Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: KCET-TV
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 1:44 pm 

Do you mean the "Token of his extreme" -show? If that´s the case, one would assume that ZFT owns the rights since bits from that show are on the Dub Room Special. I guess that an official release is not available (yet... ;) you gotta be optimistic) but bootlegged ones can be found. It is an excellent show fer sure.<br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 1:27 am 

that version of Florentine Pogenis beyond fantastic!  Seeing that classic line up do their thing just gives me chills.  *bows down to Ruth*<br><br>Mr. Brock has so much soul and souls great singing with Mr. Duke.<br>I love this line up, possibly my favorite. They are technically amazing, but all still have that looseness about them.  This band was around for too short a time. <br>Anyone have this complete on video??  And what does it include??

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:50 am 

On the video Dub room special there is more from this consert on KCET-tv, around 20-30 minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:43 pm 

it was on e bay, $24.99, not claimed yet....[center]           Image[/center][center][sub][img width=66 height=16] http://216.127.92.67/webgraphics/arrows ... ed_030.gif  [/img][/sub][sup]token of his extreme[/sup][/center]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 2:38 pm 

Would love to have a version without claymation and video effects.<br><br>Great performance!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 6:44 pm 

Almost 2 versions are available;<br><br> -Token of His extreme 58min mpg (final by OO)<br> -Token of his extreme 73 min mpg  (full) rip by CosmikD<br><br> "OO"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:37 am 

hello,<br><br> I' m also very keen on this show "token of his extreme" so I've been on eBay but it's not there anylonger. Do you know where I can find or purchase a full version?<br> By the way, you can find some extracts on kazaa.<br> Thank you, and keep on loving this great composer!<br>

Post subject: re: KCET-TV
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:48 am 

i picked up florentine pogen off kazaa, <br>great performance by :-[ [s]ray white[/s] nmb <br><br>Image<br>[sup]token of his extreme[/sup]<br><br><br>[quote author=Do-Do Mite link=board=tv-film;num=1043190555;start=0#9 date=07/27/03 at 14:46:16]Ray White?[/quote]<br> sorry  :-[ .... nmbrock

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 11:46 am 

Ray White?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:42 pm 

[quote author=Do-Do Mite link=board=tv-film;num=1043190555;start=0#5 date=06/10/03 at 17:38:58]Would love to have a version without claymation and video effects.<br><br>Great performance![/quote]<br>The original KCET-TV video has the claymation on it, but not the added sound f/x FZ put on "Dub Room Special."<br> Yeah! I'd like to see the entire show w/o the added<br>doo dads.  ;D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:39 am 

The 73 min. version includes:<br> Dog/Meat, Montana, Finger cymbals & George Duke jam, Florentine Pogen, Stinkfoot, Pygmy Twilight,<br>Doo Doo Room Service, Inca Roads, Oh No/Orange Co.<br>Lumber Truck, Trouble Comin' Every Day, A Token Of My<br>Extreme-end ( All tunes have no added sound f/x)<br> I just burned this on cd-r.  ;D<br>This show, along with Roxy, begs to be released on dvd!<br>(Hopefully, without any of those annoying sound f/x)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:55 pm 

where did you burn this full version? I'm looking desperatly for this show? In france this is very hard to find it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:26 am 

No surprise you like this version of Florentine Pogen so much... it's the same you have heard on OSFA for years... plus some overdubs and minus the awesome solo.<br>The same treatment was reserved to Inca Roads but this time the solo wasn't just edited out, instead it was replaced by that finnish masterpiece.<br>Duke's solo on Inca is the same as on OSFA even if (at least to my ears) it sounds much better on the record.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:13 am 

[quote author=montana link=board=tv-film;num=1043190555;start=0#12 date=08/26/03 at 02:55:46]where did you burn this full version? I'm looking desperatly for this show? In france this is very hard to find it. [/quote]<br>  I got the video years ago in a Zappa & Eric Dolphy trade. Sadly, it's only on VHS. If I ever get enough<br>money, I want to get one of those VHS to DVD recorder<br>things. <br> I used my video to burn the cd. Just plugged it into<br>the audio jack on amp and then to analog to digital jack<br>on pc.  <br>  ;D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:50 am 

