Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:05 pm
Posts: 19
Location: usa
Man, I'd love to see these shows officially released. In fact, during the second night of this run of shows Frank made reference to recording the shows for a live album. Excellent performances, plus Sal Marquez was in the band for these shows. Bruce Fowler and Ian Underwood throw down some serious solos here, the lounge ( Sinatra-like ) version of Inca Roads is pretty sweet. Fifty-Fifty ( nice version ! ). I could go on and on. Some of the best versions ever of Duprees Paradise were performed on this tour ( 74 too ! ). Frank's tone is killing :twisted: As great as the Helsinki show may be, there are many,many way better shows from that era. I know some folks here frown upon what I call "fan tapes", but s**t .... there are soooo many amazing shows ( with excellent enough quality ) out there. I've traded shows/ot's/interviews for about 25 years now and I purchase ALL official releases, always and I supprot ZPZ. Not only did Frank know we traded tapes, every now and then he'd toss a tape out there. Yep, it's true. There is a BIG difference between Bootlegs and FanTapes. :wink: I am very pleased with the amount of releases comming out the past couple of years, but put simply.... I can't get enough Zappa music. Music IS the best. Thanks Frank.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 6:48 am
Posts: 6243
Location: Your Mom's Box
zintar3000 wrote:
Man, I'd love to see these shows officially released. In fact, during the second night of this run of shows Frank made reference to recording the shows for a live album. Excellent performances, plus Sal Marquez was in the band for these shows. Bruce Fowler and Ian Underwood throw down some serious solos here, the lounge ( Sinatra-like ) version of Inca Roads is pretty sweet. Fifty-Fifty ( nice version ! ). I could go on and on. Some of the best versions ever of Duprees Paradise were performed on this tour ( 74 too ! ). Frank's tone is killing :twisted: As great as the Helsinki show may be, there are many,many way better shows from that era. I know some folks here frown upon what I call "fan tapes", but s**t .... there are soooo many amazing shows ( with excellent enough quality ) out there. I've traded shows/ot's/interviews for about 25 years now and I purchase ALL official releases, always and I supprot ZPZ. Not only did Frank know we traded tapes, every now and then he'd toss a tape out there. Yep, it's true. There is a BIG difference between Bootlegs and FanTapes. :wink: I am very pleased with the amount of releases comming out the past couple of years, but put simply.... I can't get enough Zappa music. Music IS the best. Thanks Frank.


absolutely FALSE. Those tapes got leaked out by band members. Frank would NEVER do that EVER for fear of being bootleged.

don't spread bad info.

_________________
Make your checks payable to QUENTIN ROBERT DeNAMELAND, Greatest Living Philostopher Known to Mankind.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:03 pm
Posts: 6098
Location: Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
jaypfunk wrote:
zintar3000 wrote:
Man, I'd love to see these shows officially released. In fact, during the second night of this run of shows Frank made reference to recording the shows for a live album. Excellent performances, plus Sal Marquez was in the band for these shows. Bruce Fowler and Ian Underwood throw down some serious solos here, the lounge ( Sinatra-like ) version of Inca Roads is pretty sweet. Fifty-Fifty ( nice version ! ). I could go on and on. Some of the best versions ever of Duprees Paradise were performed on this tour ( 74 too ! ). Frank's tone is killing :twisted: As great as the Helsinki show may be, there are many,many way better shows from that era. I know some folks here frown upon what I call "fan tapes", but s**t .... there are soooo many amazing shows ( with excellent enough quality ) out there. I've traded shows/ot's/interviews for about 25 years now and I purchase ALL official releases, always and I supprot ZPZ. Not only did Frank know we traded tapes, every now and then he'd toss a tape out there. Yep, it's true. There is a BIG difference between Bootlegs and FanTapes. :wink: I am very pleased with the amount of releases comming out the past couple of years, but put simply.... I can't get enough Zappa music. Music IS the best. Thanks Frank.


absolutely FALSE. Those tapes got leaked out by band members. Frank would NEVER do that EVER for fear of being bootleged.

don't spread bad info.

Jayp is right zintar. Band members distributed those tapes. Frank HATED bootleggers.

_________________
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:05 pm
Posts: 19
Location: usa
Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:
zintar3000 wrote:
Man, I'd love to see these shows officially released. In fact, during the second night of this run of shows Frank made reference to recording the shows for a live album. Excellent performances, plus Sal Marquez was in the band for these shows. Bruce Fowler and Ian Underwood throw down some serious solos here, the lounge ( Sinatra-like ) version of Inca Roads is pretty sweet. Fifty-Fifty ( nice version ! ). I could go on and on. Some of the best versions ever of Duprees Paradise were performed on this tour ( 74 too ! ). Frank's tone is killing :twisted: As great as the Helsinki show may be, there are many,many way better shows from that era. I know some folks here frown upon what I call "fan tapes", but s**t .... there are soooo many amazing shows ( with excellent enough quality ) out there. I've traded shows/ot's/interviews for about 25 years now and I purchase ALL official releases, always and I supprot ZPZ. Not only did Frank know we traded tapes, every now and then he'd toss a tape out there. Yep, it's true. There is a BIG difference between Bootlegs and FanTapes. :wink: I am very pleased with the amount of releases comming out the past couple of years, but put simply.... I can't get enough Zappa music. Music IS the best. Thanks Frank.


absolutely FALSE. Those tapes got leaked out by band members. Frank would NEVER do that EVER for fear of being bootleged.

don't spread bad info.

Jayp is right zintar. Band members distributed those tapes. Frank HATED bootleggers.


OK. I get it. I should not have made that post. I'm not here to spread bad info or piss people off. I know FZ hated bootleggers, but I also know he knew we listened to tapes ( fans did send him corrections on dates for YCDTOSA Vol. 1 and GUITAR). Tapes, meaning traded tapes, not purchased lp's or whatever type of bootleg product for sale, fan -trade only- tapes. I have a few shows from European Fans that were, according to them, from Frank. OK, they probably lied. I'm also aware of tapes leaked by several bandmembers...gigs and rehearsals. I know alot, hehehe, I am a 'hardcore' fan :!: I've got much to offer, discussing the music anyway 8) Anyhow, no more bad info, I promise :P I'm serious, forgive me. I'd like to stick around.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group