anybody gonna post her speech?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:36 am 

tweezers wrote:
anybody gonna post her speech?

Maybe she will publish it.
Why not send her an E-mail.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:26 am 

good idea

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:08 pm 

I emailed her about this last week..... No response.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:55 pm 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
I emailed her about this last week..... No response.

:idea:
Not that I expect her to reply to all e-mails on any given issue but possibly that is an issue that she is not commenting on at this period of time. Conceptually it sounds like a speech that could be published in a magazine or as part as some official project.

Is there not a new ensemble that is or has recently performed some unreleased Synclavier along with some other rarely or never performed compositions. I remember seeing a photo of these musicians with Gail. If an Official release became of those performances could not such a speech be feasible to include in such a project.
:idea:

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:53 am 

I e-mailed her too, it's OK if she wants it out officially, but she should say so, I wouold be happy with that.

My minor complaint is that the website should be updated at least bi-weekly with those general announcements, there would be less confusion that way, and less complaining, at least amongst those who follow the ZFT somewhat closely

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:10 am 

tweezers wrote:
I e-mailed her too, it's OK if she wants it out officially, but she should say so, I wouold be happy with that.

My minor complaint is that the website should be updated at least bi-weekly with those general announcements, there would be less confusion that way, and less complaining, at least amongst those who follow the ZFT somewhat closely

Catch 22

What you are talking about is bi-monthly communication on the many works in progress. Look at the quote on the Uncle Meat LP. It was two decades before the release of Uncle Meat the Movie. I don't know we have Zappa radio. I expect with the new ZPZ tour that blogs and new product will start up soon. I expect a new page for the ZPZ TDF DVD but with the works in progress i woudl guess by previous comments is a very busy schedule. If you are really that bored maybe Gail can give us an update on the foliage outside her kitchen window. Maybe a bi-monthly foliage photo. Oxygen is good . Try taking a deep breath and let's thank the plants.

Hey by no means is Gail just watching the foliage . She's working 24x7 protecting and serving FZs work. How frequently we get News Updates should not be cause for the complaint pendulum ejectamenta.

History tells us that too much communication has an effect whereby the Fanaskeptasaureous only complain more. It's the nature that work-in- progress can change in contents and the vehicles by which they transport themselves from the artists domain to the world at large.[url]

http://www.narip.com/gallery/main.php?g ... alNumber=2[/url]

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:23 pm 

God, what a Fullofcrapasaurus. More like 24x7 keeping lawyers employed. Using the example of Uncle Meat to defend a poorly updated website is hilarious. I'm starting to think that you are really David Cross, and that this has been the funniest hoax ever. Thanks for the laughs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:39 am 

I think the communication could be better around here.

Even when Gail does comment I often feel like a complete moron to what she is saying.

I think people will complain about the updates, you know second guessing how long a product takes to get out of backorder, how much it costs, when it will be released, but I still think it's better to be up front.

I also think if you look at Trent's (NIN) model. All sides are covered. If you want the blu ray (Trendy) you can have it. If you want lossless downloads, he's got them. If the cd is out stock, you can download etc. It presents many opportunities to get the package into the fans hands in every imaginable way.

Silence is not effective.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:48 pm 

HelloItsMe wrote:
God, what a Fullofcrapasaurus. More like 24x7 keeping lawyers employed. Using the example of Uncle Meat to defend a poorly updated website is hilarious. I'm starting to think that you are really David Cross, and that this has been the funniest hoax ever. Thanks for the laughs.

Sorry man, David Cross would never dumb down his act that much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:37 am 

BillyDaMt wrote:
Sorry man, David Cross would never dumb down his act that much.

Hear Hear!

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

Post subject: Robert Fripp
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:27 pm 

I like Robert Fripp's approach. If you don't like how something is or how something is done then please feel free to leave at any time. No hard feelings.

8)

"You people act like you're tourists, man!"
(paraphrasing) Joni Mitchell

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:27 pm 

[quote="immersive"]I like Robert Fripp's approach. If you don't like how something is or how something is done then please feel free to leave at any time. No hard feelings.

...and dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way ou