Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Better Communication
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:58 am 

My wish is that someone, anyone, from Team Zappa would take the time to send out a monthly update. Nothing fancy, just something to keep the fans here semi-satiated. We know plans change, deadlines might get missed, etc. but what's zappening? Is the DVD of the 2007 ZPZ line up progressing? Is there a target release date as vague as "this summer?". Do ZPZ really plan to tour in 2008? Is there anything ZPZ might want feedback on from us, the fans?

This might shift the focus away from all the negativity and build some good will. Or How Could I Be Such A Fool?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:31 pm 

psd wrote:
My wish is that someone, anyone, from Team Zappa would take the time to send out a monthly update. Nothing fancy, just something to keep the fans here semi-satiated. We know plans change, deadlines might get missed, etc. but what's zappening? Is the DVD of the 2007 ZPZ line up progressing? Is there a target release date as vague as "this summer?". Do ZPZ really plan to tour in 2008? Is there anything ZPZ might want feedback on from us, the fans?

This might shift the focus away from all the negativity and build some good will. Or How Could I Be Such A Fool?

Well I am not going to call you a fool but maybe just a little impatient or ignorant of officially published information. If any fans attention has lost focus on ZPZ plans for 2008 that is their inability to focus on Officially published documentation. I expect any Frank Zappa projects will most likely remain somewhat classified until a general pre-order phase but the scope of Vaulternative & Zappa records is well rehearsed.

I counted 10 BLOGS since last October on the ZPZ mini-site. While most BLOGs focus on the last tour one recent BLOG by Dweezil, that is less than two months old, specifically addresses NEW MATERIAL in both Live Audio & DVD projects from 2007 ZPZ TDF. Additionally Dweezil states ZPZ going back on the road in Summer 2008. My guess is that while monthly feedback could be N-Lite-ning that should the ZFT make too many BLOGs on works in progress before somewhat definitive plans are in place that history tells us that while fanatical interest does get focused on something anything that the majority of these same fans are quick to spew forth with discontent when a perceived time line is not adhered to.

I think back to where Frank was always working on many projects at once. From my perception it's pretty much the same way these days. A ZPZ Tour, ZPZ Video, Corsaga, Vaulternative, Dweezil Projects. Lots of work in progress. The ZFT have been publicly talking about all these projects. The general plans have all been spoken of in official BLOGS and interviews. In general terms we should be aware of the plans if we not only open our eyes to what they have spoken but remember it.

Most of the things you are looking for has all been publicly commented on. While I too look forward to each and every official announcement until then I tend to use my eyes and ears on official data and read it and weep on works-in-progress.

Presently my ears are enjoying Zappa Radio while looking forward to next weeks Late late Show performance. Hopefully Craig Ferguson will interview Dweezil where he will throw us a muffin. Who knows maybe as an added bonus ZPZ will even perform Muffin Man.

Just in case anyone was "sleeping in a jar" here is an excerpt from Dweezil Zappa's 16 December 2007 ZPZ BLOG.

"Speaking of new material, I plan to release a live ZPZ album from the 07 tour early next year. I am also in the process of reviewing footage that was shot by my good friend Charlie Boswell in Austin Texas for another ZPZ DVD. We filmed 30 new songs - different from the last ZPZ DVD. I will begin the process of selecting and assembling the songs for the album next week. With any luck I will be able to get that ready for release by April or May. I am definitely planning for it to be available on iTunes as well as other digital and physical retail outlets. Be on the lookout for that.

The DVD will take some more time but I also plan to have something available before we hit the road again in the summer.

I hope you all have a good -mas and a Happy New Year. We'll see you in 08!

Regards, DZ"
POSTED BY DWEEZIL ZAPPA AT 2007-12-16 18:46:16

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:59 am 

Dweezil's blog on 12/16/07 was very welcome. I am very aware of its contents, which are now 60 days old. Has Dweezil reviewed and selected the new songs for the DVD? Is the tentative release date of April/May still on track? What kind of feedback is Joe getting re: Wazoo? I know you know this, but it's called building a rapport and a positive vibe.

Not such a big deal, is it?

footnote: Why are we learning about the Late, Late Show appearance on Pete Griffin's site? Isn't that a little like asking Derek Jeter who Joe Girardi's starting pitcher is going to be on Opening Day?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:01 am 

Dweezil tends to speak English but I wish GZ would drop the cryptic crap and tell it straight.

Personally I think Zappa.com could be so much more. It's a mile wide and an inch deep and Frank's life is pretty deep. Certainly his official site could be a lot better in content.

As leader of things I'd like to see a GZ blog. Perhaps once every month, a little update of friendly insight but please no more clues and guessing games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:32 am 

Ringo wrote:
Personally I think Zappa.com could be so much more. It's a mile wide and an inch deep and Frank's life is pretty deep. Certainly his official site could be a lot better in content..

Well said Ringo,and the website is even better than it used to be.

We as fans just want to be informed,but it seems some people think that is just too much to ask. :roll:

Ain't It Funky Now...

http://www.last.fm/user/LaMarr_Bruister

Post subject: Re: Better Communication
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:14 pm 

psd wrote:

You are............they will........ answer your question?

Post subject: communications
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:12 am 
Banned

Breaking News!!!!!

Mondstar has been appointed Director Of Communications representing the ZFT.

.....I guess it could have been worse. At least it's not The Truthmangler.
8)

.....a tip 'o the hat to CBS.....Cheeky Bastard Swifty..... 8)

Post subject: Re: communications
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:06 am 

jimmie d killed the forum wrote:
Breaking News!!!!!

Mondstar has been appointed Director Of Communications representing the ZFT.

.....I guess it could have been worse. At least it's not The Truthmangler.
8)

.....a tip 'o the hat to CBS.....Cheeky Bastard Swifty..... 8)

Priceless jimmy................ :D :D :D :D ....you can't see me, but I'm giving you a STANDING OVATION for this one (trust me).
G.C.
P.S. I always thought it stood for Cousins Brothers Sisters