Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:54 am 

dear forum members,<br><br>its so very hot over here, i got (i think so..) over 30 degrees in my place and outside its even worse. <br>i mean, this is germany and not the south! dammit.<br>i hate heat and want to know what temperature and weather everybody is dealing with at the moment.<br>and what you are doing to keep nice and cool.<br>sweaty regards<br><br>wowie zowie!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:52 pm 

[quote author=MentalTossFlycoon link=board=wishList;num=1054666499;start=0#4 date=06/03/03 at 22:19:36]<br>Oh, sorry....<br><br>wowie_zowie, you should move to the US. You see, here we use Fahrenheit; so 30 degrees is much cooler here...<br><br>As I suspected, my little physics joke was just as stupid the second time....[/quote]<br>hmmm. i`d choose some northern state. where its nice and cool, FELT temperature, nevamind celsius or fahrenheit.<br>or better alaska. watch out where the huskies go.... ;D<br>i guess i must take care because of that.<br>build some iglu, grab some fish and...have fun in the snow.cold weather makes ME hot as hell.<br>i wish.....<br>wowie zowie!<br>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:24 pm 

Come up here to Eastern Canada.  It's summer now, but the winters are just bitterly cold, and last for what seems like an eternity.  <br><br>Ice storms & freezing rain, school gets canceled at least 10 times each winter, due to weather.  I have some great pictures of the ice that covered our entire province only two months ago.  <br><br>So many trees covered in ice, it was beautiful.  Crazy though, there were frozen tree limbs falling in the middle of traffic.  I saw a huge chunk of ice fall three stories on to someones truck.  <br><br>Image<br>This one is in Eastern Ontario, not near me, but an all too farmilliar sight.<br><br>Image<br>This one looks more like home.<br><br>Image<br>Although this pic isn't in eastern canada, it was this bad here.  <br><br>Image<br><br>I wish I had a scanner so I could share the great pics I took while walking to work, down the trails at 7:00am.  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:50 am 

dear butch!<br><br>wow. these pics are marvellous. i`ve been looking at them for a couple of minutes now and just started DREAMING!! i almost shiver. pheeww! <br>this week we are about to have approx. 35 degrees over here. celsius! that sucks. and is to be continued.<br>well, i`d really love to come over and build you a BIG BIG snowman. or any creature you`d prefer.<br>just tell me, its yours.<br>as its been said in a lovely tune: <br>"baby, the snow must fall...." by glenn yarborough. actually it was the rain, but i don`t mind.<br>its a nice song though we`ve just had playing here by chance. so this time  i dedicate it to you and all of your frosty bunch. have fun!<br>i`m going to live in the fridge now. with weird al.<br>love<br>wowie!<br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:44 am 

It's somewhat humid outside right now, and its kind of wet from some slight drizzle.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 6:11 am 

Hello Wowie Zowie ,move to Frozen Whitehorse waste land and your dream will come true. It is about 23 degrees right now and the sun is shining,the fishing can't be beat and there is a large population of germans here it's a way of life you'll love it.<br><br>        From the land of the midnight sun,love Saint_alfonzo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 6:57 am 

thanks for advice, alfonzo...<br><br>sounds great except of the germans i`d say. i am tired of germans and prefer fish!<br><br>love<br>wowie!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 7:35 am 

I love heat. Can't wait to get out of this cold country and travel to spain for the summer, he he.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 8:22 am 

We get the heat and the cold in Québec.<br>Move here and share the land (i'll keep the heat).<br>Today, it must be around 30 celcius, sticky sweaty kinda stuff. Quel enrichissement!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 10:42 am 

Thats me,thats me,thats me! I am a fish

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 10:45 am 

Oh yeah i forgot i'm drinking beer to keep cool ;D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 8:00 pm 

Image<br>Her you go, wowie.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 10:55 am 

update, my friends: <br><br>now we are having [glow=red,2,300]40 DEGREES[/glow] continuously. <br>everything fucks up. machines quit working. streets mutate into pudding. railroad tracks bend and and lead another way.  people are drenched in sweat and blood attending to do things they never even tought of, times of madness indeed. running through the streets naked. crashing their heads in for buying a fan. duelling for a seat in an airconditioned bar. drink all day. dance all night. crime rates are enhighening explosively. i mean, thats germany....<br>and myself.....is having the craziest summer of all times.<br>gotcha!<br>what about you, eskimos out there?<br>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 10:57 am 

If it's not [glow=red,2,300]scorching hot[/glow] outside, it's [glow=blue,2,300]raining[/glow].  :(

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:21 pm 

[glow=red,2,300]BOILING[/glow], its just boiling over here...<br>all the mud has dried out, i cannot take my pictures tonite.<br>its living sickness.<br>regards,<br>wowie!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:58 pm 

I heard that railroad tracks have buckeled from the heat.<br>That's hot.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 2:43 pm 

the crack is that the railway system in the uk has become even more messed up than usuall - the excuse is that they cant run the trains at top speed ( 30 mph  - and actually slower that 80 years ago ) due to the excessive heat. the spin is the rails are laid to cope with winter tempatures ( its all to do with der expansion and contraction of the rails as they are laid pre-tensiones to allow for a certain ammount of thermal movement that has much to do eith the specific thernal coefficient of expansion for that particular alloy ) and to run the wagons over em at this summer temp would cause danger. <br>all this is just a crappy excuse though as railways in france and usa and everywherels run fine at whatever temp - time of year.<br>the realk reason theys are slow of course is that the friggin uk is the only nation in the fuckin world that tries to run the system without state subsity and rail just does not pay its way - the answer ? GET A CAR - WITH A SUNROOF - PREFERABLY AM ASTON MARTIN  - NICE, EH !!!<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:04 pm 

yeah, railroad stuff usually sucks, not only in germany. train still keep running over here, wonder how long, can tell things go worse just look at all these delays...what does not buckle leads astray, always.<br>get me that aston martin, right, no, wait, i prefer one mercedes benz 500 SE,old model,  black, colored windows, aircondition, BLASTING aircondition and alike stereo, that sounds nice. i am gonna bring my records and live in there for the summer.<br>by thw way, did one of you bunch ever slided on own sweat and fell on his face? its fun, tellya.<br>love<br>wowie!<br>