Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:33 pm 

ZutboF wrote:
Why i am a Zappa fan? Because his music always change. He can have many styles in one song and more in an cd. years after years Frank has changed his musicians to add new sounds and to add different kind of music. So as a Zappa fan i was trained to receive new Zappa stuff as different stuff , not the same, upgraded etc... That's why i would prefer if ZPZ would make progress his compositions. I know Dweezil has to respect his dad compositions so thats why its not for me, its for new fans who discover this music. So when i go on youtube i like more watching groups that make covers with their own salt added. 8)

Edit:when i said ZPZ is not for me its because i saw them 3 times and i miss Frank but i liked to saw ZPZ sorry i was in a bad mood.

I love your posts, they lighten things up. I would walk on broken glass to see Ruth and JLP play those parts again.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:52 pm 

ZutboF wrote:
Why i am a Zappa fan? Because his music always change. He can have many styles in one song and more in an cd. years after years Frank has changed his musicians to add new sounds and to add different kind of music. So as a Zappa fan i was trained to receive new Zappa stuff as different stuff , not the same, upgraded etc... That's why i would prefer if ZPZ would make progress his compositions. I know Dweezil has to respect his dad compositions so thats why its not for me, its for new fans who discover this music. So when i go on youtube i like more watching groups that make covers with their own salt added. 8)

Edit:when i said ZPZ is not for me its because i saw them 3 times and i miss Frank but i liked to saw ZPZ sorry i was in a bad mood.

Hey Zut, when FZ toured after the MOI, I always expected to see new musicians as well as some of FZ's favorite players aboard. That was just FZ. And you always heard something that wasn't out yet taboot! If I can, I'll go anywhere and see anyone that can play his music right. That's if they're 'tuff enough to play FZ. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:19 pm 

Thanks guys for you answers. by the way its the 48th anniversary of Varese death :-/

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:06 am 

I think it would be interesting if ZPZ added an electric violinist, period. FZ himself never bothered to replace Jean-Luc instrument-wise, possibly because no-one else had his technique and talent. But in any case, whenever there was an electric violin in Zappa's music (1970 Hot Rats, 1973 Mothers, 1978 Halloween performances), it served to spice up Zappa's music in a big way. Zappa probably wrote the best lines for an electric violin to play ever.

Maybe ZPZ can bring Shankar for a guest performance or two?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:43 am 

Ed Organus Maximus wrote:
I think it would be interesting if ZPZ added an electric violinist, period. FZ himself never bothered to replace Jean-Luc instrument-wise, possibly because no-one else had his technique and talent. But in any case, whenever there was an electric violin in Zappa's music (1970 Hot Rats, 1973 Mothers, 1978 Halloween performances), it served to spice up Zappa's music in a big way. Zappa probably wrote the best lines for an electric violin to play ever.

FTLOF had an excellent violinist that filled in for a couple of the FZ songs that JLP was on that they played in Chico last week. DZpZ should snap dis guy up if he's available. :idea:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:41 am 

YES YES YES YES - My sentiments precisely!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:18 pm 

Muffin's Arf wrote:

YES YES YES YES - My sentiments precisely!!!

I totally agree. After seeing For The Love Of Frank, a Chico, CA. based FZ tribute band that Ike Willis preforms with now and then along with R"B"M & RW. Anyway, last time they had an electric violinist on some of the songs. It made a big difference and I'd recommend DZpZ try out some violinist, it just gives the songs so much more...pizzazz on the top end. They guy was really good and not to overbearing with his playin' either. A lot like JLP was. :D 8)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:20 pm 

I agree Kapt. Also, it is unfair to expect, because if it happened all you would do is compare their playing now to your memories of them playing then, alumni to really want to revisit their art 40 years after it was created.