Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:44 am 

I was turned on to Zappa 3 years before his passing...
many years later I have grown up and had a few kids.

I hope, pray & wish..... that my son will see & hear a Zappa collection be released like I have only dreamed of.

There should be a slow release of all his recorded concerts..... come on I'll pay for them.
As well as some of those fine video nuggets that they are hiding in the vault.
I hope it is before I die that this stuff, and others, are released

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:14 pm 

Hi,

In the 60's people clamored to see Margot and Rudolf ... a few years later it was Misha ... a few years later it was ... and then it was The Eagles ... and then some glam rock ... and then Marilyn Manson ... and then some quasi progressive music out there ... probably some hard core rap! ...

Why would you think that your kids would like Zappa? ... but I have an idea ... you play it when the kid is in the womb ... and hopefully he/she won't grow up weird ... there is always that story about playing Jimi Hendrix that said the plants were grouwing quirky ... which was a bizarre thing to say, because if anything on a psychic level the plant would pick out the feel of it better than anything else ... meaning that a lot of the music was played in the worst stereo you ever heard and that someone turned that treble and bass knobs to make the whole thing sound worse and make sure that the vibration hurt the plant!

I love distortion! ... even in truth! But it sounds way better in music, don't you think?

Kids today don't give a shit about so much of that history and schools are not teaching history ... they are teaching the old fashioned ideas of ... kiss the as$ of the establishment! ... so similar to other ideas in so many other parts of the world we don't think are free ... that it is not funny!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:26 am 

That's great, you're raising your kids well!