Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: guitar book for zpz 3 cd
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:35 am 

i think a guitar tab book for the 3cd zappa plays zappa would be amazing god knows how long it would take to transcribe it but i would definately buy a copy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 7:48 am 

I think it would be great if Dweezil released a book of some of the tougher transcriptions that the band have done. Some of the stuff is ultra accurate and I'd love to see the transcriptions for tracks they have done like: G-Spot Tornado, Dog Meat, Zomby Woof, Inca Roads, What's New In Baltimore, Echidna's Arf (Of You) and I'm sure they are tackling some even harder tracks for this next tour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:17 pm 

Nack Blapkin wrote:
I think it would be great if Dweezil released a book of some of the tougher transcriptions that the band have done. Some of the stuff is ultra accurate and I'd love to see the transcriptions for tracks they have done like: G-Spot Tornado, Dog Meat, Zomby Woof, Inca Roads, What's New In Baltimore, Echidna's Arf (Of You) and I'm sure they are tackling some even harder tracks for this next tour.

No shit that would rule.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:17 am 

I'd rather they put out books from the official albums (like the Hot Rats and Apostrophe and up-coming Over-nite Sensation books) instead of wasting time on cover versions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:26 am 

hodgy wrote:
I'd rather they put out books from the official albums (like the Hot Rats and Apostrophe and up-coming Over-nite Sensation books) instead of wasting time on cover versions.

Yeah, that would be great also. And they have put out some. But almost all of the songs the ZPZ band play are exact copies of certain versions from official albums. I remember Dweezil saying that in an interview. And since they probably have written it all out anyway, the works done. They just need to publish it.