Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:18 pm 

jaypfunk wrote:
the video may not 100% complete only because a lot of the cameras ran out of film at the same time during different parts of the shows.

Isn't that one reason why you have multiple cameras? So you can continue filming uninterrupted? Frustrating.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:39 pm 

jaypfunk wrote:
PenguinInBondage wrote:
I have absolutely no problem with seeing stillshots during the segments that are missing video. Does anyone else?
nope! or even synced up vid from other songs, maybe in slow motion or something like that.
Or insert a ragged French street artist amusing/annoying pedestrians by eating cigarettes ( as seen on VFH ) -- :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:46 pm 

I'd accept a blank, empty screen in those sections if it meant releasing sometime before I leave this Earth. :smoke:

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:06 pm 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
I'd accept a blank, empty screen in those sections if it meant releasing sometime before I leave this Earth. :smoke:

No shit.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:33 pm 

buffalo_voice wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:
PenguinInBondage wrote:
I have absolutely no problem with seeing stillshots during the segments that are missing video. Does anyone else?
nope! or even synced up vid from other songs, maybe in slow motion or something like that.
Or insert a ragged French street artist amusing/annoying pedestrians by eating cigarettes ( as seen on VFH ) -- :)

hehehehehehehehehe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:24 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:
the video may not 100% complete only because a lot of the cameras ran out of film at the same time during different parts of the shows.

Isn't that one reason why you have multiple cameras? So you can continue filming uninterrupted? Frustrating.

I don't think any of us can speak for the film crew. The Woodstock movie and the excessive and very expensive amounts of work done to get that completed is a bit of history that teaches a lesson. As far as what Frank had to work with or what Gail now has to work with some very interesting production decisions are to be made. We don't know how many songs are interrupted by these tape changes but that is a decision for Gail to make of what to do. I'll certainly speak boldly where I would be very happy to have some image appear with music track going on so as much as possible of the audio experience appears in unison with the visual. Let's say they have the entire audio but X amount of breaks in film. I would imagine two production edits could appear on the project. One with only concert sections that contained Audio & Video where workable video can be synced to audio and another that has audio of all performances in it's entirety where any missing video for a given audio segment contains a screen image or a set of screen images. The inserted images can include a wide array of creativeness or be simple. It's all Gail's call and what she thinks is best but as a fan with this particular project I would enjoy getting as much as possible with a set of multiple production edits. As far as the soundtrack I've been looking forward to that for years. I never viewed it as a video only production.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

Last edited by Trendmonger on Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:29 pm 

Jesus Christ... go back to feeding the monkeys. You have to come over here and fuck this thread up too now? :evil:

Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:38 pm 

Get ready for battle, Turdmonger is back. Where is Jaypfunk?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:09 am 

buffalo_voice wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:
PenguinInBondage wrote:

Y'know, that's FZ's crazy, brilliant mind - inserting that French con artist was a stroke of genius, I love it. It flows so beautifully with the music, and adds some strange depth. Necessity is... I understand that creativity isn't the primary task of the ZFT - they're here to serve the legacy - but they could get in touch with a real artist and do something with the material. I shouldn't even be surprised if someone like Martin Scorsese might be interested, if only they would give him space and creative freedom. He has served The Band, The Rolling Stones and Dylan well, and understands that era. And he has the whole underground scene in New York under the skin, what with Fluxus, Jonas Mekas, Stan Brakhage and the rest... Even I am surprised at how good this pipe dream is... :idea:

Synching up material is sometimes a problem, but people find solutions, even in film school... To be halted by it at this stage is sophomoric, as Buffalo Voice would say...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:56 am 

Dark Clothes wrote:
Y'know, that's FZ's crazy, brilliant mind - inserting that French con artist was a stroke of genius, I love it. It flows so beautifully with the music, and adds some strange depth. Necessity is... I understand that creativity isn't the primary task of the ZFT - they're here to serve the legacy - but they could get in touch with a real artist and do something with the material. I shouldn't even be surprised if someone like Martin Scorsese might be interested, if only they would give him space and creative freedom. He has served The Band, The Rolling Stones and Dylan well, and understands that era. And he has the whole underground scene in New York under the skin, what with Fluxus, Jonas Mekas, Stan Brakhage and the rest... Even I am surprised at how good this pipe dream is... :idea:

Synching up material is sometimes a problem, but people find solutions, even in film school... To be halted by it at this stage is sophomoric, as Buffalo Voice would say...

Actually Scorsese just did the doc on George Harrison. It's broadcasting on HBO in 2-parts next week!

Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:15 am 

I think I'm in the minority but I like the epilepsy-inducing flash edits and the claymation worked in and other inserts or overlays (cheesy ones especially). Watching staright concert footage can be a bit of a drag unless you are a musician, want to study what they do.

It would really be funny if they included the Scanners Head Explosion over 'n over again throughout the film!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:27 am 

brainpang wrote:
I think I'm in the minority but I like the epilepsy-inducing flash edits and the claymation worked in and other inserts or overlays (cheesy ones especially). Watching staright concert footage can be a bit of a drag unless you are a musician, want to study what they do.

It would really be funny if they included the Scanners Head Explosion over 'n over again throughout the film!

I love the claymation, but the flash edits are like strobe lights to me -- I'm one of those people that gets nauseous easily, I guess. :cry:

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 7:12 pm 

Nearly 40 years for this.....At this rate, my kids will be in their 60's bitching, where is my dad's fucking download !

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 7:28 pm 

OBDULA X wrote:
Nearly 40 years for this.....At this rate, my kids will be in their 60's bitching, where is my dad's fucking download !

Everyone got a download... :smoke:

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 4:00 am 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:37 pm 

Who gives a shit whether this is released or not. It's just another rock concert dvd that people will get tired of eventually. The anticipation factor vs. the realization/satisfaction factor will be so disproportionate that zappa fans will be slitting their throats in droves when they realize that there miserable lives are pretty much the same after the release of this. You folks need to find another hobby. Frank was great but he's been dead for 20 years. Sign up for a gardening or a yoga class. It will do you some good.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:42 pm 

KUIII wrote:
Who gives a shit whether this is released or not. It's just another rock concert dvd that people will get tired of eventually. The anticipation factor vs. the realization/satisfaction factor will be so disproportionate that zappa fans will be slitting their throats in droves when they realize that there miserable lives are pretty much the same after the release of this. You folks need to find another hobby. Frank was great but he's been dead for 20 years. Sign up for a gardening or a yoga class. It will do you some good.

People love being told what to do. (And no, I don't care about the Roxy DVD.)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:38 pm 

KUIII wrote:

Go blow your father, stupid.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:10 pm 

Ah, jayp, you're so subtle. Love it!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:49 pm 

KUIII wrote:

KillUgly3 with a Chico 'tude? Are you the same bro'/dude? Is Paradice lost forever now? :?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:11 pm 

There was a time when I thought the Roxy dvd would be a nice little addition to the catalog. Not life-changing or essential but pretty cool. After 10 years though don't you kinda have to move on? I apologize for being preachy about it though it is fun to stir jayp's pot (and it doesn't take much with him).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:30 pm 

?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:51 pm 

OBDULA X wrote:
?

Another one of yours?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:28 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
OBDULA X wrote:
?

Another one of yours?

?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:55 pm 

jaypfunk wrote:
KUIII wrote:

Go blow your father, stupid.

Thanks for the recommendation. While it may have been a good experience for you, I'll pass.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next