Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: More Tab Books!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:38 am 

Hey all,
New here and not sure if this has been discussed, but as a guitar player, I love to try to play Zappa tunes and while I have Hot Rats and Apostrophe, I wish there were more tab books available! I was contacted by Amazon.com about Over-night Sensation coming out on Tab, even bought it, but then they said it's not going to be released? I would love a tab book of that album, along with just about any of the others!!

Post subject: Re: More Tab Books!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:01 pm 

It would be nice if an anthology book came out featuring some of the more guitar worthy compositions and I'm not talking about the more lengthy solos such as the SUAPYG stuff but more written stuff like echidna's arf. As a complete album though, OSFA would be great.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:13 pm 

i was just asking about a reissue of the zappa vai book, its got loads of good stuff in it, but i think its all dots with no tab, and its been out of print forever. surely they could knock that one out pretty quick and it would go like hotcakes.....

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:39 pm 

dunnged1616 wrote:
i was just asking about a reissue of the zappa vai book, its got loads of good stuff in it, but i think its all dots with no tab, and its been out of print forever. surely they could knock that one out pretty quick and it would go like hotcakes.....

I bought that back in the 80's when it first came out even though I couldn't read music. I tried to transcribe a little bit of it to tab and eventually sold it. I see now that some people are trying to sell it for some god awful prices on amazon. Just like I should have kept all my old baseball cards, I should have kept the Frank Zappa Guitar Book.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:17 am 

Got someone's PM, but can't read it yet as I don't have 10 posts. I will do my best.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:07 am 

amyjared wrote:
Got someone's PM, but can't read it yet as I don't have 10 posts. I will do my best.

That was me.......ebick

Post subject: re: fz guitar book
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:02 pm 

never could figure out why zappa never re-printed his guitar book, they'd sell hundreds of copies, 50 bucks a shot; same with them or us