Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:29 pm 

Could anyone tell me what album (hopefully in mp3 version available on this site) the line
" I'm Jimmy Carl Black and I'm the Indian of the group?" (is) ???

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:48 am 

We're Only in It for the Money, unless I'm mistaken. Or wrong, Or incorrect. Or out in left field. Or something.

Miasma!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:43 am 

I am pretty sure its on the Mystery Disc on the Track "Mothers at KPFK ".

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:28 pm 

Plook, I hope you're joking.....
It is from We're only in it for the Money.
"Hi boys and girls I'm Jimmy Carl black and I'm the Indian of the group, ha ha ha ha...."

He says it twice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:00 pm 

thenoisydrum wrote:
Plook, I hope you're joking.....
It is from We're only in it for the Money.
"Hi boys and girls I'm Jimmy Carl black and I'm the Indian of the group, ha ha ha ha...."

He says it twice

Doesn't this also come up on the Mystery Disc track or do they just introduce him as a drummer, I thought they throw in the line about him being the Indian of the group also...Fuck my mind must being completely going, let me pull that disc out and check and I will get back to you.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:16 pm 

It's definitely "We're Only In It For The Money". He says it at the end of "Are You Hung Up?". His laughter segues into the start of "Who Needs The Peace Corps?".

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:27 pm 

I'm sure Plook is only offering possible supplemental information to Money. As for his mind going, possibly the effects of to many Jagerbombs in Reno. I'm still dealing with the repercussions. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:43 pm 

KillUgly wrote:
I'm sure Plook is only offering possible supplemental information to Money. As for his mind going, possibly the effects of to many Jagerbombs in Reno. I'm still dealing with the repercussions. :lol:

Dude that may have been a world record...I lost count somewhere way up in the double diggits, we had 5 people in that crew and betweens I know we spent over $800.00 drinking...greasing the time machine priceless!
:smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:54 pm 

Plook wrote:
KillUgly wrote:

Dude that may have been a world record...I lost count somewhere way up in the double diggits, we had 5 people in that crew and betweens I know we spent over $800.00 drinking...greasing the time machine priceless!

$800.00? Shit... I only brought $80.00 cash with me and didn't hit an ATM. I guess I owe you guys a few drinks.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:04 am 

KillUgly wrote:
Plook wrote:
KillUgly wrote:

$800.00? Shit... I only brought $80.00 cash with me and didn't hit an ATM. I guess I owe you guys a few drinks.

Hell no, its all booze under the bridge... :smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:35 pm 

Plookster, I think you're thinking of the "Please will someone go to bed with Jimmy Carl Black. A desperate Indian if ever I have seen one" line from that live section of the Mystery Disc

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:22 am 

thenoisydrum wrote:
Plookster, I think you're thinking of the "Please will someone go to bed with Jimmy Carl Black. A desperate Indian if ever I have seen one" line from that live section of the Mystery Disc

Actually I believe your right, I listen to the disc yesterday and in the track from the radio station they say "Jimmy Carl Black is the drummer" and he says "I play a red drum" and of course your above qouted section, it had been a while since I listen to this and I must of gumbeled the 2 and thought it was the same as WAOIIFTM.

On a side not the last track on the Mystery Disc is "Harmonica Fun" and several years ago I had some FZ newbies over drinking and we had a good buzz going , I'm playing all this intense complicated music getting them all on board with the complexity of it all. I then break out the Mystery Disc and play that track were the MOI say all these awesome instruments they play and the line goes something like "when we all play together it sounds like this" and it's the harp a gazoo some spoons I think, just a totally rink-ee-dink sounding jam and everyone just started LTAO to the point we were all in tears.

It was just one of those perfect spontaneous moments, they all are fans now to a certian degree... :smoke:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:18 pm 

Plook wrote:
thenoisydrum wrote:

Actually I believe your right, I listen to the disc yesterday and in the track from the radio station they say "Jimmy Carl Black is the drummer" and he says "I play a red drum" and of course your above qouted section, it had been a while since I listen to this and I must of gumbeled the 2 and thought it was the same as WAOIIFTM.

On a side not the last track on the Mystery Disc is "Harmonica Fun" and several years ago I had some FZ newbies over drinking and we had a good buzz going , I'm playing all this intense complicated music getting them all on board with the complexity of it all. I then break out the Mystery Disc and play that track were the MOI say all these awesome instruments they play and the line goes something like "when we all play together it sounds like this" and it's the harp a gazoo some spoons I think, just a totally rink-ee-dink sounding jam and everyone just started LTAO to the point we were all in tears.

It was just one of those perfect spontaneous moments, they all are fans now to a certian degree... :smoke:

I'm utterly ashamed that you didn't give the right answer.