Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:18 am 

It seems to be somewhat 'odd' such an important document for the Zappa collector hasn't been scanned and spread all over the internet by now. Or at the very least sold in some fancy hardbound limited-edition whatnot. :mrgreen:

But of course, I'm not interested in that, I just want to read the flipping thing! Is that too much to ask? (Yes.)

The occasional dead auction turns up online, but apart from that -nothing-. Just endless pages of people referencing how important it is. Which I, and nearly anyone else who's heard of Motels already knows.

At this point I'm willing to put up some digital green for it, just somebody tell me where I can find a copy the shooting script! I just want to read the thing, who knew it'd be so hard to do just that! :|

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:41 pm 

Are you talking about this. :arrow: http://globalia.net/donlope/fz/videos/200_Motels.html

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:06 am 

No, that's the transcript, very big difference.
That's just a word for word copy of the final edit.

I'm taking about the shooting script, the one Palmer and Zappa assembled, the one that's been sold at at least two auctions I've seen online (one here: http://entertainment.ha.com/itm/music-memorabilia/memorabilia/frank-zappa-200-motels-score-script-album-and-motel-keys-touring-makes-you-crazy-frank-zappa-said-of-the-total-1-item-/a/688-30159.s#36643664176), and the one that contains all the songs and dialogue details left out of the final version.

There's a partial list of the songs on there: http://globalia.net/donlope/fz/videogra ... tingScript
But that's not enough to pour through. The complete script is what I'm after.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:38 am 

1. Is it the box set that comes with a pop up 200 motels set/orchestra? All that and more Howie,
2. A vinyl record too? But wait there's
3. An original (copy) of the script for 200M's all typed out real nice like?
or...
6. The actors 1st run off copies of the original script with coffee stains and cigarette burns? :twisted: :mrgreen:

#9 Ask slime. 8)

BTW: Howdy SQ. :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:39 am 

Heeey, and yes. It's indeed that auction.
I'd settle for a nice set of scans though at the very least.

Now, who's this 'slime', and where do I ask him? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:25 pm 

No really, who do I ask?
This may be in the Wish List category, but I assure you I didn't start this topic without hoping to get at least one lead from it.

I mean really, this is the Motels shooting script, it shouldn't be -this- hard to find.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:42 pm 

SirQuacky wrote:

Slime.o's a forum member that dabbles in collectables. (slime.oofTV.set or close to that is his moniker here)
I'd check Zappateers.com too or ask, 'just plain doug' who's a real completest with all things Zappa and more. If those two fellows & Zappateers can't help ya, it don't exist! :wink: 8)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:51 pm 

KAPT.KIIIRK wrote:
SirQuacky wrote:

Slime.o's a forum member that dabbles in collectables. (slime.oofTV.set or close to that is his moniker here)
I'd check Zappateers.com too or ask, 'just plain doug' who's a real completest with all things Zappa and more. If those two fellows & Zappateers can't help ya, it don't exist! :wink: 8)

Grey_Ghost has a treasure trove of collectables too.

Welcome SQ!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:43 pm 

Alright, thanks you both! I'll shoot them all a PM, :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:39 pm 

sirquacky wrote:
very nice item, never seen anything like that before, some partial copies of ozalid versions showed up once or twice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:03 pm 

Indeed. Though the fact it ended in 2008 is a bit of a blow.

That "Owner's willingness to entertain and respond to Offers has not yet been verified." is the big downer.
Not to mention it not mentioning who the winning bidder was.

"Item Activity: 1 Internet/mail/phone bidders; 1,277 page views", :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:06 pm 

slime.oofytv.set wrote:
sirquacky wrote:
very nice item, never seen anything like that before, some partial copies of ozalid versions showed up once or twice

Would $200-$300 be a fair price for the whole shebang? :?:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:21 pm 

Some extra notes on it after I logged in:
"Sold for: $896.25 (includes BP) Bid Source: Mail/Fax bidder"

And quite interestingly, a zoom in on one of the photographs:

Barber... Dick Barber? With little red marks... Heeey, this could be an original. :shock: