Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Ike Willis in ZPZ
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:20 am 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:47 pm 

Joel Osteen wrote:

Ah! The good old plaster caster days.This guys got a dick thats a monster! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:53 pm 

As kind of a sidebar to this discussion, has Ray addressed why he left ZPZ suddenly?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:37 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
As kind of a sidebar to this discussion, has Ray addressed why he left ZPZ suddenly?

I haven't heard anything, but Ive been dying to know. I think hes about to play a bunch of shows on the East Coast with Ike and maybe glennard.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:29 pm 

SHUT u Muppet you getting boering Alot :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:32 am 

Gustavo Dudamet! This cat is a fine conductor,and I dig his premier at the LA Philharmonic.The performance of John Adams' "City Noir" is spectacular.Sorry no link yet on PBS. Oh yeah! A couple of us are going over to Joel's Garbage and see if we can bend the strings!!! Banned,(ZFT) sez' his place is a drag,he has a central scrotanizer watching his everything! Have you heard of the mousekateers? I heard of a far away place that sounds like that. :wink:
BTW anyone else see the LA-PO Premier,PBS concert with Gustavo Dudamet? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:49 am 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:29 pm 

KillUgly wrote:
Maybe he's just sticking to his guns and feels he has a right to do what he is doing. From what I have read he's not doing anything illegal. Not to bash the current ZPZ vocalist but I'd much rather see Ike, Ray, Napolean, Adrian, Flo and Eddie, or Robert Martin in that slot.

I feel for Ike,when he was 19-20 he met and started playing with FZ,so in a way he grew up musically with Frank as a teacher and friend.Now he's told he can't play the music he grew up playing,and helped to create,by the people who benefited the most.ZFT-Gail. I'd like to her her side to be fair, why no Ike,and why did Ray White quit so suddenly? Facts is facts and another Mother with a voice in ZpZ would go along way toward ticket and recording money. :?:
Joel Osteen wrote:

Bones how long is this boner gonna last?..3-4 hrs...Ive tried tutus to Tribbles.Uhuru on deck now! :lol: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:25 pm 

SHUT u Muppet you getting boering Alot :|

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:01 pm 

Joel Osteen wrote:

Hey is this a repeat??? :?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:29 pm 

Plook wrote:
Joel Osteen wrote:

Yep! You get the new luggage for your free trip to Eugene,ORE for ZpZ.I'll take ya'.BYOB! Yep that's Don (DEISEL DUMMY) from Bakersfield,CA.He is fat and was Banned,all while spewing hate for hate's sake so ugly I can not,will not repeat.He has a compound near the Rogue river in ORE. where he takes in people like Eddie (who I met)in Shasta,CA.who say what he wants,and most likely more.
dd is a pompous ass! Freud,Jung and Janov would be hard pressed to cure him.But all would find easy to classify.
Now he's back as: Are you serious? This is about the 4th-5th or more times he has a new "personality, Don! Your outted,you use this forum just to piss people off.That is your retirement plan? :mrgreen:
cleon wrote:

Keep your hate to yourself.I don't think you can.So at least take it else where.Por Favor :evil: `Nuff said. Music is the best! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:51 am 

Ike would play in any Zappa playing group and he certainly isnt in it for the money. I saw a tribute band couple years ago in Portsmouth with the late great JCB called the Muffin Men. Bought a DVD at the gig and on it Ike is on tour with them, no money in a little tribute like that, only passion. Actually when I spoke to the band afterwards, a couple of them didnt even like Zappa's music, they just dug the complexity and diversity of it and therefore loved playing it

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:51 am 

Mr Belew wrote:
Ike would play in any Zappa playing group and he certainly isnt in it for the money. I saw a tribute band couple years ago in Portsmouth with the late great JCB called the Muffin Men. Bought a DVD at the gig and on it Ike is on tour with them, no money in a little tribute like that, only passion. Actually when I spoke to the band afterwards, a couple of them didnt even like Zappa's music, they just dug the complexity and diversity of it and therefore loved playing it

Just so as to educate you as to how little you know about these things
I personally witnessed a significant sum of money transferred
directly from the hands of Paul Green to Ike Willis backstage at BB King Blues NYC in 2005.

