Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:31 pm 

zombie1210 wrote:
Please stop.

Trendy has reached his former out of control peak.

I can't believe anyone reads his bullshit.

I can 't believe any human can have the time to even think about posting such loads of shit like he posts.

Is he some kind of shut-in of something, with no life?

We teh fans think teh torture will never stop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:33 pm 
Banned

I always try and find a point, but I'm forced to give up because his posts are such long winded diatribes.

Trendy,

shorter is better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:41 pm 

We think you're damn right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:21 pm 

My_Name_Is_Fritz wrote:
We think you're damn right.

Or, as Jack would say, "Absolutely god damned right!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:01 am 

Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
feetlightup wrote:
I'd love to have it on BetaMax.

I can offer you Frank's first 7 video releases on Beta. 8)

I thought that was you on eBay doug........ :wink:

Sorry to disappoint you guys. I don't have Beta... I was just being a jackass as usual. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:32 am 

feetlightup wrote:
Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
feetlightup wrote:

Sorry to disappoint you guys. I don't have Beta... I was just being a jackass as usual. :wink:

Oh, yeah? Well, I was only teasin' ya! I collect Zappa stuff, I don't sell it! Image

And this, buddy, buddy, buddy, is my 2,000th wise-ass post!! Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:26 am 

con crates, although it's gonna be an old-school accessory in a weeny wink of an ay-ay, ... shun shine me boy ..wosshisname? ... JuicePineappleDew. Superb.

trix&treats

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:34 am 

just plain doug wrote:
feetlightup wrote:
Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
feetlightup wrote:

Oh, yeah? Well, I was only teasin' ya! I collect Zappa stuff, I don't sell it! Image

Congrats doug:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:11 am 

I would like to reiterate that Blue Ray technology and all of it's HD Audio lossless offering as a superior advanced technology is here. Not much out on that format as of yet but when these DTS-HD and Dolby True Audio masters on Blue Ray start coming out why not a Zappa project?

Some of you fans just want to complain and make an argument or war about anything. Bit for Bit Studio Quality Lossless 24bit/96kHz is the best of what 2008 has to offer. While CD technology is still around studio mastering resolution is improving the density to be delivered for CD mastering. I still expect CDs to be produced individually because so many people have CD players and additionally a CD can be included as part of combo packages with Blue Ray Audio projects start to take off but as far as download please remember that these CD quality downloads while reported to be HD Audio are not True HD Audio and only CD quality.

I realistically do not expect my Wish List item here to be produced anytime soon but it could very well be feasible over the next 24 months. When Blue Ray projects of any artist start to get released maybe even having CD Samplers included with it help those who are in transition but if and when a True HD Audio format Happy Halloween Everybody project should be feasible to me for now it seems like a good project to request.

If some fans are out there not interested in HD Audio well why not just show interest in some other request. The possibilities are for about 100 projects so don't let some format war or your personal war against Trendmonger get in your way of making a request of your own.

I don't think my request is that unusual especially since this HD Audio technology exists and proves to be bit for bit lossless and identical to the studio master.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

Last edited by Trendmonger on Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:27 am 

Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
feetlightup wrote:
Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
feetlightup wrote:

Congrats doug:

2000? Frickin lightweight. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:12 am 

feetlightup wrote:

Easy for you to say....you had a year and half jump on me. (if you'll pardon the expression!), but thank you for the thought, I think.
And thank you Mondstar.....I actually understood what you posted! :D Now I'm really worried. :wink: {as for the link....Service Temporarily Unavailable. :x }
And you, too (oh, no, Mr. Bill. U-2!!) ya big Galoot. It's looking like you'll be passing me soon enough.
And thank you, Sabby, for the personal congats. 8)

Oh! And I don't have a Blue Ray player. [there. I'm still on topic, so no new thread! :mrgreen: ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:15 am 

just plain doug wrote:
feetlightup wrote:

Easy for you to say....you had a year and half jump on me. (if you'll pardon the expression!), but thank you for the thought, I think.
And thank you Mondstar.....I actually understood what you posted! :D Now I'm really worried. :wink: {as for the link....Service Temporarily Unavailable. :x }
And you, too (oh, no, Mr. Bill. U-2!!) ya big Galoot. It's looking like you'll be passing me soon enough.
And thank you, Sabby, for the personal congats. 8)

Oh! And I don't have a Blue Ray player. [there. I'm still on topic, so no new thread! :mrgreen: ]

I don't have a Blue Ray Player either at this point but there was a time way back when in the early 80s before I bought my first CD player. I remember my first CD Player, just happened to be a Sony CDP-101. How time sure does go by quickly and technology graces us with advancements.

