Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ike Willis in ZPZ
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:58 pm 

hodgy wrote:
Plook wrote:
Hodgy apparently you do not go to the doctor much or have not read up on BMI, check out a weight index chart you may be surprised at what constitutes being obese. By the way I watched that video again from 4 months ago and Ike is easily 60 to 80 pounds overweight, he is packing a pony keg under that shirt. Ike is around 6'3" and running "thick" with a large stomach, I would put him at between 280 (that is extremely conservative) and 310 (probably fairly accurate). At the low end he is on the high scale of obese and on the high end he is 20 pounds inside extremely (or morbidly) obese. At his height he would need to be at 195 (not close), just overweight starts at 205 (I doubt he weighed that when FZ was around), He reached the obese range when he passed 245. If he is shorter than 6’3” it gets worse you would need to subtract 5 pounds per weight threshold and another 5 if he is 6’2”. You actually confirm my observation by stating” he has always been heavy”. In the video he is next to a guy that might weigh a buck fiddy and he would fit in Ike’s stomach, not to mention those ham hock legs, fore quarter arms, and a head the size of a basketball.

Hodgy before you get podgy you should check your facts, otherwise you may be construed as khitchypoo.

LOL

I dare you to call Gene Hoglan or Byron Stroud 'morbidly obese'. To their face, anyway.

Now you’re just being silly...I will send you a BMI chart, and then we will talk.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:20 pm 

Plook you ain't fat.So what doe's that make me? Billy the Mountain? :wink: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:41 pm 

Plook wrote:
hodgy wrote:
Plook wrote:
Hodgy apparently you do not go to the doctor much or have not read up on BMI, check out a weight index chart you may be surprised at what constitutes being obese. By the way I watched that video again from 4 months ago and Ike is easily 60 to 80 pounds overweight, he is packing a pony keg under that shirt. Ike is around 6'3" and running "thick" with a large stomach, I would put him at between 280 (that is extremely conservative) and 310 (probably fairly accurate). At the low end he is on the high scale of obese and on the high end he is 20 pounds inside extremely (or morbidly) obese. At his height he would need to be at 195 (not close), just overweight starts at 205 (I doubt he weighed that when FZ was around), He reached the obese range when he passed 245. If he is shorter than 6’3” it gets worse you would need to subtract 5 pounds per weight threshold and another 5 if he is 6’2”. You actually confirm my observation by stating” he has always been heavy”. In the video he is next to a guy that might weigh a buck fiddy and he would fit in Ike’s stomach, not to mention those ham hock legs, fore quarter arms, and a head the size of a basketball.

Hodgy before you get podgy you should check your facts, otherwise you may be construed as khitchypoo.

LOL

I dare you to call Gene Hoglan or Byron Stroud 'morbidly obese'. To their face, anyway.

Now you’re just being silly...I will send you a BMI chart, and then we will talk.

Look, I don’t give a fuck about BMI’s OR arguing about fat people. To me, morbidly obese is that bitch that works over at the Wal-mart and dudes that live in sweat pants and have a sofa growing out they back. I love Ike’s work when he’s on and I’m disappointed when he sucks. His ass can be as fat as your big brain, Plook, and I still wouldn’t care.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:49 pm 

I have just unsubscribed this topic. My inbox couldn't take it. Information can be a curse.

He's a CEO for Chrissakes!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:28 pm 

Holy crap Hodgy...and you call me a 12 year old, you just took your ball and went home to Yo Mama. Next time you may want to ask Jonny Quest's dad and Race Banion if you can play with the big kids before you get in trouble.

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:34 pm 

Plook wrote:
Holy crap Hodgy...and you call me a 12 year old, you just took your ball and went home to Yo Mama. Next time you may want to ask Jonny Quest's dad and Race Banion if you can play with the big kids before you get in trouble.

Just not one to argue pointlessness. Bring on the Fudge.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:37 pm 

hodgy wrote:
Plook wrote:

Just not one to argue pointlessness. Bring on the Fudge.

Ivans voice:
It will be up to your room right away...we will send it by the Southern Pacific railroad... 8)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:08 pm 

I Like Ike! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:03 pm 

Ike Willis is so fat, by the time he gets his BVDs on they spell Boulevard, m i rite lol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:46 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
Ike Willis is so fat, by the time he gets his BVDs on they spell Boulevard, m i rite lol

LOL...Hilarious

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:09 pm 

You guys Do know that Hodgy is a member of Pojama People....dont you?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:08 pm 

I'm guessing many of us qualify as overweight middle-aged guys, so ultimately who gives a fuck?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:23 pm 

KillUgly wrote:
I'm guessing many of us qualify as overweight middle-aged guys, so ultimately who gives a fuck?

