Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:16 am
Posts: 19
Location: Portugal
Who played that feeling of saxophone? Albert Wing?
What a great song, and Frank´s solo is answome.
One of the greatest live songs,ever!
Feeling!

_________________
Music is the best.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:26 am 
Offline
Banned
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:25 pm
Posts: 4071
Location: Silver Spring, Maryland
zappendrix wrote:
Who played that feeling of saxophone? Albert Wing?
What a great song, and Frank´s solo is answome.
One of the greatest live songs,ever!
Feeling!

That would be Michael Brecker. Albert Wing is not a part of this version.

This track is a combination of two different live bands.

The Palladium, NYC
December 26, 1976

Guitar solo:
Bismarck Theater, Chicago, Illinois
November 23, 1984, early show


musicians 1976:
FZ--lead guitar/vocal
Ray White--guitar/vocals
Eddie Jobson--keyboards
Ruth Underwood--percussion
David Samuels--timpani, vibes
Patrick O'Hearn--bass
Terry Bozzio--drums
Michael Brecker--tenor sax solo
Randy Brecker--trumpet
Lou Marini--alto sax
Ronnie Cuber--baritone sax
Tom Malone--trombone

musicians 1984:
FZ--lead guitar/vocal
Ike Willis--guitar/vocal
Ray White--guitar/vocal
Bobby Martin--keyboards/sax/vocal
Alan Zavod--keyboards
Scott Thunes--bass
Chad Wackerman--drums

_________________
"If Frank Zappa cut a fart and mixed it to stereo, I'd buy it!" - jimmie d


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:16 am
Posts: 19
Location: Portugal
Thank you very much for your reply friend.

Frank Zappa, forever the best.

_________________
Music is the best.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:11 pm
Posts: 1262
Location: new.. perfect... AMERICA
jimmie d killed the forum wrote:
zappendrix wrote:
Who played that feeling of saxophone? Albert Wing?
What a great song, and Frank´s solo is answome.
One of the greatest live songs,ever!
Feeling!

That would be Michael Brecker. Albert Wing is not a part of this version.

This track is a combination of two different live bands.

The Palladium, NYC
December 26, 1976

Guitar solo:
Bismarck Theater, Chicago, Illinois
November 23, 1984, early show


musicians 1976:
FZ--lead guitar/vocal
Ray White--guitar/vocals
Eddie Jobson--keyboards
Ruth Underwood--percussion
David Samuels--timpani, vibes
Patrick O'Hearn--bass
Terry Bozzio--drums
Michael Brecker--tenor sax solo
Randy Brecker--trumpet
Lou Marini--alto sax
Ronnie Cuber--baritone sax
Tom Malone--trombone

musicians 1984:
FZ--lead guitar/vocal
Ike Willis--guitar/vocal
Ray White--guitar/vocal
Bobby Martin--keyboards/sax/vocal
Alan Zavod--keyboards
Scott Thunes--bass
Chad Wackerman--drums


My original Ryko CD release doesn't credit the '84 date/band. Did they fix this for the remaster?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:07 am 
Offline
Banned
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:25 pm
Posts: 4071
Location: Silver Spring, Maryland
zomby truth wrote:
My original Ryko CD release doesn't credit the '84 date/band. Did they fix this for the remaster?

No. The liner notes to both issues are incomplete.

_________________
"If Frank Zappa cut a fart and mixed it to stereo, I'd buy it!" - jimmie d


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group