The name Ike Willis was used as a promotional marque item that helped bring in paid customers.
Ike certainly got paid a good sum of cash for his services on that evening.
They played absolutely zero Ike Willis Music, predominantly Zappa and some other
selections that were popular Rock & Roll numbers.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:44 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
directly from the hands of Paul Green to Ike Willis backstage at BB King Blues NYC in 2005.

Not being in it for the money does not mean never accepting money when it is offered. If you had an example of Ike W. turning down a gig playing with a Zappa tribute band, solely on how much it offred to pay him, then yes, one could say he was only in it for the money...but accepting a fee that was offered is just common sense.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:32 am 

just plain doug wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:

Not being in it for the money does not mean never accepting money when it is offered. If you had an example of Ike W. turning down a gig playing with a Zappa tribute band, solely on how much it offred to pay him, then yes, one could say he was only in it for the money...but accepting a fee that was offered is just common sense.

That BB King's club is pretty big too. Probably bigger then anywhere else they play or have played (?)

I saw the Muffin Men a couple of times-enjoyed them. Seeing JCB in person was cool. They can't be in it for the money! I have played to bigger audiences and I am a hack! No. There was a lot of good vibes in that room the last time I saw them, but not a lot of cash! (Some pub in Totteridge and Whetstone, about 5 years ago...).
Saw them once at a Zappa convention in Feltham. Anyone go to that?

Good memories.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:51 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:

He used it to buy tons more sandwiches and fatty foods.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:11 pm 

I've seen Ike with PO several times and I have also seen ZPZ three times...it would be a dream come true if Ike would play with ZPZ, but, frankly, I don't think it'll happen.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:25 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:
Joel Osteen wrote:

Yep! You get the new luggage for your free trip to Eugene,ORE for ZpZ.I'll take ya'.BYOB! Yep that's Don (DEISEL DUMMY) from Bakersfield,CA.He is fat and was Banned,all while spewing hate for hate's sake so ugly I can not,will not repeat.He has a compound near the Rogue river in ORE. where he takes in people like Eddie (who I met)in Shasta,CA.who say what he wants,and most likely more.
dd is a pompous ass! Freud,Jung and Janov would be hard pressed to cure him.But all would find easy to classify.
Now he's back as: Are you serious? This is about the 4th-5th or more times he has a new "personality, Don! Your outted,you use this forum just to piss people off.That is your retirement plan? :mrgreen:
cleon wrote:

Keep your hate to yourself.I don't think you can.So at least take it else where.Por Favor :evil: `Nuff said. Music is the best! :mrgreen:

GO fuck YOUSELF SOMEWHERE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:15 pm 

Hey is this a repeat??? :?[/quote]
cleon wrote:

I'm not refering to you cleon. It doe's look that way,but if you look back at Joel Olsteens post he puts the same line down as you,only he says its his line.I was just showing him where the line came from,you not him. If that is what you thought,sorry,it was not my intent.If its something else,you are free to ignor me. :? :| :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:24 pm 

Ike and Ray in PO! Come to NC!

Toph

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:47 am 

Those fighting are really a sad thing.
I've seen the ZPZ three times in Paris and enjoyed it a lot.
unfortunately, this happen only once every two years, one ZPZ is not enough, let others play the music of FZ.
Please!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:02 pm 

cosmicutensil wrote:
Ike and Ray in PO! Come to NC!

Then in January you get two ZPZ shows.Those poor ridge running tarheels.Do ya'll appreciate the music? :wink: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:29 am 

We tryed Ike,happy trails,`cuz it's end of trip here. :cry:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6