Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 6:48 pm 

how do i play the whole concert all i do is click on the songs and it gives me credits and plays the music but no video how do i get the whole concert video

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 1:40 pm 

whats the point of releasing it on dvd then ? and whats dvd-a ?<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:07 pm 

thanks for the information ronnys , but why are zft involving themselves in what appears to me to be an unestablished and uncompatible format - why cant we just have it on regular cd ? does 5.1 surround really add to the music ? did quadriphonic add to the music - im not sure i can even appreciate stereo over mono. <br>i cant handle all this format switching routine - 75% of my " bought " music is on wax - i could never justify paying through the nose for a crappy cd - though i always craved a mobile fidelity thingy gold plated version of eat a peach - i dont know - just spare me another round of " format wars ". <br><br>the word " artifact " may be applied to wax - theres somethin bout the stuff , nice thick , meltable in the sun wax - i iron 5 every sunday nite , what fun.<br><br>i thought this release was a full feature film version of haloween too - what a conn - is need roxy dvd  badly - that will get me to change - please excuse me <br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 8:59 pm 

mungo wrote:
...cant handle all this format switching routine - 75% of my " bought " music is on wax - there's somethin bout the stuff, nice thick, melt-in-the-sun wax....

new format, nothing wrong w/lp's if they're in good shape, more info in the liner notes/sleeve & having it all in front of you rather than paging thru a cd booklet

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:10 am 

I for one hope this is just the start of the ZFT releasing <br>FZ's music in DTS 5:1.  The sound is just amazing.  There's a HUGE difference in listening to music that is<br>mixed for 5:1 compared to CD's, tapes, and albums.  <br><br>DVD-A along with a DTS 5:1 surround system is a far superior listening experience than plain old stereo.  Or at least it is with Halloween.  I have a few other DVD-A's that don't sound nearly as good as the Halloween mix.  But they still sound better than CD's.  <br><br>Hey, I was one who resisted this DVD-A idea when I first heard of it.  I too wanted Halloween released on CD because I didn't even own a DVD Player.  However, I found a DVD-A Player for $200 and thought, 'go for it.'  Now I'm spoiled and want everything released on DVD-A.  I'm also finding that regular DVD kicks the shit out of video so I'm happy two times over.  <br><br>T<br>

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 5:06 am 

Frank said,<br><br>Hydrogen is not he most abundant element in the universe....it's stuipidity. hee hee..