I gotta' second that! Who saw Ike last? I Like Ike! He is a nice man,playing music I like and he is always playing it with fun & joy! He and the band know what it's about and have fun doing it! Where is the rub? Jealous? Then take a load off Ike,ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNN Put the load on you! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:45 am 

hodgy wrote:
Plook wrote:

LOL

I'd happily call Hoglan a fat blob to his face, 'cause I know I could run, dance, or crawl away. Great drummer though
What about Vinnie as an alumnus. I know Travers has made the drum stool his own but if Bozzio could mange it, why not VC. I suspect he might even have more cross-over appeal anyway...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:05 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
KillUgly wrote:

I gotta' second that! Who saw Ike last? I Like Ike! He is a nice man,playing music I like and he is always playing it with fun & joy! He and the band know what it's about and have fun doing it! Where is the rub? Jealous? Then take a load off Ike,ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNN Put the load on you! :mrgreen:

This whole thing started because Daisy stated Ike was in great physical shape, all I pointed out is the obvious. I believe I have been the one encouraging him to get his fat ass in the ZPZ band, I would love it!
:D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:49 am 

Boom-baba Boom-baba BOOM :P

Post subject: re: ike willis
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:32 am 

after seeing pp a couple of weeks ago and chatting with ike between sets, he looks about the same as he has for the last 5 or so years, a bit older, a bit more grey hair, but still a great performer of zappa music; his guitar solos demonstrated he truly gets it, his vocals may be off a bit from old days, but lucille was still delivered strong & clear, the goose bump factor is still present

Post subject: Re: re: ike willis
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:43 pm 

slime.oofytv.set wrote:
after seeing pp a couple of weeks ago and chatting with ike between sets, he looks about the same as he has for the last 5 or so years, a bit older, a bit more grey hair, but still a great performer of zappa music; his guitar solos demonstrated he truly gets it, his vocals may be off a bit from old days, but lucille was still delivered strong & clear, the goose bump factor is still present

Height and weight...height and weight...We all know he is a fantastic musician and would be great in ZPZ...Height and weight so we can settle this???

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:04 pm 

Plook wrote:
slime.oofytv.set wrote:

Height and weight...height and weight...We all know he is a fantastic musician and would be great in ZPZ...Height and weight so we can settle this???

Ike's solos have truly evolved. If you haven't heard Ike play guitar in the last 3-4 years, you have missed out on a guy who has really become a great soloist, besides being a great vocalist.
As for being in ZPZ, GZ told me a few years ago in no uncertain terms that Ike is not be in ZPZ. I don't know all the details why, but she made it sound as though Ike had worn out his welcome and that the matter was closed.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:49 pm 

I agree about Ike's guitar playing. I didn't realize he was such a good soloist. Obviously that was something he didn't get to do with Frank.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:00 pm 

When I saw Ike a couple weeks ago I asked him about ZPZ and he said as long as Gail is walking this earth it won't happen. I asked him about the root of the problem and he said GZ harbored resentment towards him from the time he joined the band. Frank handpicked this 20 yr. old black kid from the inner city to be the frontman for the band and she didn't like it. He also implied that GZ resented Frank and Ike's relationship, that they got on real well and had alot of fun together. Frank wasn't supposed to have friends. I'm sure there's more to it than that but that's the jist of what he told me.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:16 am 

KillUgly wrote:
I agree about Ike's guitar playing. I didn't realize he was such a good soloist. Obviously that was something he didn't get to do with Frank.

KillUgly wrote:
When I saw Ike a couple weeks ago I asked him about ZPZ and he said as long as Gail is walking this earth it won't happen. I asked him about the root of the problem and he said GZ harbored resentment towards him from the time he joined the band. Frank handpicked this 20 yr. old black kid from the inner city to be the frontman for the band and she didn't like it. He also implied that GZ resented Frank and Ike's relationship, that they got on real well and had alot of fun together. Frank wasn't supposed to have friends. I'm sure there's more to it than that but that's the jist of what he told me.

On many of Ike's solos I got goose-bumbs,at first I thought it was the beer & hearing Franks music! But the guy can play! He has found that sound that turned our heads in the first place,and I call it Zappa-esk.whatever,but it makes me stop and hear,then want more! PP doe's have CD's of non-FZ material,that guess what! Is influenced by FZ. Why that would offend anyone? Thats your guess.Now I wonder was Ray not able to expand his guitar prowness in loo of DZ? One thing I do know is if Ike and Ray ever got together lookout! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:25 am 

Ike is cool f'catz
.. icall my son after him ..

but IKEY .. wtf Happened ????????

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:34 am 

Plook wrote:
slime.oofytv.set wrote:

Can you please change your name to Trendmonger West? it would simplify matters and be most fitting.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:46 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Now I wonder was Ray not able to expand his guitar prowness in loo of DZ?

Why would Ray be practicing in Dweezil's bathroom? Maybe he liked the natural reverb?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next