, though, in hearing what he has to say in the DVD commentary track. Does he apologize to everyone who wasted their money to see the film? :D

Isaac

Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Last edited by Isaac on Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:25 am 

no... you're all wrong!

the worst movie ever is Hot Rods to Hell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:20 pm 

the new Pirate movie wasn't exactly stellar, maybe it'd be better in smell-o-rama, or something."Dead Man's Chest" is ridiculous and not really in a good way. Unless maybe if you're actually a kid. And of course there'll be a third. I like how they make the real pirates in a way deathless. Plus the chick in it is anorexic. :arrow:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:08 am 

I had a look at this some days ago :|

Well what can i say... Awful bad movie, but in a way i was happy that i watched it. The plot in this film is hillarious.

We are on a post apocalyptic earth, that has suffered after nuclear war. Because of this nuclear waste, only a few women are fertile, and a few men capable to produce children. But this nuclear waste has also created Mutants, and we talk about human size frogs, that behave like humans

Sam Hell is a criminal that is captured by the government. He has left so many bastard children around, and that makes him a must for the government. So that he can produce more humans.

Well to make it short.. The frogs wants to rule the world, and therefore captured a lot of fertile women. Sam hell gets sent out on a rescue mission with two female commandos.
Sam Hell is to rescue the fertile women and make them pregnant hahaha

Incrdible bad movie, but funny.
They realy made crazy things in the 80's..

"I refuse to become what you call normal"
Lemmy Caution

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 421 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next