Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:29 am 

Dancing Man at least deserves the opportunity. Only 2 West Coast gigs? I can understand the SoCal roots, but we have the Mudshark, and maybe you can play "We're Turnin Again" at Hendrixs' Mausoleum. We love what you are doing......please consider bringing it back.

"Music is the Best"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:52 am 

Hell yeah, play at the Central. That way I can bypass the $120 tickets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:06 am 

Maybe because Seattle is nowhere between Chicago and Bridgeport.

Ever booked yourself a tour before?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:08 am 

I'll tell you why, because you don't fit into the scheme of things, it's best you just catch up on you tube for that spontaneous live feel. Wait for the free downloads of, get this, your special evening with ZPZ. I mean fuck off and feed me more shit please because I'm a Zappa fan and I love to eat shit. That's it isn't it we'll gladly eat shit because we like the music of Frank Zappa. Oh! wouldn't it be so cool to have an MP3 of our evening together darling,,.... hang on could you just hold the line while I vomit my integrity all over the floor, carrots, peas, oh and whats this a ROXY DVD, better wipe it before we stick it in.
I think Dweezil should stop wasting his money on stupid advertising agency's advice on capitalizing on the internet and concentrate on WORLD TOURS FOR THE ONLY TRUE EARTH MUSIC and that music is the music of Frank Zappa for all his shit eating fans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:16 am 
Banned

lao tzu wrote:
I'll tell you why, because you don't fit into the scheme of things, it's best you just catch up on you tube for that spontaneous live feel. Wait for the free downloads of, get this, your special evening with ZPZ. I mean fuck off and feed me more shit please because I'm a Zappa fan and I love to eat shit. That's it isn't it we'll gladly eat shit because we like the music of Frank Zappa. Oh! wouldn't it be so cool to have an MP3 of our evening together darling,,.... hang on could you just hold the line while I vomit my integrity all over the floor, carrots, peas, oh and whats this a ROXY DVD, better wipe it before we stick it in.
I think Dweezil should stop wasting his money on stupid advertising agency's advice on capitalizing on the internet and concentrate on WORLD TOURS FOR THE ONLY TRUE EARTH MUSIC and that music is the music of Frank Zappa for all his shit eating fans.

What's your REAL opinion?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:10 pm 

Help, I'm a Rock wrote:
lao tzu wrote:
WORLD TOURS FOR THE ONLY TRUE EARTH MUSIC and that music is the music of Frank Zappa

What's your REAL opinion?

If the Roxy DVD is released on one of these small gigs and the whole thing is an advertising generating exercise then the rest of world his toured then that would make me laugh my head and I would buy the R DVD like of course but if the rest of the world misses out then that suxs big time. Do you have any idea what it's like living in Australia!!!!!! it is sooo fucking boring.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:34 pm 

I wonder if Frank were still alive would DZ have done this? There are some really nice small places to do a show here in the bay area but maybe next time.

For Acoustics I'd pick the Concord Pavilion. That place is unreal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:46 am 

Huck_Phlem wrote:
I wonder if Frank were still alive would DZ have done this? There are some really nice small places to do a show here in the bay area but maybe next time.

For Acoustics I'd pick the Concord Pavilion. That place is unreal.

My last time there the draconian Concord PD got me for no front license plate--they were pulling every car over they could on the way into that place. Even for George Duke and Stanley Clarke it was a downer--I'll probably never go back there no matter how good it sounds.

What about Great American Music Hall? Or, Rio Theater in Santa Cruz (big bias there), or countless other nice small places we have around these parts????

Greek Theater at UCB ain't bad either, but it is not a small venue.

Hey I know...Circle Star! (Long gone, thankfully, I think...)

Hollywood is simply too far with gas prices such as they are today. I did drive down farther to see these guys at Morongo, but that was then and I am too broke now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:38 am 

Scrub the upside of my klein bottle with desperate poodles. Tinsulate my unctuous vander waals. Spectate the depths of the purple grassroots tuna marching festival and slot check nostropunctuality.

I can understand the lack of nonzero vector fields on 2-sphere, but why Dweez, oh WHY????

No Seattle dates this fall? What about our preXmas sarduccio? The one with the black leather ornamints, crenillated with diasporadia and Republicans? Since when will the windmill of spectra sequences humping a dry but festive sea lion explain the lack of ZPZ Perf Orman says (we've heard far too much of Suze). I know that there's a certain faction of goons who try to convince everyone that life like everythiong else, but really, Dweez. A simple decomposition of the random Poincare groupie is worth 2 free beers and if you can ALWAYS shrink that infinitely stretchable rubber band in your 2 manifold, then your manifold is homotopic to a simple sphere. Forthwith, such a manifold also admits no no zero vector fields.

So, inc closing, let me iterate or by now reinterate that not only would you be moist welcome here in Seattle, but c'mon over for dinner.

Waddaya say, Dweez?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:24 pm 

Thanks Dweez, Gail and the munificent pumpkins of eternal deeelite!

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:58 pm 

Buster Highmen wrote:
Thanks Dweez, Gail and the munificent pumpkins of eternal deeelite!

ditto

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:25 pm 

They came through eh? The Triple Door shows sure were awesome. Hope you made it.