Montana, check the Ngs binaries.I posted the full version few weeks ago..... (A Token of His Extreme tag name)<br>Check also on the french Yahoo FZ news group at http://fr.groups.yahoo.com/group/frank_zappa-zutalors/<br>There is a chain started few months ago for the cd....<br><br> Bonne chance!<br><br>  "OO"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 10:16 am 

818-pumkin claims as of today, that the next dvd release after Baby Snakes (which will be released by the end of this year, but not by 10/31 as hoped) will be the Dub Room Special.<br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:38 am 

Thank you "OO" for your help, but what's "ngs binaries"? <br> <br> See you !!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:56 pm 

possible surround sound DVD of this show in the wings <br>courtesy of Frank Filipetti ...<br><br><br>Joe Travers, Frank Zappa’s longtime friend, engineer, and guardian of the Zappa library, has been meticulously transferring many of Frank’s analog tapes to Nuendo format, with each multitrack tape equaling one session. Joe uses a system whereby each session is the equivalent to a particular tape in the vault—with labels, time code, and track numbers corresponding perfectly to the originals. The tapes from this 1974 concert were originally recorded on 2-inch, 16-track at 30 ips.... <br><br>"With Frank’s recordings, I’m trying to bring the listener into Frank’s world, and that approach demands an allegiance to fidelity first, noise second. I tend not to concern myself with noise problems unless they intrude on the vibe.”<br>“ You don’t get something for nothing,” says Filipetti, “and everything you do affects something else. In trying to eliminate noise, you’re invariably going to eliminate some of the good stuff as well, like low level harmonic content, ambience tails, etc., which I prefer to keep. If a little bit of noise seeps through, so be it. <br><br>link<br><br>and here's what he bakes the tapes in   :o<br>linko

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:14 pm 

[quote author=stride link=board=tv-film;num=1043190555;start=15#20 date=03/30/06 at 23:56:00]possible surround sound DVD of this show in the wings <br>courtesy of Frank Filipetti ...<br><br><br>Joe Travers, Frank Zappa’s longtime friend, engineer, and guardian of the Zappa library, has been meticulously transferring many of Frank’s analog tapes to Nuendo format, with each multitrack tape equaling one session. Joe uses a system whereby each session is the equivalent to a particular tape in the vault—with labels, time code, and track numbers corresponding perfectly to the originals. The tapes from this 1974 concert were originally recorded on 2-inch, 16-track at 30 ips.... <br><br>"With Frank’s recordings, I’m trying to bring the listener into Frank’s world, and that approach demands an allegiance to fidelity first, noise second. I tend not to concern myself with noise problems unless they intrude on the vibe.”<br>“ You don’t get something for nothing,” says Filipetti, “and everything you do affects something else. In trying to eliminate noise, you’re invariably going to eliminate some of the good stuff as well, like low level harmonic content, ambience tails, etc., which I prefer to keep. If a little bit of noise seeps through, so be it. <br><br>link<br><br>and here's what he bakes the tapes in   :o<br>linko[/quote]<br><br>I could've sworn you were pullin' my leg until I actually read the article. ;D<br><br>"Smoke the tapes?!" NMB

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:44 am 

Quote:
<br>He’s (Frank Filipetti) working on a re-release of Paul Simon’s Graceland in 5.1 surround sound as well as a 1974 Frank Zappa live concert project. <br>
<br><br>http://www.euphonix.com/news/reviews/frank_filipetti_06_01.htm<br><br>Could this be the infamous "Roxy DVD"?!  :o<br><br>Please, please, please, please.....

Ding

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:22 am 

Gail and Joe Travers say in the new Relix that it's A Token Of My Extreme.  Sorry  >:(

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:37 am 

Thank for the update C.T.<br><br>That's still good news. "A Token Of My Extreme" is still my favorite Zappa video release. I have the German bootleg DVD that's being sold in Norway (I don't know why, but it's availbale in most stores here), but the quality is far from perfect. I'm really looking forward to the official release. I really hope it has some extras or additional material. I would also prefer to have a version of this without the B.B. animations and crappy 70's video effects. I know this is very unlikely, but it would have been cool to see the concert and musicians clearly. In a perfect world the DVD release would contain both the original version with the animations and the effects, and a "pure" video documentation of one of the greatest bands ever. What is it that the DHBIM video says.... No lasers... No effects... Or something like that  ;)<br><br>Well, I can dream.............

Ding