Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Zappa on DVD!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 4:11 pm 

This is my biggest wish by far right now.  8)<br><br>Congrats on the new site!

Post subject: Re: Zappa on DVD!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 4:44 pm 

Gotta second Sal's emotion there... Roxy and Baby Snakes DVD's would be fantastic.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 8:45 pm 

Ah yes! Wouldn't it be just Spiffy to have :<br>The Dub Room Special<br>Video From Hell<br>Baby Snakes<br>Uncle Meat<br>The Roxy Video<br>A Token Of My Extreme<br>The True Story Of 200 Motels<br>The Amazing Mr. Bickford<br>Does Humor Belong In Music?<br>... on DVD in crisp clean non-flipper special edition's fully specked with extra material... Life would be just to sweet  8)<br><br>By the way! I love the new forum. This is going to be very interesting to follow  ;D

Ding

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 9:01 pm 

Hey, why stop there?  Why not see spifnificant releases of The Yellow Shark, Halloween '81, or Barcelona '88?<br><br>Congratulations on the incredible new site!<br><br>MM7 8) ::) :P

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 11:38 pm 

<br>you're right. We need stuff for our DVD-Player. I got the trailer of the ROXY-show and I can't wait to see more.<br><br>I also like the new site and I'm waiting for th FZ:OZ CD.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 8:10 am 

Well whatchamacallit....<br><br>Wouldn't it just be the most incredible reason to get one? ;)<br><br>Please register to vote for Frank Zappa on DVD!<br><br>Ding to all you fans out there  8)

Ding

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:36 am 

Yeah, weren't you guys around when we were waiting for the trailer to be released on the site?  Even that had continuous delays....  I couldn't believe it...  we were even getting shafted on the release date for the trailer which didn't even announce a release date for the actual release....<br><br>I often wonder how the ZFT feels when they think about their "crowd response" based on delays......  you'd think they wouldn't even announce something anymore until they already have the product in their hands, ready to go out the door....<br><br> :-X :-/ :-X

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 5:05 am 

I could not agree more with Penguin's post. Getting us folks all excited about forthcoming releases then subjecting us to interminable delays is very unfair. <br>To compound matters for those of us who live in Europe it now seems to be impossible to buy anything via the website without a credit card issued by a USA bank.<br>I buy stuff on the www all the time and I have never encountered a restriction like this before.<br>I will no doubt get my hands on a copy of FZ:OZ in the near future via G&S Music who are licenced to sell it in the UK but I wonder if by making it difficult to get a hold of outside the USA ZFT are playing into the hands of bootleggers.<br>I hope this great new site is the start of an all round improvement and that we get the stuff we want to buy made available sooner rather than later.<br>

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 5:09 am 

How about over the phone?  Do they accept payments for overseas individuals over the phone?

Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 6:01 am 

Yes you can phone them up but once they find out that your c card is from a non USA bank the deal is off. <br>Back in the old days, before www was invented, it was relatively easy to phone and place an order and they would accept any credit card.<br>It really is crazy, one of the reasons cited, apart from paper, for the delay in releasing FZ:OZ was that the 5000 order threshold had not been reached and at the same time there are plenty folks out there who want to place an order but cannot.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 6:02 am 

That definitely sounds like bad business practice...   :-/

Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 6:07 am 

I really cant fathom why there are no DVDs available now!! And I have a really shitty copy of the dub room special I'd love to replace. Get on it!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 6:14 am 

Perhaps someone has been paying attention after all, the shopping cart seems to be accepting any c card now. Even so the postage to Europe is nearly the same as the cost of the disc.<br>Still I have to admit a new website and the card problem getting resolved sure is progress.<br>Keep it up ZFT

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 6:18 am 

??? I guess I spoke too soon. I just tried placing an order. Guess what, no USA c card, no deal :-/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 8:37 am 

Hello electricauntjemima!<br><br>I'm myself from Norway and they have had no problem accepting my Norwegian Visa credit card. It has been charged for the amount i ordered merchandise for (Back in March 2002!), and didn't get any feedback or info on problems with my card.<br><br>Hopefully I'll also receive my merchandise in a week or two  :)<br><br>Hopefully they haven't changed the ordering policies since then.<br><br><br>

Ding

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 12:11 pm 

I hope so.  Keeping fingers crossed.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 2:36 pm 

<br>[quote author=Dingboy link=board=wishList&num=1029813066&start=0#2 date=08/19/02 at 23:45:56]<br>Ah yes! Wouldn't it be just Spiffy to have :<br>The Dub Room Special<br>Video From Hell<br>Baby Snakes<br>Uncle Meat<br>The Roxy Video<br>A Token Of My Extreme<br>The True Story Of 200 Motels<br>The Amazing Mr. Bickford<br>Does Humor Belong In Music?<br>... on DVD in crisp clean non-flipper special edition's fully specked with extra material... Life would be just to sweet  8)<br><br><snip> <br><br>EXACTLY!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 6:36 am 

THe ZFT could kill to birds with one stone by rereleasing the honker home videos on DVD.  They would make the fans very happy and significantly hamper the ability of bootleggers on the internet to sell 2nd, 3rd, 4th generation dubs of the videos.  Then we could stop spending our hard earned cash to buy boots and give our money to Gail and co.  Everyone would be happy.  Let's see a DVD soon.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 6:38 am 

AMEN!<br>

Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 3:40 pm 

<br>[quote author=muffinman72326 link=board=wishList&num=1029813066&start=0#3 date=08/20/02 at 00:01:47]<br>Hey, why stop there?  Why not see spifnificant releases of The Yellow Shark, Halloween '81, or Barcelona '88?<br><br>Don't forget the Paris Spring '80 show, Stockholm '73, the complete Token of My Extreme, Germany '78, and every other pro-shot concert that's out there.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 4:04 pm 

Amen to all of you. I'm from Australia and I can't begin to tell you the problems I have trying to order Zappa stuff >:( >:( >:( >:(<br>Would have loved to have been included in FZOZ but no US credit card no deal no matter that it would have cost me over $100 local to get it.<br>I have several videos all pirated copies. But i would be more than willing to shell out the cash for DVD releases even though I only get 55c to the dollar and have to pay double for everything >:( >:( >:(<br>ZFT please, please help the poor folks here in the antipodes. :'( :'( :'(<br>PS Can't get sevral Ryko release over here whats the deal!<br>Nearly have entire collection about 50 CDs but have to pay $80-100 for some titles like "Guitar", "Civilization.."<br>Having already spent nearly $2000.00 dollars on CDs I,m dissapointed that the fans don't get a little more respect

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 4:14 pm 

Don't forget 200 MOTELS<br>And how about the 1981 Halloween show that was broadcast live on MTV?<br><br>FZ was the first artist to broadcast a live concert on MTV...<br><br>Wow. MTV had a chance to be cool once...

somehow...