I don't expect to get my first HD Player until 4th quarter of this year but by then hopefully HD audio will start being marketed on Blue Ray Format and that woudl gain my interest. My Upcoverting Multi-Format DVD Player is just fine for Hi Res Audio (DVD-A,SACD) until I get my hands on a HD Player but I do tend to think ahead and look at all the amazing possibilities for audio production.

Since I don't drink, smoke or have any large outstanding debt so to speak I can try to plan a little budget for a somewhat overhaul upgrade to my audio system. IF all some folks will ever want is a boom box, all in one solution or a portable player well thats just fine for them but for those that look to the future of HD audio some HD Blue Laser format should be marketable and eagerly anticipated.

I don't know when the ROXY DVD is going to come out but I want my ROXY in some HD Format. Hey I'll buy a DVD version if that is all that is available but I'd prefer an option for both where the HD version could have a DTS-Master Audio Soundtrack.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:28 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
I would like to reiterate that Blue Ray technology and all of it's HD Audio lossless offering as a superior advanced technology is here. Not much out on that format as of yet but when these DTS-HD and Dolby True Audio masters on Blue Ray start coming out why not a Zappa project?

Some of you fans just want to complain and make an argument or war about anything. Bit for Bit Studio Quality Lossless 24bit/96kHz is the best of what 2008 has to offer. While CD technology is still around studio mastering resolution is improving the density to be delivered for CD mastering. I still expect CDs to be produced individually because so many people have CD players and additionally a CD can be included as part of combo packages with Blue Ray Audio projects start to take off but as far as download please remember that these CD quality downloads while reported to be HD Audio are not True HD Audio and only CD quality.

I realistically do not expect my Wish List item here to be produced anytime soon but it could very well be feasible over the next 24 months. When Blue Ray projects of any artist start to get released maybe even having CD Samplers included with it help those who are in transition but if and when a True HD Audio format Happy Halloween Everybody project should be feasible to me for now it seems like a good project to request.

If some fans are out there not interested in HD Audio well why not just show interest in some other request. The possibilities are for about 100 projects so don't let some format war or your personal war against Trendmonger get in your way of making a request of your own.

I don't think my request is that unusual especially since this HD Audio technology exists and proves to be bit for bit lossless and identical to the studio master.

Trendy, if it means anything to you, I am ALL FOR IT! (2 channel)
I just hope the industry will hold on to it for some time and the "suits" deem it a profitable medium. Because as we all know is the bottom line.
G.C.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:45 am 

..and againghnn off at a tangent, the schnapps-cipher for trendy monster, to you a very special ..lemme look:

f5wen (act.) www.heathersanimations.com (plus uploaden then)

PShhhd- wished that boat wasn't so listless*

°* eh ) about to sink-esque

..to be more purrcise, # lacking zest or vivacity; "he was listless and bored"
# dispirited: marked by low spirits; showing no enthusiasm; "a dispirited and divided Party"; "reacted to the crisis with listless resignation"

# During a strong wind, the ship would list (tilt at an axis) to the port (left) or starboard (right). [ow-oh) If there was no wind, then there was no list and no movement for the ship.
https://pao.cnmoc.navy.mil/educate/nept ... ORIGIN.HTM

found with FireFoxes addon https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3665

it's getting worth, dozen it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:55 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
...And thank you Mondstar.....I actually understood what you posted! :D Now I'm really worried. :wink: {as for the link....Service Temporarily Unavailable. :x }...

I am afraid he has slipped back into the shadows. Image

Quote:
And thank you, Sabby, for the personal congats. 8)...

Your quite welcome :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:22 pm 

just plain doug wrote:

Were all chippin' in to get you one doug for your 3000th... :D
G.C.
Your choice...........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:53 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:

It was not about lauching a war. I just do not feel like investing $2000 each year on a new system. If you do, then good for you.
IMO the main perceptible improvement with HD formats is the increased picture definition, and I am not certain that a music with studio resolution is much more enjoyable.
All of this is only about marketing led by the music majors & the industials. Having been working for years for a consumer electronics manufacturer, I can tell you that the strategists and investors were complaining about the CRTs too long service life of 10 years. Once upon a time in 1999, a trend monger dreamt about transforming your regular TV set into a consommable product you need to replace every 3 years.
It seems they are just doing the same thing with your stereo...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:21 pm 

Maroual wrote:
and I am not certain that a music with studio resolution is much more enjoyable.

Then your system is seriously "lacking"
G.C.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:17 pm 

Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
Maroual wrote:
and I am not certain that a music with studio resolution is much more enjoyable.

Then your system is seriously "lacking"
G.C.

Or maybe rather my ears are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:46 pm 

Maroual wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:

I just do not feel like investing $2000 each year on a new system. If you do, then good for you.

