Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 581 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 24  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:02 pm 

Zurkon_Wax wrote:
slime.oofytv.set wrote:
zurkon_wax wrote:
...bought my first Zappa record in 1971 "Chunga's Revenge" now i have that record 26 times on vinyl ...
. . . . . . . . . wtf, 26 copies Image

26 vinyl albums was not correct i have only 23 vinyl plus 3 cd

That's pretty awesome, but what made you decide to pick Chunga's Revenge? I mean it's a great album but, imo not his best.

Is it just because it was the first you bought?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:22 am 

Yes, you are right "Chunga's Revenge" was my first Zappa Album
Here's a picture from the label of the Mexican pressing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:50 am 

claimed to be a zimbabwean pressing:

-----------------------------------------------------------

next time one of these crosses my path, it's yours:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .venezuela. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .turkey. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .uruguay or argentina/music•hall :?

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:05 am 

[quote="slime.oofytv.set"]next time one of these crosses my path, it's yours

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .venezuela. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .turkey. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .uruguay
Are you sure that the one in the middle is from Turkey?, it's looks exactly
as the one from Greece

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:20 am 

zurkon_wax wrote:
Are you sure that the one in the middle is from Turkey?, it's looks exactly as the one from Greece

not sure at all, it was claimed to be from turkey; it is identical to your greek label ... maybe the sleeve was printed in turkey, but that's unlikely

indonesian tape

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:22 am 

Zurkon_Wax wrote:
slime.oofytv.set wrote:
zurkon_wax wrote:
...bought my first Zappa record in 1971 "Chunga's Revenge" now i have that record 26 times on vinyl ...
. . . . . . . . . wtf, 26 copies Image

26 vinyl albums was not correct i have only 23 vinyl plus 3 cd

That is fucking amazing. My hat's off to you sir.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:57 am 

Here's another nice picture of some Zappa vinyl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:13 am 

Zurkon_Wax wrote:
Here's another nice picture of some Zappa vinyl

I saw that "2 Originals" this weekend for $50 at a record shop in KC. I'd never seen it before, but It reminded me of Pink Floyd's "A Nice Pair". Either way, I didn't have enough money to buy it. They also had this!
Image (I didn't buy it either)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:53 pm 

zurkon, zurkon, zurkon...more wonderful stuff!
i almost bought "the worst of the mothers" when i was about 13, but did buy "the #@%* of the mothers", with it's pseudo cal schenkel cover. and i got "frank zappa and the mothers of invention" (turquoise cover, possibly a john peel collection. it's great) as a present that same year from a defunct ( i think) retail store called avco. ah, memories. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:31 am 

Some of my 7" ,only the one with picture sleeves

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:32 am 

more great items zurkon, thanks

what is that lp with the big chunga photo ¿ [next to f zappa y mothers]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:16 pm 

slime.oofytv.set wrote:

It's a Dutch Bookclub issue from 1974, side 1 is from Chunga the other side is Uncle Meat
Here are the labels

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:27 pm 

Having just joined this forum and also being a vinyl head I thought I would look at this thread. Now I feel belittled by some of the great stuff you all have.
The only thing I have that I havent seen mentioned is a free flexi-disc (yes I know its not strictly vinyl) from the melody maker (UK) that had sharleena live on it, with Dweeze on guitar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:18 pm 

excellent zurkon, thanks, never knew that was an official relelase

arf she said wrote:
...flexi-disc ... that had sharleena ...
. . . . . . . . . Image

sharleena [evatone 8" flexi-disc] guitar player, jan-87, usa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:25 am 

Zurkon_Wax wrote:
slime.oofytv.set wrote:

It's a Dutch Bookclub issue from 1974, side 1 is from Chunga the other side is Uncle Meat
Here are the labels

What's that track on the Uncle Meat side entitled "400 Hundred Days of the Year"? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:53 am 

I'm gonna guess "Nine Types of Industrial Pollution." It's the closest thing to 5:56, clocking in at 6:00 on the Ryko Remaster. I'd love to have this confirmed, though, if anyone can help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:29 am 

What's that track on the Uncle Meat side entitled "400 Hundred Days of the Year"? :?[/quote]

That's one of the reasons i think the record is older than 1974 maybe 1971
because the error of the track "Nine Types of Industrial Pollution" is only made on the first issues of "Uncle Meat".
I have a USA prome with the same error
See picture

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:31 am 

Thank you! Do you know if the misprint was a result of a last-minute title change by FZ or just a random gaff?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:45 am 

Arf she said wrote:
Having just joined this forum and also being a vinyl head I thought I would look at this thread. Now I feel belittled by some of the great stuff you all have.
The only thing I have that I havent seen mentioned is a free flexi-disc (yes I know its not strictly vinyl) from the melody maker (UK) that had sharleena live on it, with Dweeze on guitar.

Another flexidisc

zomby truth Wrote
"Thank you! Do you know if the misprint was a result of a last-minute title change by FZ or just a random gaff?"

Good question, i don't know but its something to look into

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:58 pm 

Although I now own a huge FZ vinyl collection, I do regret not
buying two copies of Lumpy Gravy I came across in a record
shop in Madrid circa 1985. I was travelling Europe at the time
and it didn't seem realistic to add them to my backpack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:11 am 

Most of my Zappa is on vinyl, but over the last couple of years I've been slowly buying the newer cds from sites like amazon.com and at ZPZ shows to fill out my collection. So far I've enjoyed the few ZFT releases that I've bought, but I haven't really been blown away like when I find a cool Zappa record that I've never heard for 10 bucks and listened to it for the first time. Well, I just bought Joe's Menage and I figured while I was at it I should pick up Wazoo and Imaginary Diseases and at least save on shipping. Holy Shit! First off, I think Joe's Menage is very cool, but the other two are AWESOME. I can't stop listening to Imaginary Diseases! Up until now I've been avoiding the higher priced double cds , but Wazoo is definitely worth it!

Why aren't these released on vinyl yet? Both are packaged like records with their gatefolds and their inserts! Wazoo even has inner sleeves! I think they could do a limited edition run of 1000 copies on 180g vinyl and sell them for the same price as the cds. I bet they'd sell out so fast it would make make their heads spin!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:27 am 

jabba wrote:
Most of my Zappa is on vinyl, but over the last couple of years I've been slowly buying the newer cds from sites like amazon.com and at ZPZ shows to fill out my collection. So far I've enjoyed the few ZFT releases that I've bought, but I haven't really been blown away like when I find a cool Zappa record that I've never heard for 10 bucks and listened to it for the first time. Well, I just bought Joe's Menage and I figured while I was at it I should pick up Wazoo and Imaginary Diseases and at least save on shipping. Holy Shit! First off, I think Joe's Menage is very cool, but the other two are AWESOME. I can't stop listening to Imaginary Diseases! Up until now I've been avoiding the higher priced double cds , but Wazoo is definitely worth it!

Why aren't these released on vinyl yet? Both are packaged like records with their gatefolds and their inserts! Wazoo even has inner sleeves! I think they could do a limited edition run of 1000 copies on 180g vinyl and sell them for the same price as the cds. I bet they'd sell out so fast it would make make their heads spin!

Gail did mention in some thread (I'm still looking for which one) that on some future FZ releases they are considering putting them on vinyl. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:47 pm 

Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
jabba wrote:

Gail did mention in some thread (I'm still looking for which one) that on some future FZ releases they are considering putting them on vinyl. 8)

That's good to hear. I want to get some new 180 gram vinyl releases.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:01 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:51 pm 

Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
Gail did mention in some thread (I'm still looking for which one) that on some future FZ releases they are considering putting them on vinyl.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 581 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 24  Next