Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:47 am 

Man, I'd love to see these shows officially released. In fact, during the second night of this run of shows Frank made reference to recording the shows for a live album. Excellent performances, plus Sal Marquez was in the band for these shows. Bruce Fowler and Ian Underwood throw down some serious solos here, the lounge ( Sinatra-like ) version of Inca Roads is pretty sweet. Fifty-Fifty ( nice version ! ). I could go on and on. Some of the best versions ever of Duprees Paradise were performed on this tour ( 74 too ! ). Frank's tone is killing :twisted: As great as the Helsinki show may be, there are many,many way better shows from that era. I know some folks here frown upon what I call "fan tapes", but s**t .... there are soooo many amazing shows ( with excellent enough quality ) out there. I've traded shows/ot's/interviews for about 25 years now and I purchase ALL official releases, always and I supprot ZPZ. Not only did Frank know we traded tapes, every now and then he'd toss a tape out there. Yep, it's true. There is a BIG difference between Bootlegs and FanTapes. :wink: I am very pleased with the amount of releases comming out the past couple of years, but put simply.... I can't get enough Zappa music. Music IS the best. Thanks Frank.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:04 pm 

zintar3000 wrote:
Man, I'd love to see these shows officially released. In fact, during the second night of this run of shows Frank made reference to recording the shows for a live album. Excellent performances, plus Sal Marquez was in the band for these shows. Bruce Fowler and Ian Underwood throw down some serious solos here, the lounge ( Sinatra-like ) version of Inca Roads is pretty sweet. Fifty-Fifty ( nice version ! ). I could go on and on. Some of the best versions ever of Duprees Paradise were performed on this tour ( 74 too ! ). Frank's tone is killing :twisted: As great as the Helsinki show may be, there are many,many way better shows from that era. I know some folks here frown upon what I call "fan tapes", but s**t .... there are soooo many amazing shows ( with excellent enough quality ) out there. I've traded shows/ot's/interviews for about 25 years now and I purchase ALL official releases, always and I supprot ZPZ. Not only did Frank know we traded tapes, every now and then he'd toss a tape out there. Yep, it's true. There is a BIG difference between Bootlegs and FanTapes. :wink: I am very pleased with the amount of releases comming out the past couple of years, but put simply.... I can't get enough Zappa music. Music IS the best. Thanks Frank.

absolutely FALSE. Those tapes got leaked out by band members. Frank would NEVER do that EVER for fear of being bootleged.

don't spread bad info.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:41 pm 

jaypfunk wrote:
zintar3000 wrote:

absolutely FALSE. Those tapes got leaked out by band members. Frank would NEVER do that EVER for fear of being bootleged.

don't spread bad info.

Jayp is right zintar. Band members distributed those tapes. Frank HATED bootleggers.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:59 pm 

Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:
zintar3000 wrote:

don't spread bad info.

Jayp is right zintar. Band members distributed those tapes. Frank HATED bootleggers.

OK. I get it. I should not have made that post. I'm not here to spread bad info or piss people off. I know FZ hated bootleggers, but I also know he knew we listened to tapes ( fans did send him corrections on dates for YCDTOSA Vol. 1 and GUITAR). Tapes, meaning traded tapes, not purchased lp's or whatever type of bootleg product for sale, fan -trade only- tapes. I have a few shows from European Fans that were, according to them, from Frank. OK, they probably lied. I'm also aware of tapes leaked by several bandmembers...gigs and rehearsals. I know alot, hehehe, I am a 'hardcore' fan :!: I've got much to offer, discussing the music anyway 8) Anyhow, no more bad info, I promise :P I'm serious, forgive me. I'd like to stick around.