Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:15 am
Posts: 1321
Location: Croatia, Europe
Ok, I dont get it... why there isnt 40th Uncle Meat anniversary? will there be one? I would like to hear and see orginal LP release on single CD, I think that's possible, watcha all think about diz one? :wink:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:24 pm
Posts: 1707
Location: Birmingham, AL
All things are possible, but not everything is (as) profitable.

_________________
NJP


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:15 am
Posts: 1321
Location: Croatia, Europe
thatstuffisverybadforyou wrote:
All things are possible, but not everything is (as) profitable.

i dont see who wouldnt buy LP reissue without those 80's bonuses

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 12:58 pm
Posts: 2142
Location: Birmingham, AL
Flea wrote:
thatstuffisverybadforyou wrote:
All things are possible, but not everything is (as) profitable.

i dont see who wouldnt buy LP reissue without those 80's bonuses

I just don't think it makes much sense from a maketing standpoint to release the album with less material. Aren't those Ryko CDs pretty cheap now anyway?

While I don't care for the extras, I've always thought it was odd how many people are truly bothered by them. The skip button exists for a reason.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 6:48 am
Posts: 6290
Location: Your Mom's Box
The UM CD mix sucks.

_________________
Make your checks payable to QUENTIN ROBERT DeNAMELAND, Greatest Living Philostopher Known to Mankind.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 12:58 pm
Posts: 2142
Location: Birmingham, AL
jaypfunk wrote:
The UM CD mix sucks.

Yeah. Frank definitely went a little nuts with the digital reverb. I have no strong preference with the mix on "Mr. Green Genes" though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:15 am
Posts: 1321
Location: Croatia, Europe
madcow1515 wrote:
Flea wrote:
I just don't think it makes much sense from a maketing standpoint to release the album with less material. Aren't those Ryko CDs pretty cheap now anyway?

While I don't care for the extras, I've always thought it was odd how many people are truly bothered by them. The skip button exists for a reason.


well maybe some of us dont like to switch CD just to listen to King Kong :x

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2003 11:12 am
Posts: 952
Location: Norway
Flea wrote:
well maybe some of us dont like to switch CD just to listen to King Kong :x


I enjoy switching LP sides to listen to King Kong :mrgreen:

_________________
Image
http://www.zappafrenzy.com

"I refuse to become what you call normal"
Lemmy Caution


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:40 am
Posts: 120
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
It's really not that difficult to burn a single CD containing the original Uncle Meat tracks without the bonus stuff.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:15 am
Posts: 1321
Location: Croatia, Europe
TwentySmallCigars wrote:
It's really not that difficult to burn a single CD containing the original Uncle Meat tracks without the bonus stuff.

:roll:
why then to even buy orginal albums?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:40 am
Posts: 120
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Nobody suggested that you don't buy original albums. All you have to do is:

1. Buy the Rykodisc Uncle Meat.
2. Burn the contents of Disc One and the King Kong portions of Disc Two to a single CD.
3. Problem solved.

If the ZFT is going to release a 40th Anniversary Uncle Meat (which I desperately hope they do) I hope there is more to it than just a single CD consisting of previously released material that I can create myself at home.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:16 am
Posts: 2472
I think I'm streets ahead with my LP of Uncle Meat. The best sounding vinyl, fantastic artwork and the big booklet.
I've never even heard the CD version 8)

_________________
"drums are too noisy, 'n you've got no corners to hide in"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 15071
I'm with people on this! Who wants to go through the agonizing task of pushing the Next button every time the Uncle Meat movie stuff comes up? Better to eliminate that 2-3 seconds of hell.

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 12:58 pm
Posts: 2142
Location: Birmingham, AL
thenoisydrum wrote:
I think I'm streets ahead with my LP of Uncle Meat. The best sounding vinyl, fantastic artwork and the big booklet.
I've never even heard the CD version 8)

Yeah, I have two copies of the album on vinyl, and neither one has the booklet. However, one of them is a 1970s reissue that I bought still sealed a few years ago. Can't get much more pristine than that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:15 am
Posts: 1321
Location: Croatia, Europe
calvin2hikers wrote:
I'm with people on this! Who wants to go through the agonizing task of pushing the Next button every time the Uncle Meat movie stuff comes up? Better to eliminate that 2-3 seconds of hell.

I wont pay for something that I dont appreciate :!:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 15071
Flea wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
I'm with people on this! Who wants to go through the agonizing task of pushing the Next button every time the Uncle Meat movie stuff comes up? Better to eliminate that 2-3 seconds of hell.

I wont pay for something that I dont appreciate :!:


So you love absolutely every track on every other Zappa album and don't skip any? What's the difference?

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:15 am
Posts: 1321
Location: Croatia, Europe
calvin2hikers wrote:
Flea wrote:
So you love absolutely every track on every other Zappa album and don't skip any? What's the difference?

:o
and you dont!?

EDIT:
listen, I'm not here to argue, it's going in wrong direction...
I'm just sayin' that that double CD edition is pointless

and I dont buy "worthless" albums

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:40 am
Posts: 120
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
So, even though the double CD contains all the music that would be contained on a single CD, the fact that there are some extra tracks on the double that you don't like makes it 'worthless' to you? But if someone else (like the ZFT) ripped the songs you like onto a single disc for you and sold it to you, it would then not be 'pointless'?

Wow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 15071
Flea wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
Flea wrote:
So you love absolutely every track on every other Zappa album and don't skip any? What's the difference?

:o
and you dont!?

EDIT:
listen, I'm not here to argue, it's going in wrong direction...
I'm just sayin' that that double CD edition is pointless

and I dont buy "worthless" albums


So.. did you get the 2 disc or 4 disc Making Of Freak Out? 8)

I don't want to argue either.

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:15 am
Posts: 1321
Location: Croatia, Europe
calvin2hikers wrote:
So.. did you get the 2 disc or 4 disc Making Of Freak Out? 8)

I don't want to argue either.


I have 4 disc edition :lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:08 pm
Posts: 4
"Uncle Meat? - more than likely we can do an audio-documentary"
Gail Zappa

Let's just hope this doesn't go the way of the Roxy performances :evil: :evil:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 6:48 am
Posts: 6290
Location: Your Mom's Box
just rip the fucking tracks and make your own. even tho it's its the shitty remix.

_________________
Make your checks payable to QUENTIN ROBERT DeNAMELAND, Greatest Living Philostopher Known to Mankind.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2002 6:20 pm
Posts: 599
tweezerglint wrote:
"Uncle Meat? - more than likely we can do an audio-documentary"
Gail Zappa

Let's just hope this doesn't go the way of the Roxy performances :evil: :evil:



I don't know.....it seems that the 40th anniversary discs don't always come out exactly on the 40th anniversary. But maybe I'm not seeing it right?

I think if the other anniversary sets sell well,then this will show up. Did everyone buy Greasy Love Songs????? Maybe it selling will make this one show-up faster. Hmmmm....???


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2003 11:37 am
Posts: 514
The ZFT needs to release a 40th of UNCLE MEAT!

It's the summation of "The Mothers of Invention" PERIOD.

It's DADA.
It's important .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:53 pm
Posts: 638
Location: ger-money
We're coming to the beginning of a new era wherein the development of the inner self is the most important thing.
:cry: :?:
:lol: :?:
:? :?

_________________
god, what a cheap bubble machine!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group