Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 5:26 pm 

Did I read on the message board a while ago that there were four albums in the can  when Frank passed and that they would never be released?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 11:01 pm 

Yes. Trance-Fusion is a Guitar-solo album, which apparently are not going to be released. I have heard, that someone has heard the material, and according to rumors.....the album is super quality. It is strange that it is not released  :'( <br><br>About the other albums I don't know much. The Varese album some says that FZ was not entirely happy with, so that could explain why it has remained on the shelves.<br><br>But why keep speculating. Let's get the true stories from those who know ;)<br><br>BTW: Great new site!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 4:00 am 

Trance Fusion is really nice. I have a CD version of it that i downloaded on the web (Napster nice old days) and it's a really great record. What are THEY waiting to release it?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 12:12 pm 

Maybe now with the new Vault releases, we'll see these surface.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 2:59 pm 

If Trans-Fusion and Dance Me This are anywhere near as good as Guitar and SUNPYG I will love them.  They are among my most favoritest FZ discs!!  I never thought that I would sit down and listen to three discs worth of guitar solos, but here I am!  Damn!  I never knew he could play so good before I heard those two sets!<br><br>DebK

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 9:11 am 

One would think, but FZ died 9 years ago and they STILL haven't been released....<br><br> :(

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 9:21 am 

<br>[quote author=beast link=board=wishList&num=1029817602&start=0#8 date=08/22/02 at 12:16:07]<br>So we may not see those discs until the Ryko license expires.<br>[/quote]<br><br>Anyone know when this will occur?<br><br> ???

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 1:02 pm 

Expires?  Didn't Ryko BUY the catalog?  I thought that the Zappa titles they've released are theirs for good now.  I could be wrong though.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 8:01 am 

But are Transfusion and Dance me this part of the Ryko deal? Or did Ryko only buy the back catalogue of already released material?

--------------------------

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 2:05 am 

FYI: Here is the track list of Trance-Fusion. It is great, and the "nugget" is "Bowling on Charen". Great harmonics.<br><br>1. Chunga's Revenge (London, 4/19/88, w/Dweezil)<br>2. Bowling on Charen ("Wild Love" solo, NYC, 10/28/77 #1)<br>3. Good Lobna ("Cleveland" solo, Memphis 12/4/84)<br>4. A Cold Dark Matter ("Inca Roads" solo from Allentown, 3/19/88 )<br>5. Butter or Canons ("Cleveland" solo from NYC, 8/25/84)<br>6. Ask Dr. Stupid ("Easy Meat" solo from Eppelheim, 3/21/79)<br>7. Scratch & Sniff ("City of Tiny Lights" solo from Brighton 4/16/88 )<br>8. Trance-Fusion ("Marqueson's Chicken" solo from Stuttgart, 5/24/88 )<br>9. Gorgo ("Torture" solo from Stockholm, 5/1/88 )<br>10. Diplodocus ("King Kong" solo from Providence, 10/26/84)<br>11. Soul Polka ("Oh No" solo from Allentown, 3/19/88 )<br>12. For Giuseppe Franco ("Hot Plate Heaven" solo from Seattle 12/17/84 #2)<br>13. After Dinner Smoker ("Torture" solo from Genoa, 6/9/88 )<br>14. Light Is All That Matters ("Cleveland" solo(s) from Seattle, 12/17/84 #2)<br>15. Finding Higg's Boson ("Hot Plate Heaven" solo from Vienna, 5/8/88 )<br>16. Bavarian Sunset (post-"Walrus" jam from Munich, 05/09/88, w/ Dweezil)<br>

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 6:30 am 

Except for the mentioning of Dance me This, I don`t know about it.<br>But I HAVE Trance-Fusion, and I also LOVE it! The quality could be stunning from the original source, but I traded my copy, and this one isn`t too good. Maybe there were different generatuions of tapes on the way to germany. BUT: IF there is an original Cd or master, which was stolen or somehow made it`s way out of the Vault on day, there HAS TO BE the original master, right? So it should`t be such a big thing to release it... ask joe vaultmeister?!<br>RYko? I think they bought the catalogue in the middle of the nineties, and it did NOT include Trance Fusion or Dance Me This...But what the fuck do I know?!!?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 3:36 pm 

Here's my wish. I wish one of you great people out there who has the Trans Fusion material would burn me a cd of it so that I can preview it and report my findings to the masses. I'll send you a wonderful FZ t-shirt that'll knock your socks off in exchange....Please? The Sheik needs it bad! Drop me a line, Imabeeginyou. :'(