Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 7:11 am 

[quote author=Thing-Fish24 link=board=wishList;num=1030399050;start=45#45 date=03/17/03 at 20:53:02]ALL THE MATERIAL (EXCEPT FOR THE SONG "SLEEP DIRT", AND FLAMBAY IS A SHORTER EDIT) ON THE VINYL VERSION OF SLEEP DIRT APPEARS ON Läther !!!!!!!!!<br>AND THE EXTRA MINUTES OF FLAMBAY THAT DON'T APPEAR ON Läther ARE ON THE SLEEP DIRT CD! GAWD![/quote]<br><br>Your first post regarding this matter stated:<br><br>"Are All Of you High? All Tracks from the Sleep Dirt vinyl (except for "Sleep Dirt") are INCLUDED on the Läther triple-cd set, and THE SONG SLEEP DIRT ON THE SLEEP DIRT CD IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS ON THE SLEEP DIRT VINYL! IF YOU WANT THE VINYL MIX, GET Läther!" <br><br>My response was that the instrumental version of "Flambay" on Läther was a shorter edit than the original, instrumental version found on the original Sleep Dirt; your reply was, "No, It Is Not."<br><br>But it is.<br><br>Therefore, in answer to your question, no, we are not all high; when we express an interest in a CD release of Sleep Dirt without the vocals, we are expressing an interest in the release of a CD that does not exist, and whose components are not available on CD in their entirity elsewhere, as the original instrumental version of "Flambay" does not exist on CD.<br><br>As I prefer this album as it was originally released, the extra minutes available on "Flambay," containing Thana Harris' vocals, will not provide me with what I want. And if you will notice, this thread is in the "Wish List" section of the forum, therefore the topic is proper, as the product wished for does not exist.<br><br>Got it?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 11:06 am 

[quote author=Them link=board=wishList;num=1030399050;start=15#23 date=03/16/03 at 22:40:21]<br><br>If you have a working turntable you are fortunate indeed!<br>[/quote]<br><br>I am unfortunate in that I do not. So it's quite TORTUROUS for me to own the vinyl version of SD and not be able to listen to it.<br><br>But I am fortunate in that I own a CD burner, and was able to make an all instrumental version of SD using the applicable tracks from Leather as substitutes for the SD vocal tracks.   But despite the fact that I find it to be both acceptable and highly enjoyable, I still wish I had the original vinyl version of Flambay on that disc. This is an excellent wish list item, imo.<br><br>Them, I would be more than happy to burn you a copy of my homemade SD disc and send it to you. You can private mail me if you want.<br><br>jar<br>

>You don't.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 6:09 pm 

[quote author=sleeping_in_a_jar link=board=wishList;num=1030399050;start=45#49 date=03/18/03 at 13:06:14]<br><br>I am unfortunate in that I do not. So it's quite TORTUROUS for me to own the vinyl version of SD and not be able to listen to it.<br><br>But I am fortunate in that I own a CD burner, and was able to make an all instrumental version of SD using the applicable tracks from Leather as substitutes for the SD vocal tracks.   But despite the fact that I find it to be both acceptable and highly enjoyable, I still wish I had the original vinyl version of Flambay on that disc. This is an excellent wish list item, imo.<br><br>Them, I would be more than happy to burn you a copy of my homemade SD disc and send it to you. You can private mail me if you want.<br><br>jar<br>[/quote]<br><br>You are so kind, sleeping_in_a_jar! Thank you, I appreciate your offer. But I too have made an all-instrumental-homemade-type Sleep Dirt disc using a combination of original Sleep Dirt and Lather tracks.<br><br>If I could just get a digital copy of the original, unedited "Flambay," I'd be all set. But wouldn't we all? ;D