Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 3:32 pm 

Okay, Iggy & the stooges did this a while back..<br>Issued the COMPLETE, UNEDITED masters from the "raw power" sessions. Would anyone else here want to see the original tapes issued (as a boxed set or DVD or something).<br><br>Shibi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 4:42 pm 

Actually the Stooges release was 'The Complete Funhouse Sessions' - 8 hours on 7 CD's.  Even if you're not a Stooges fan, you oughta check this out:<br><br>www.rhinohandmade.com/Browse/BrowseOutOfPrintList.lassi?-database=HandmadeMaster_remote&-layout=WDetail&-response=/browse/productDetail.lasso&-recordID=48&-token.PartnerToken=&-search<br><br>Imagine how cool an FZ release like this could be!  ???

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 2:19 pm 

Good idea, but alot of it would be repeated material. Some of the tracks ended up on Chunga's Revenge & Lost Episodes. You mean there's more?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 3:06 pm 

a great idea - with the original vinyl mix and the remix<br><br>and liner notes by IAN UNDERWOOD!!<br><br>edgy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 5:16 pm 

Yeah, release this stuff. Sugarcane Harris was phenomenal.Definitely fodder for Vaulternative.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 5:30 pm 

Hey!<br>    Is there more?   I wouldn't want a "Complete 'In A Silent Way'...Miles Davis"-type of debacle though.  That Cd set put out all the pieces of music that Miles had recorded for the "creating" of the piece of music we all know...but,ends up sounding like the bunch of "fair to unsuccessful" takes that it is.   It's been said to be totally un-satisfying.(Although I've not shelled out the cash to hear it for myself.)<br>     I'm not sure if there's cool leftovers is all I'm saying.If there are ...bring it on,if not....hmmmm.......

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 5:42 am 

Just listened to "Bognor Regis". Sounds nice, especially the violin playing, but it's just a loose jam over a ii-V chord progression. I wonder how other outtakes from the Hot Rats-sessions will sound without all the Ian Underwood overdubs, since he played all the horns and keys on the original album. Still, a Hot Rats 'complete sessions' edition could be interesting..

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 11:24 pm 

I think we all tend to agree that there is too little stuff issued these days, although, 2 releases in 12 months?  Its a start.<br>I don't understand why with all the stuff in the vaults, there aren't more releases, but I guess that's a different thread?<br> :(

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 4:32 pm 

I think this'll work with other albums too like:<br><br>Overnite sensation<br>Uncle Meat<br>Baby Snakes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 8:52 pm 

shiborugu wrote:
...Issued the COMPLETE, UNEDITED masters from the "raw power" sessions. Would anyone else here want to see the original tapes issued (as a boxed set or DVD or something)...

beatles did this with 'sweet apple trax' basically take1 take2 take3 take4 etc.etc. of most of the let it be songs...you can pick up a lot of interplay between the band...any material like this from zappa's master tapes could be slapped together...

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 2:11 pm 

never realized it was a bootleg, double vinyl album

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.