What makes you think I spend 2,000 each year.

Last Integrated receiver I purchased was in 1982. I think it cost me $725 in 1982 US currency and the last time I checked it is 2008, 26 years later and that unit is still working quite well on a daily basis as the main receiver in my living room but I want to upgrade because of changes in technology I feel warrant new purchases. Same for speakers $750 1982 speaker purchase still working great. I want to buy surround speakers, center channel & Surround processing/amp to go along with the same speakers.

I plan on spending apx $3,000 to $4,000 later this year on AVR or Pre/pro & AMP and Center Channel & Surround speakers and this will probably last me another 20 years. By the time the HD music hits the Blue Ray format the prices will continue to drop on those players and I will add a HD Player to my system. Once again no rush on that player as the market for Audio has not even taken off but don't think it's only about video. Take a moment and read up on HD Master Audio at DTS.com

One needs to buy the equipment that is right for them analyzing the technology upgrading when they deem a significant improvement in Hi-Fidelity based on budget but i don't think I made bad choices or wasted investments along the way. For example I never invested in MP3 portables but that is just my choice. I just think the time is here where the technology upgrade is worth it for me.

I don't want to sound like I am making a commercial announcement but take a look at Sherwood Newcastle R972 if you are all in the market for a AVR that supports lossless audio, all the latest codecs and the best Room Optimization available. Not due out for a few months but something to keep an eye on but then again we could watch Cher and Beyonce on the Grammy's. To the left, to the left, the soul, the passion, give it up for the Apostrophe (') Queen. She sings you gotta be good to me but I say be good to yourself and if every once in a while a good home audio upgrade comes your way to just go ahead and do it. WE do it nice, this is the way we do Proud Mary. Upgrade.. Uprade.... Upgrade on da river. Toot Toot Toot Toot . Brown Sugar. If Frank had wrote that Jagger/Richards song I'd expect a line with some Afro Queen Battleship Ejectamenta. Toot Toot Toot Toot.............

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Last edited by Trendmonger on Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:20 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:
She sings you gotta be good to me but I say be good to yourself and if every once in a while a good home audio upgrade comes your way to just go ahead and do it. WE do it nice, this is the way we do Proud Mary. Upgrade.. Uprade.... Upgrade on da river. Toot Toot Toot Toot . Brown Sugar. Toot Toot Toot Toot.............

Oh no....you watching it too.
It's not that bad........or maybe it is...... :wink:
Maroual wrote:
I just do not feel like investing $2000 each year on a new system. If you do, then good for you.

$2000.00 on a system?
I spend that on speaker cables...... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:33 pm 

Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
She sings you gotta be good to me but I say be good to yourself and if every once in a while a good home audio upgrade comes your way to just go ahead and do it. WE do it nice, this is the way we do Proud Mary. Upgrade.. Uprade.... Upgrade on da river. Toot Toot Toot Toot . Brown Sugar. Toot Toot Toot Toot.............

Maroual wrote:

$2000.00 on a system?

The Grammy's has so far been entertaining on a pedestrian level. Actually the more I think about it I may have a few nominated projects. The latest Joni Mitchell, Steve Vai and LOVE if LOVE should be nominated. Maybe some day Cirque Du Solel can do some Zappa project. I could imagine them doing Who Are The Brain Police, Sleeping In A Jar & The Torture Never Stops to name just a few.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:37 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:
Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:

Maroual wrote:

$2000.00 on a system?

The Grammy's has so far been entertaining on a pedestrian level. Actually the more I think about it I may have a few nominated projects. The latest Joni Mitchell, Steve Vai and LOVE if LOVE should be nominated. Maybe some day Cirque Du Solel can do some Zappa project. I could imagine them doing Who Are The Brain Police & The Torture Never Stops.

Foo Fighters almost put me to sleep.
BTW it's "soleil"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:39 pm 

And now we come to the hip hop part of the program.........who will get shot I wonder?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:15 am 

Sabrina??? hooh-hooh ;.)

..Sabreenuh, kiehhkook... eh, w8... .. .

can around appRocksimately understand that Ga-geezer, cables can be costly

..a teflon connection to the moondays:

]------------2000squids-worth-of------ ! ---------[

take two tin-cans and a .... blimmin' well, is this coffee hot or what? ..it tried t' bite me tongue, bugger.

plus a
"Galoot Co-Log-Nuh"-quote, ' And now we come to the hip hop part of the program.........who will get shot I wonder?

And now what we desperately are in need of is ey rum-service, ow yeah.... a keg and 12 new chalices.

..this is about as untypical as i'm ever will be....

Last edited by Mondstar on Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:40 am, edited 2 times in total.