Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:32 pm 

Cant find a Swedish date! When will you be back?

And dont tell me this is the reason youre not touring here! :-)
http://www.godhatessweden.com/
/Mats

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:54 pm 

The music videos are pretty nifty. Haven't seen them on MTV, yet, though.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:05 pm 

Mattemo wrote:
Cant find a Swedish date! When will you be back?

Go over here & ask him :arrow: http://www.dweezilzappaworld.com/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:51 pm 

Hi,

Logistics man ... logistics ...

I would love to see him here in Portland ... but not gonna happen ... this town wouldn't know who Frank Zappa is and have the idea that Pink Martini is the definition of music and only jazz that is 75 years old and accoustic is music that can be called jazz! And the orchestra here? ... has as much talent as ... not even saying it! Let's say that the Muppets are better!

You have to live through the DVD's and hope that Dweezil also releases the Apostrophe stuff as well after the series of concerts that starts next week, I think.

My biggest disappointment nowadays is that things like "200 Motels" is not available and "Head" and some other things, and that is just sad, because some of these things were earthshattering and groundbreaking and massive ... and they are not yet understood as such. Most people and history around them ... it's just a bunch of crap, that has not enough respect for the strength, creativity and magnitude of the work itself.

It's really sad, because it is also denying a whole generation the intelligence and the artistic creativity that existed ... and works like this are, in the end, the Picassos, the Stravinsky's and many other things, that need to be seen ... in order to help provide perspective.

Sorry about the rant! I don't like to see artistic efforts get trashed, dumped, and buried. And yes, I would be very happy to catch ZPZ someday ... but I'm ok with not seeing it live ... I have lived this music for 40 years ... and this legendary music has been in my blood for a long time, and there is no shortness of breath or love for it.

One nice thing ... in many ways, seeing it done live by Dweezil, it has made the music "softer" for today's audience, and better, than it might have been at the time, when it was such a specialty thing ... and radio only played hits, and had to edit Frank's words.